PDA

View Full Version : Tony Snell realizes he has autism after son diagnosed with autism

FultzNationRISE
06-16-2023, 05:39 PM
Former NBA forward Tony Snell can thank his son for helping him learn something important about himself.

Appearing on NBC's "Today" on Friday, Snell revealed that he was able to discover as an adult that he has autism spectrum disorder after his 2-year-old son Karter was diagnosed at 18 months.

"I'm like, 'You know what, if he's diagnosed [with autism], then I think I am [on the autism spectrum] too.' So that gave me the courage to go get checked up," Snell told "Today."

As a kid in California, Snell said he was "always independent growing up. Always being alone. I just couldn't connect with people on the personal side of things."

Despite not being diagnosed until he was 31, Snell said the news made sense to him.

"I was not surprised, because I always felt different," Snell said. "I was just relieved, like 'Ahh, this is why I am the way I am.' It just made my whole life, everything about my life, make so much sense. It was like a clarity, like putting some 3-D glasses on."

After being picked by the Chicago Bulls in the first round of the 2013 draft, Snell has since played for the Milwaukee Bucks, Detroit Pistons, Atlanta Hawks, Portland Trail Blazers and finished the 2021-22 season with the New Orleans Pelicans. He played in 19 games this season for the Boston Celtics' G League affiliate. But Snell said he thinks that not being diagnosed earlier in his life actually helped him reach the NBA.

"I think I'd have probably been limited with the stuff I could probably do," Snell said. "I don't think I'd have been in the NBA if I was diagnosed with autism [at his son's age]. Because back then, like, what is autism? They'd have probably put a limit or a cap on my abilities."

Ultimately Snell said he just wants to support his son.

"I want to make sure my son knows that I have his back," Snell said. "When I was a kid, I felt different, but I can show him that I'm right here with you and we're going to ride this thing together, we're going to grow together and we're going to accomplish a lot of things together."

Interesting… article…

Jasper
06-17-2023, 12:18 AM
will his son become a sharp shooter as well ?

diamenz
06-17-2023, 02:21 AM
self-diagnosis? why not... you can identify as anything you please these days.

RRR3
06-17-2023, 02:23 AM
If you could get read, you would have seen that Snell specifically said he got tested for autism. Can't let literacy get in the way of obsessing about the trans people tho huh

MrFonzworth
06-17-2023, 05:12 AM

Meltdown

Full Court
06-17-2023, 05:46 AM
Some people on here should be able to identify.

tomtucker
06-17-2023, 12:33 PM
And 70% of NBA players are retarded.
So what's your point?

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2023, 02:25 PM
If you could get read, you would have seen that Snell specifically said he got tested for autism. Can't let literacy get in the way of obsessing about the trans people tho huh

When are you finally going to come out as a woman?

Full Court
06-17-2023, 08:50 PM

Yeah. If only you could get read!!

:roll:

ELITEpower23
06-18-2023, 10:58 AM
Kawhi's next

ILLsmak
06-18-2023, 12:40 PM
Autism is real. It's also strongly correlated with HIGH INTELLIGENCE. Like scientifically un-deniable level. I feel like 'autistic' people just process information differently. If you aren't "On The Spectrum..." lol I feel like Adam Sandler "All the cool kids pee their pants!!"

But haha, for real tho. It's probably legit 50/50 or 70/30. You get autism, you lose sheep mind. That and 'ADHD' are poorly understood. The world is built for the other brain type. They're running the wrong OS.

It's a real moment when you're like I MIGHT BE ALIL AUTISTIC THO? **** it. Like I said I see them, too. I legit dunno if you're autistic or not Fultzie, but if you can understand what I'm saying, you are. Their brain processes information differently; it's not like "a straight line" when reading. It's more like a scrolling chat room. It's a great skill set to have, and like I said... you know who is Autistic as hell? LeBron JAMES. 1000. But he's a beast. I think he's still like 1% salty about it, that and the way his toes look... and his hair line, but all that shit affects people.

-Smak

ILLsmak
06-18-2023, 12:45 PM

Both of you have autism. Oprah. YOU got the Autism. YOU got the Autism. I got lame memes cuz this is a lame weird thread. Autism education is AWESOME.

FUN WITH WORDS.

I remm teasing this girl I actually liked for a sec in college. She was taking math 98 or something haha. I was like what is that "fun with numbers??"

It's all good, just like you can make fun of us when we twitch, or for just being a weirdo. LIKE LEBRON. You see all those dudes being so tight together, why? It's cuz they black right. You prol think that. There are a lot of black people in the NBA. A lot of good, social basketball players, but level... like Melo, intelligence "IN AUTISM" is different. Melo probably has that mind, but he's easily frustrated. I personally think people with talent on that level have severe ADHD, that's why the nba was banging when everyone was on coke rofl. Or how Kemp could do what he did. Surprised dude's heart didn't blow out tho, or Rodman. Also, an Autistic. That's mad funny you made this thread cuz I wanna talk about this shit, but I dunno what it has to do with... BASKETBALL. Let's talk about BASKETBALL like AI sed.

-Smak

tpols
06-18-2023, 03:48 PM
Autism is real. It's also strongly correlated with HIGH INTELLIGENCE. Like scientifically un-deniable level. I feel like 'autistic' people just process information differently. If you aren't "On The Spectrum..." lol I feel like Adam Sandler "All the cool kids pee their pants!!"

But haha, for real tho. It's probably legit 50/50 or 70/30. You get autism, you lose sheep mind. That and 'ADHD' are poorly understood. The world is built for the other brain type. They're running the wrong OS.

It's a real moment when you're like I MIGHT BE ALIL AUTISTIC THO? **** it. Like I said I see them, too. I legit dunno if you're autistic or not Fultzie, but if you can understand what I'm saying, you are. Their brain processes information differently; it's not like "a straight line" when reading. It's more like a scrolling chat room. It's a great skill set to have, and like I said... you know who is Autistic as hell? LeBron JAMES. 1000. But he's a beast. I think he's still like 1% salty about it, that and the way his toes look... and his hair line, but all that shit affects people.

-Smak

It seems to be an overload of logical intelligence vs emotional intelligence. Autism is basically emotional blindness. It's over diagnosed though. Computers and phones and isolation are one of the main culprits imo.

ILLsmak
06-18-2023, 05:08 PM
It seems to be an overload of logical intelligence vs emotional intelligence. Autism is basically emotional blindness. It's over diagnosed though. Computers and phones and isolation are one of the main culprits imo.

That's the understanding, but it's flawed. It leads to a lot of bad science. You can't build off of a flawed structure. It's more like there are two brain types. There is def no lacking in emotional intelligence. TRUST ME. But it's just different. I mean the MBTI test is trash, but I'd like to know whether someone is an introvert or an extrovert. That's KINDA science, even if it's just how they perceive themselves. You can lie on tests, too.

That's two different things. All of these 2s. It's the simple part. There are autistic people and non autistic people, and I feel like all of this transgender shit is trying to make us not realize that. People hadn't realized that. It took them forever. lol. WAIT 2 BRAINS? But it would be obvious to someone w/ the right amount of executive function and autism. People CONSTANTLY misunderstand each other and fight each other, what makes more sense than there are two? Like when you call someone autistic, you are calling them atypical, but there is only one a-type. "The R word" is one, but that's kind of a different level, autism is speaking purely of how a person behaves. I don't think there is another behavioral disorder that can be functional, not one that isn't heavily correlated with autism. I say do the math. The way I talk, people always told me I wasn't the smartest person in the world, but I'm just speaking 'with authority.' I did a lot of research. Fultzie dropped me a dime to get to talk about this on mainpage. Might help you dudes understand each other.

Why are we spending money on transgender research? We have the mind profiled to a ridiculous point. They definitely suppress research, cannot deny that. The amount of data, I mean they are gathering data more than likely almost everything you say online, it's going to a store, so that's what they could actually do w/ AI... not TAKE OVER THE WORLD but INDEX THAT INFORMATION. They don't understand things. Autism sees things as whole. It's all metaphor. There is a spectrum, but the hardest autism does.

Trust me I've done a lot of research on this cuz I couldn't find out why I couldn't INTERACT WITH PEOPLE.

Like I wrote earlier today, you have a hard time coming on the net and calling people autistic (I didn't write that literally, but I'm expounding off that) because the internet was obviously developed by the autistic mind IMO at least. Why? Computers/TheInternet were created just like an autistic mind, an autistic genius mind. I dunno if I'm an autistic genius or not haha tbh. But then compare that to what they are doing to stuff now... they bought out apple now it's like DEVICES. Steve JOBS GENIUS. They got us pressing buttons n shit, and to me that stuff is MAD WEIRD. It's like man I been doing that other stuff, it makes sense, why did you change it up? It wasn't hard for me to learn how to use.

ANY OF YOU DUDES HAVE TROUBLE LEARNING HOW TO USE A COMPUTER? If you did, you probably are not autistic lol. Let's make a 'I'm Proud to Not Be Autistic' thread, cuz that shit would be cool, too. I gotta stay over here... people get heated for no reason. When an autistic person doesn't know something they meme out. Like if they get into an argument with a sports fan who actually got on the internet and was like hmm, ahh. I'M THERE. I'M ON THE INTERNET. TIME TO SHIT POST. But if he actually knew his shit and could pull links, etc, he could learn, and that's where the autistic meme comes from. Dudes get into arguments online and they dunno what to do so they start spamming bullshit stats. Stoppit. Just leave the thread, you can't always win. That's some make u a better person shit like Allen Iverson said. Take it from an autistic mind. Let people do their thing. Back off, give people space to do their thing and if they flop help them stand back up. It's like stupid what you guys do. But some times someone says some dumb shit and people gotta be like loool, and that's normal. Like I said if I make a bad post, bust my ass. I made it to set up someone to bust my ass. I see the inherent structure of social dynamics. I LEARNED a lot of the 'traditions' which seemed foreign to me. Like if you see a girl and she is looking at you, there should be no reason that you can't just walk up and stand right in her face like what's up. And that should be enough. It shouldn't have to be I got this price or whatever. It isn't logical. There is a fallacy that emotions are illogical, or it is something people are trying to tell you. They aren't. Emotions are reactions. Everyone has emotions. Some people just go really hard. Sometimes tho you gotta take the L and kinda be like ahh nice or you are gonna get stomped out in life by anyone who is worth it and end up hanging around with a bunch of omegas. Worth it people usually value loyalty, because in my opinion, loyalty is a very logical concept.

That's why artists are always breaking the rules. They hate the society that was created, the education system etc...

Shout out to AUTISM. See this is how you pass off!

-Smak

ILLsmak
06-18-2023, 05:32 PM
CONCLUSION

ASD in high-functioning adults is associated with a distinct personality profile even if variability exists. Further studies are needed to explore the complex relationship between ASD and PD.

^ or you can go with what the science says. lol.

-Smak

diamenz
06-18-2023, 05:46 PM

:hammerhead:

what a catastrophic fail.