PDA

View Full Version : This is why Jordan is the GOAT

RogueBorg
06-16-2023, 02:30 PM
https://i.ibb.co/0MDQQ0x/Most-awards.png

It's really staggering how far in front of the field Jordan really is.

https://fadeawayworld.net/10-nba-players-with-the-most-trophies-and-awards-of-all-time

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2023, 02:32 PM
https://ibb.co/G2xFFZq

It's really staggering how in front of the field Jordan really is.
Image is missing, like Jordan's playoff success without Pippen.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2023, 02:34 PM

:lebronamazed:

ShawkFactory
06-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Why are steals and assist titles there but rebounding and blocks ones aren't?

Axe
06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
:oldlol:

theman93
06-16-2023, 03:19 PM

Jordan is head and shoulders over the pack anyways. Including those titles, Wilt would be at 28, KAJ at 22, and Russell at 22. So really Magic is 5th and Lebron is 6th.

Duffy Pratt
06-16-2023, 03:27 PM
Slam Dunk contests are counted? All Star MVPs? But rebounding and blocks are ignored. Count those, and figure out a way to extend them before the stats were kept. Then also extend defensive player of the year and finals MVP back before the award was invented. Then see whether Russell or Chamberlain come close. If they do, then change the criteria (add most retirements, maybe?) so Jordan will come on top. The whole GOAT debate is so stupid.

Kblaze8855
06-16-2023, 03:27 PM

Same reason it includes finals mvps which didn’t exist during most of the career of several of these people.

You choose the result you want then work backwards to reach it.

Jordan being the goat certainly isn’t best explained by unfair shit like this.

Overdrive
06-16-2023, 03:33 PM
So scoring titles weigh as much here as championships, MVPs and FMVPs. Everybody knows Russell would have won a few FMVPs and DPOYs.

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2023, 03:38 PM
So scoring titles weigh as much here as championships, MVPs and FMVPs. Everybody knows Russell would have won a few FMVPs and DPOYs.
As does the coveted all-star game MVP. Being the most valuable player of one exhibition game is equivalent to a FMVP.

ShawkFactory
06-16-2023, 03:43 PM
Jordan is head and shoulders over the pack anyways. Including those titles, Wilt would be at 28, KAJ at 22, and Russell at 22. So really Magic is 5th and Lebron is 6th.

I don’t really care about who is ranked what. This just seems arbitrary.

Full Court
06-16-2023, 03:49 PM
That's why Jordan is the overwhelming consensus GOAT. I don't know why it makes some people on here go into bitch fits about it.

RogueBorg
06-16-2023, 03:51 PM
That's why Jordan is the overwhelming consensus GOAT. I don't know why it makes some people on here go into bitch fits about it.

Yup, alot of butt-hurt people weeping right now.

Kblaze8855
06-16-2023, 04:03 PM

You absolutely know it’s stupid to count dunk titles the same as finals mvps. You don’t have to act like a valid argument is made when you agree with the outcome. If I say Cheesecake is the goat dessert and my reasoning is that “It’s the only dessert with sugar” I definitely did not explain myself well. Even if you love cheesecake you know it’s a stupid argument.

Axe
06-16-2023, 04:11 PM
It's not that he's not a top goat anymore or what. It's the fact that there's an overwhelming connection between jordan stains and being delusional. A lot of these fools are obsessed, narrow-minded and are just mainly focused on dissing out his goat nemesis, which is a great disservice to jordan himself. Also they barely talk about anything outside of basketball too.

ShawkFactory
06-16-2023, 04:13 PM
You absolutely know it’s stupid to count dunk titles the same as finals mvps. You don’t have to act like a valid argument is made when you agree with the outcome. If I say Cheesecake is the goat dessert and my reasoning is that “It’s the only dessert with sugar” I definitely did not explain myself well. Even if you love cheesecake you know it’s a stupid argument.

People love that though. It allows them to not have to make their own argument.

ELITEpower23
06-16-2023, 05:22 PM
Dumb graphic. No way in hell a Scoring Title is worth as much as a Finals MVP. And no way in hell a 30.0 PER playoff run through the Finals is worth less than a Finals MVP. Next.

Full Court
06-16-2023, 09:07 PM

Sure, I don't know anyone who uses dunk title as a ranking criterion. I certainly don't. But Jordan's simply accomplished more as a team and invidual combined than anyone else. So far.

3ba11
06-16-2023, 09:12 PM

You're punishing Jordan for setting the GOAT standard of winning with the first all-star he ever received and never needing another one, while everyone else in history needed MANY all-stars and won much less.

It's super-dumb.. If the only knock on Jordan is that he lost when everyone else lost (as a young player), then you have nothing on him and he had the perfect career... And it turns out that he DID infact have the perfect career because he never lost as the favorite and never lost with a good team (1 or 2 seed) and never lost in the Finals, and lost the least with an all-star teammate... He has the highest ring and MVP frequency in 3-pointer history

kawhileonard2
06-16-2023, 10:55 PM
https://i.ibb.co/0MDQQ0x/Most-awards.png

It's really staggering how far in front of the field Jordan really is.

https://fadeawayworld.net/10-nba-players-with-the-most-trophies-and-awards-of-all-time

Good list! Jordan did everything basically!

6 NBA Championships

6 Finals MVPs

5 MVPs

3 All-Star Game MVPs

1 Defensive Player Of The Year

1 Rookie Of The Year

10 Scoring Titles

3 Steals Titles

2 Slam Dunk Contest Championships

Walk on Water
06-17-2023, 03:27 AM
Jordan is way ahead. Curry should have more than Lebron. Lead the league in 3s 7 times. Won two 3 point contests. 2 MVPs, one finals MVP. All star game mvp. 2 time scoring champ, lead in steals. 4 chips. Lead league in free throws 4 times. That puts him at 24.

MrFonzworth
06-17-2023, 05:16 AM
Dumb graphic. No way in hell a Scoring Title is worth as much as a Finals MVP. And no way in hell a 30.0 PER playoff run through the Finals is worth less than a Finals MVP. Next.

No way in hell you're capable of walking up a flight of stairs

Overdrive
06-17-2023, 07:53 AM

Of course its worth less. What good is a 30 PER good for if you lose in the end. The ultimate goal is to win. That's why ppl who say Russell is overrated are stupid.

Hey Yo
06-17-2023, 08:24 AM
You're punishing Jordan for setting the GOAT standard of winning with the first all-star he ever received and never needing another one, while everyone else in history needed MANY all-stars and won much less.

It's super-dumb.. If the only knock on Jordan is that he lost when everyone else lost (as a young player), then you have nothing on him and he had the perfect career... And it turns out that he DID infact have the perfect career because he never lost as the favorite and never lost with a good team (1 or 2 seed) and never lost in the Finals, and lost the least with an all-star teammate... He has the highest ring and MVP frequency in 3-pointer history

And he never played more the 7 consecutive full seasons without needing to quit the league to rest up.

sdot_thadon
06-17-2023, 09:11 AM
Getting to the point where being an Mj Stan translates into retard. Of all the great arguments Mj presents for them, they choose to use the stupidest most convoluted stretches of takes. Almost like they're secretly playing for the other team.....

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2023, 09:24 AM
Getting to the point where being an Mj Stan translates into retard. Of all the great arguments Mj presents for them, they choose to use the stupidest most convoluted stretches of takes. Almost like they're secretly playing for the other team.....

This is what Im thinking..

like you cant be as dumbed down as OP is. Its so weird.

ELITEpower23
06-17-2023, 09:30 AM

B-b-b-b-but guys, MJ won himself ten Allen Iverson chucker awards during the WEAKEST ERA in basketball's existence! Guys?

Axe
06-17-2023, 05:29 PM
Sadly this is true.