PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: MJ sells Hornets to the guy from the Gamestop short squeeze

FultzNationRISE
06-16-2023, 10:42 AM
I remember how maniacally excited Its Miller Time was about that episode, with his trademark shrill, unhinged lunacy. “HAHAHAHA, yes, YESSS!!! Burn it all down, BURN THE RICH DOWN HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!”

Well, the guy they burned down just bought an NBA team.

So I guess there’s that.

Keno
06-16-2023, 10:48 AM
top 3 worst owners in NBA history lol, never seen worse decisions from someone who was a superstar on the court.

Charlotte about to become contenders now lowkey

Duderonomy
06-16-2023, 02:22 PM
top 3 worst owners in NBA history lol, never seen worse decisions from someone who was a superstar on the court.

Charlotte about to become contenders now lowkey

It is sorta amazing for almost 20 years they never drafted a superstar. Kemba was the closest one. Just drafting random projected lottery picks should have struck oil on someone.

Also I don't think 23 had as much money to invest in talent above the salary cap, not that they ever got close to worry about bringing back a contender :oldlol:

kawhileonard2
06-16-2023, 11:11 PM
They never had the #1 pick unfortunately. Hell Bulls have been terrible apart from getting Rose in 2008 and that is the 3rd market for amount of people since 1998 (25 years)

MrFonzworth
06-17-2023, 05:18 AM
I remember how maniacally excited Its Miller Time was about that episode, with his trademark shrill, unhinged lunacy. “HAHAHAHA, yes, YESSS!!! Burn it all down, BURN THE RICH DOWN HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!”

So I guess there’s that.

Rent free

Overdrive
06-17-2023, 07:39 AM

So I guess there’s that.

Why do you support rich people? Honest question. It's not like you have any wealth.

Jasper
06-17-2023, 09:20 AM
proof hornets got sold:confusedshrug:

FultzNationRISE
06-17-2023, 02:20 PM
Why do you support rich people? Honest question. It's not like you have any wealth.

:wtf:

In what ways do I "support rich people?"

Explain it using logical sentences.

bison
06-17-2023, 07:28 PM
Bought the hornets for $275million

Sold them for $3billion

The GOAT :bowdown:

Jasper
06-17-2023, 11:20 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37863644/sources-michael-jordan-finalizing-charlotte-hornets-sale

SATAN
06-18-2023, 12:09 AM
Hornets would have multiple championships with Pippen at the helm.

Axe
06-18-2023, 12:27 AM
Hornets would have multiple championships with Pippen at the helm.
:lebronamazed:

Soundwave
06-18-2023, 12:56 AM
Say what you want but turning a $275 million investment into a $3 billion dollar return in 13 years is a cool bit business.

1987_Lakers
06-18-2023, 09:48 AM
https://worldstar.com/videos/wshhlNTxzJfj8ZLk5zUX/man-breaks-down-why-michael-jordan-sold-the-hornets-claims-the-goat-is-going-broke-because-of-gambling

97 bulls
06-18-2023, 01:53 PM
https://worldstar.com/videos/wshhlNTxzJfj8ZLk5zUX/man-breaks-down-why-michael-jordan-sold-the-hornets-claims-the-goat-is-going-broke-because-of-gambling
WOW!!!

Overdrive
06-18-2023, 03:09 PM
:wtf:

In what ways do I "support rich people?"

Explain it using logical sentences.

Well, you seem happy that a guy who makes money off putting companies in a downward spiral thus costing people their jobs is still able to pay 3bil for an NBA team. Maybe it's just that you're happy to have a gotcha on Millertime, but that guy rarely if ever posts here anymore.

Axe
06-18-2023, 10:36 PM
Fun fact: the hornets have made the playoffs less than five times and never won any playoff series under his ownership.

FultzNationRISE
06-18-2023, 11:31 PM
Well, you seem happy that a guy who makes money off putting companies in a downward spiral thus costing people their jobs is still able to pay 3bil for an NBA team. Maybe it's just that you're happy to have a gotcha on Millertime, but that guy rarely if ever posts here anymore.

Oh, he PUTS them in a downward spiral?

I thought he was wagering against a company he doesnt believe is solvent in the long run, and thus doomed regardless. Since a company that isnt viable cant just employ people 'because it wants to.' Since eventually the math stops working. I thought he was making a legal wager on something that either will or wont happen regardless of his position.

I didnt realize he was taking healthy, thriving businesses and single handedly ruining them for profit.

So thanks for explaining that to me. I guess I have a lot to learn about not supporting the rich! Words and edgy rhetoric about "fair share" are way more important than how you live your life, am I right?

Btw how many vaxes and boosters are you up to now? Have you hit double digits yet? Good boy. Another record year of profits for Big Pharm :cheers:

SATAN
06-19-2023, 12:24 AM
Cringe.

Overdrive
06-21-2023, 02:44 AM
Oh, he PUTS them in a downward spiral?

I thought he was wagering against a company he doesnt believe is solvent in the long run, and thus doomed regardless. Since a company that isnt viable cant just employ people 'because it wants to.' Since eventually the math stops working. I thought he was making a legal wager on something that either will or wont happen regardless of his position.

I didnt realize he was taking healthy, thriving businesses and single handedly ruining them for profit.

So thanks for explaining that to me. I guess I have a lot to learn about not supporting the rich! Words and edgy rhetoric about "fair share" are way more important than how you live your life, am I right?

Btw how many vaxes and boosters are you up to now? Have you hit double digits yet? Good boy. Another record year of profits for Big Pharm :cheers:

Thanks for proving my point. You support the rich, nothing shameful about it. It just goes against your helping the upright little men rhetoric in the OTC.

Yes, he wagers against a company failing, no it's not illegal. Did the company start to fail before that? Of course. People like him read the signs. But you know what downward spiral means? Usually once the shorting starts other shareholders rush to drop their investments, because they're afraid to lose their money. It's a self feedbacking process and it does kill companies that maybe could be saved otherwise.

FultzNationRISE
06-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Thanks for proving my point. You support the rich, nothing shameful about it. It just goes against your helping the upright little men rhetoric in the OTC.

Yes, he wagers against a company failing, no it's not illegal. Did the company start to fail before that? Of course. People like him read the signs. But you know what downward spiral means? Usually once the shorting starts other shareholders rush to drop their investments, because they're afraid to lose their money. It's a self feedbacking process and it does kill companies that maybe could be saved otherwise.

A company will go out of business for one of two reasons:

1) There is no demand for what is provides.

2) It is not run properly.

In the first case, no amount of investment can save it. However if there IS a demand for what it provides, and it simply doesnt have the right management or enough resources etc, a competitor will swoop in and pick up its extra market share, thus creating jobs at the competitor, or employees themselves can start a new business from scratch in the industry etc.

Jobs in an industry dont just disappear because someone shorted a business. Youre concocting a narrative to maintain your position, rather than being honest and accepting the truth.

Thats the difference between us. I consider what any person or group (the rich, the poor, the middle class, whoever) is actually doing and decide if it’s fair or not, acceptable etc based on the reality. I dont “support” one group over another I’m looking at what is reasonable.

You pick a side first, to fit a social image as well as to maintain a comforting view for yourself about reality, and then stump for it regardless of how illogical it may require you to be. And then when youre threatened by an objective viewpoint you create strawmen about how someone is “supporting the rich” when in fact theyre just stating the truth of the matter.