PDA

View Full Version : So where is Draymond headed to? declined option

highwhey
06-19-2023, 12:21 PM
Dallas? Lakers? Idk who has the money or better fit.

Kblaze8855
06-19-2023, 12:25 PM
I think both sides suggested he’d be back but I always assumed he was going to the Lakers the way he’s been on Lebrons dick the last couple years.

ILLsmak
06-19-2023, 12:26 PM
Home hopefully.

For real tho, I think he is a great role player that got feeling himself and got shook, ain’t the first time, that’s the downside of salary caps. Caps should be 1-12 to encourage playing your role. People go crazy when others play bad ball.

A dray that can’t step up and knock down a three is trash.

-Smak

bladefd
06-19-2023, 12:29 PM
I think both sides suggested he’d be back but I always assumed he was going to the Lakers the way he’s been on Lebrons dick the last couple years.

I feel like dray wants one last big contract. Lakers can't give him that without a s&t.

iamgine
06-19-2023, 12:30 PM
There's hope yet for Donkey/Doncic pairing.

highwhey
06-19-2023, 12:39 PM

being that he is the heart of golden state, it suits him to stay there until retirement and i'm sure the organization would offer him a job post-retirement.

but part of me would like to see him paired with Luka to see what type of damage they can make.

highwhey
06-19-2023, 12:40 PM
Home hopefully.

For real tho, I think he is a great role player that got feeling himself and got shook, ain’t the first time, that’s the downside of salary caps. Caps should be 1-12 to encourage playing your role. People go crazy when others play bad ball.

A dray that can’t step up and knock down a three is trash.

-Smak

yeah he can't shoot but his defense and playmaking are still very good. he'd start on any team.

Kblaze8855
06-19-2023, 01:06 PM
yeah he can't shoot but his defense and playmaking are still very good. he'd start on any team.

Non scoring worse defenders than Draymond who also can’t be the top playmaker on a team have been all stars. Amazing the influence scoring has on the minds of fans. And it’s amazing how selective it is.

warriorfan
06-19-2023, 01:12 PM
shanghai sharks

jayfan
06-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Heat

1987_Lakers
06-19-2023, 01:21 PM
Warriors dynasty is basically over if he leaves.

NBAGOAT
06-19-2023, 01:30 PM
warriors, who else can pay him. The mavs arent letting kyrie go to sign draymond

Akeem34TheDream
06-19-2023, 01:35 PM
Draymond and Steph have such a good chemistry that it would be disappointing to see them split up. Engines of two sides of the ball for GSW. I always saw Klay more as a luxury than foundation. Those two also make each other better. I was thinking of duos in NBA history that harmonize the best. Greater than sum of their parts etc. Could be them. Although watching Jokic&Murray is beautiful too. They score so many easy points thanks to their great decision making as a duo that it sometimes feels like cheating.

hold this L
06-19-2023, 02:45 PM
Warriors dynasty is basically over if he leaves.

It's over if he comes back at a large price tag as well. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. If he comes for cheap on a friendly deal, I'd love to have him back.

RogueBorg
06-19-2023, 03:53 PM
Will anyone else put up with his antics?

1987_Lakers
06-19-2023, 06:31 PM
It's over if he comes back at a large price tag as well. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. If he comes for cheap on a friendly deal, I'd love to have him back.

Warriors are soft without him. One of the reasons why the Warriors defense regressed this past season was because Draymond pretty much kept his mouth shut after he punched Poole, you didn’t see him bark at teammates or communicate as much on the defensive floor, which led to a regression on that end. A lot of Warriors fans don’t realize just how valuable he is. He is basically their leader and brings them toughness.

Axe
06-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Warriors are soft without him. One of the reasons why the Warriors defense regressed this past season was because Draymond pretty much kept his mouth shut after he punched Poole, you didn’t see him bark at teammates or communicate as much on the defensive floor, which led to a regression on that end. A lot of Warriors fans don’t realize just how valuable he is. He is basically their leader and brings them toughness.
In short, he's a lot more alpha than the gerbil curry is.

FKAri
06-19-2023, 08:04 PM
Spotify

highwhey
06-19-2023, 08:41 PM

part of me would love to see the meltdown from GSW fans if Draymond left. they truly do not understand he's their engine on defense. without him, that whole team can't play defense.

Real Men Wear Green
06-19-2023, 09:35 PM
I doubt anyone outbids Golden State. He's uniquely important to Curry and Thompson, a point forward with below average shooting doesn't easily fit into a normal line up. Other teams could use him but may view him as a reserve and this not worth a major contact.

And if he goes to LA he will become completely irrelevant. He would be James' back up. Offensively he is what James would have been if he was unathletic and shot threes worse. Unless the Lakers hand him a stupid contract going to LA would be a terrible move for him.

highwhey
06-19-2023, 09:43 PM
Spotify

The Joe Draymond Experience

hold this L
06-20-2023, 04:09 AM

That doesn't mean they should give him whatever he wants. He's a terrible shooter and scorer and his defense has fallen off over the years. He's still needed in the team just not for a large contracts. If he wants to go somewhere else where his garbage-tier spacing won't get resolved at all and he'll get memed for the whole season for an extra few million a year, let him do it.

I doubt anyone outbids Golden State. He's uniquely important to Curry and Thompson, a point forward with below average shooting doesn't easily fit into a normal line up. Other teams could use him but may view him as a reserve and this not worth a major contact.

And if he goes to LA he will become completely irrelevant. He would be James' back up. Offensively he is what James would have been if he was unathletic and shot threes worse. Unless the Lakers hand him a stupid contract going to LA would be a terrible move for him.
The problem is Bob made several atrocious mistakes and then just left in the most difficult time to a guy whose job has been working with him in the shadows. But he doesn't have any experience as the guy. :facepalm

tomtucker
06-20-2023, 05:02 AM
OnlyFans

ILLsmak
06-20-2023, 05:07 AM
Non scoring worse defenders than Draymond who also can’t be the top playmaker on a team have been all stars. Amazing the influence scoring has on the minds of fans. And it’s amazing how selective it is.

2 brainz. I can tell Dray been washed and he knows it, and he's so salty that he knocked out his teammate so I mean... haha. It ain't about scoring.

-Smak

basketballcat
06-20-2023, 05:24 AM
Taiwan. He's done.

Axe
06-20-2023, 12:28 PM
That doesn't mean they should give him whatever he wants. He's a terrible shooter and scorer and his defense has fallen off over the years. He's still needed in the team just not for a large contracts. If he wants to go somewhere else where his garbage-tier spacing won't get resolved at all and he'll get memed for the whole season for an extra few million a year, let him do it.

The problem is Bob made several atrocious mistakes and then just left in the most difficult time to a guy whose job has been working with him in the shadows. But he doesn't have any experience as the guy. :facepalm
Cringe. Seriously you've got to move on and start accepting that the dynasty days of the past are pretty much over at this point as they are getting older. Still, four chips in six finals ain't that bad so it's not the end of the world either. And i'm pretty sure they still have a good chance to qualify in the playoffs, tho just not as competitive as before.

tpols
06-20-2023, 01:00 PM
Hopefully the warriors can get a big man that can actually shoot and score a bit and has some length for rim protection. Draymond has been largely useless since like 2016 which since then his jumper has become totally broke, he destroys spacing, and he's also a major team distraction and liability with his uncontrollable temper.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2023, 01:07 PM
Hopefully the warriors can get a big man that can actually shoot and score a bit and has some length for rim protection. Draymond has been largely useless since like 2016 which since then his jumper has become totally broke, he destroys spacing, and he's also a major team distraction and liability with his uncontrollable temper.

A guy who won DPOY in 2017 was "useless". :roll:

tpols
06-20-2023, 02:08 PM
A guy who won DPOY in 2017 was "useless". :roll:

The warriors romped to a title that year with their unstoppable offense. Dray wasn't even necessary. His broke offense and poor off court leadership even chased KD away. You think the warriors would rather have Dray over Durant the past few years? :oldlol: That actually wouldn't surprise me from you.

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 02:27 PM
DPOY(on the #2 defense) also leads his team in assists and is useless. And we talk about casual fans………

Axe
06-20-2023, 02:44 PM
The warriors romped to a title that year with their unstoppable offense. Dray wasn't even necessary. His broke offense and poor off court leadership even chased KD away. You think the warriors would rather have Dray over Durant the past few years? :oldlol: That actually wouldn't surprise me from you.
So it's about scoring all over again. Lmao.

tpols
06-20-2023, 02:47 PM
2017 Finals - 11/10/5 on 34% FG and 28% 3pt

2018 Finals - 9/6/8 on 51% FG and 21% 3pt

2019 Finals - 12/10/9 on 43% FG and 26% 3pt

2022 Finals - 6/8/6 on 33% FG and 12% 3pt

^^^ :wtf:

And then he just averaged 9/7/6 on crappy shooting in this year's playoffs while being left wide open.

You guys don't like facts. Defense doesn't make up for being that atrocious on offense.

Anybody paying this dude is a damn fool.

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 04:02 PM
.You guys don't like facts. Defense doesn't make up for being that atrocious on offense.

For one…going 2-5 and missing both your threes in 40 minutes isnt “offense” it’s 5 seconds of 20 minutes of offense. And even if it were defense of a HOF caliber absolutely does make up for it. Players and coaches are on the record acknowledging he sat down and built the best defense in the NBA and actively runs it in and out of games from the sideline.

The idea that being the key piece of the best defense in the league while also being the teams primary play maker can’t offset supplying three or four of the teams 50 missed shots is some of the most casual fan shit I’ve ever heard. Whatever you think he is now doesn’t have anything to do with what he was in his prime. Even with that finals he shot better from three the 2017 playoffs than Klay Thompson did while also being the best defender in the NBA.

You called the defensive player of the year who shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts a game in the playoffs useless. It’s OK to acknowledge you exaggerated.

tpols
06-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Dray isn't a great playmaker outside being able to feed the GOAT shooting tandem who also specialize in off ball execution.

If he goes to a middling team you'll see his dimes evaporate and his line / impact will be trash.

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 04:19 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306210147340339.jpeg

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 04:30 PM
We should not have to debate whether or not a 26 year old Draymond Green was a useless player.

Like anyone else, he benefits from Steph/Klay...etc.

But there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't have gotten noticeably better adding an in prime Draymond Green.

tpols
06-20-2023, 04:31 PM
Will bump when he hopefully leaves. Anybody that watches the warriors knows 90% of other teams can't run their sets and don't have their GOAT shooting. Most stars that take a lot of 3s do it off the dribble or from the triple threat. Curry and Klay is a unique situation.

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 04:33 PM
Will bump when he hopefully leaves. Anybody that watches the warriors knows 90% of other teams can't run their sets and don't have their GOAT shooting. Most stars that take a lot of 3s do it off the dribble or from the triple threat. Curry and Klay is a unique situation.

What will that prove? He's going to be 33 and is clearly not as good as he once was.

You are like the morons that said what Curry did after Durant left would prove a lot...when the guy had already won a title without Durant and set the wins record.

Nothing that happens in the future changes how good Draymond was 6 years ago.

tpols
06-20-2023, 04:42 PM
What will that prove? He's going to be 33 and is clearly not as good as he once was.

You are like the morons that said what Curry did after Durant left would prove a lot...when the guy had already won a title without Durant and set the wins record.

Nothing that happens in the future changes how good Draymond was 6 years ago.

The warriors won a championship with him shooting 33% from the floor and 12% from 3 averaging 6/8/6.... his defense was still considered elite at that time. Shit... it's still ranked elite today. But if you're that atrocious on offense it's not gonna make up for it. It's not even just his individual production but his horrible spacing that's a killer too. Teams literally don't guard him and he still shoots like that.

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 04:46 PM
The warriors won a championship with him shooting 33% from the floor and 12% from 3 averaging 6/8/6.... his defense was still considered elite at that time. Shit... it's still ranked elite today. But if you're that atrocious on offense it's not gonna make up for it. It's not even just his individual production but his horrible spacing that's a killer too. Teams literally don't guard him and he still shoots like that.

That is in 2022...and he clearly was not the same level of player.

Again, nothing that happens in 2024 changes how good any player was 7 years prior.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.

John8204
06-20-2023, 04:53 PM
Sam Antonio makes the most sense for him...they had cap space and he's a great guy to run your team with Wemby as the star

tpols
06-20-2023, 04:56 PM
That is in 2022...and he clearly was not the same level of player.

Again, nothing that happens in 2024 changes how good any player was 7 years prior.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.

What's missing from his game that he had 4 or 5 years ago? The only thing that dropped a bit was his rebounding but that's because looney has been gobbling boards since getting a prominent role. And Zaza kind of sucked.

His dimes are relatively the same. Defense by all metrics still great and he gets DPOY votes... he finished 4th in DPOY this year. What's changed? Besides his shooting totally cratering, but that's been happening for years. So not really a change at all.

You're acting like dray is a shell of what he once was but that's not true. You just didn't know or appreciate how bad he's played a bunch of times throughout the years. Eye test shows he's running around like a madman with the same level of athleticism and anger and endurance he's always had which is the only thing old age is going to affect.

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 05:10 PM
What's missing from his game that he had 4 or 5 years ago? The only thing that dropped a bit was his rebounding but that's because looney has been gobbling boards since getting a prominent role. And Zaza kind of sucked.

His dimes are relatively the same. Defense by all metrics still great and he gets DPOY votes... he finished 4th in DPOY this year. What's changed? Besides his shooting totally cratering, but that's been happening for years. So not really a change at all.

You're acting like dray is a shell of what he once was but that's not true. You just didn't know or appreciate how bad he's played a bunch of times throughout the years. Eye test shows he's running around like a madman with the same level of athleticism and anger and endurance he's always had which is the only thing old age is going to affect.

No, I'm not acting like he's a shell. I'm just pointing out the obvious that he is no longer in his athletic prime and he's a worse player now than he was in 2017...

Why do you do this? Why call a player "useless" that you don't think is useless? Why argue that Draymond is the same now as he was over a half decade ago...when you know he isn't.

If you want to say Draymond just was never a good player...cool...but don't come on here saying that if Draymond goes to a different team...late in his career...that what he does or doesn't do is going to be some retroactive accurate judgment of what type of player he used to be.

Again, you sound like the "Curry has to win without Durant' idiots...

tpols
06-20-2023, 05:34 PM
No, I'm not acting like he's a shell. I'm just pointing out the obvious that he is no longer in his athletic prime and he's a worse player now than he was in 2017...

Yea and you havent been able to explain why. There's no discernable difference in drays athleticism now vs 5 years ago. He was never even a great athlete to begin with. His defense was always predicated on his intensity and anticipation and core strength. He finished 4th in DPOY this year. That hasn't changed.

If you look at his productions almost nothing has changed besides extreme cratered shooting going from bad to horrendous.

If you want to say Draymond just was never a good player...cool...but don't come on here saying that if Draymond goes to a different team...late in his career...

I.... have said that. I've said it about 1000x on here that if dray was drafted to the magic or Bulls or something nobody would know who he was. He'd be a 2nd round draft pick defensive role player. The only reason he got acclaim is because he played for a dynasty team with a game breaking player in Curry.

Jasper
06-20-2023, 06:43 PM
Dallas? Lakers? Idk who has the money or better fit.

china league ...

j3lademaster
06-20-2023, 07:04 PM
Draymond's offense is literally set a screen and get an assist off a handoff 3, or lob it to the dunker's spot off of pick and rolls. PnR's that only work with any kind of consistency because 3 defenders will collapse on Steph every time he takes a pick. We all saw who he was in 2020 when Steph and Klay went down. He passed and still got decent assist numbers not because he's Steve Nash, but more because he doesn't have anything else to his offensive game. Now, I think Dray's a decent passer, but I also think a lot of guys can get 6 assists if they were given the touches and only passed.

Dray on any other team will suffer from the same thing that makes Ben Simmons unplayable: Can't space the floor if you play him on the perimeter and you get killed on the boards if you have him as your center. The Warriors are the only team that can solve that problem, because Steph with any 2 decent shooters can create enough spacing that other lineups require 4 or 5 shooters for, so the Warriors have the luxury of putting a true rebounding center who can also fill the dunker's spot for Draymond's lobs. You can definitely recreate this on another team if you can put together 3 truely elite shooters. Maybe. But then you're building a lineup around Draymond Green and not the other way around. I wouldn't go through that trouble.

There isn't one player in NBA history who gets this kind of attention off picks than Steph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5SdMQZjiZs

tpols
06-20-2023, 07:12 PM
Draymond's offense is literally set a screen and get an assist off a handoff 3, or lob it to the dunker's spot off of pick and rolls. PnR's that only work with any kind of consistency because 3 defenders will collapse on Steph every time he takes a pick. We all saw who he was in 2020 when Steph and Klay went down. He passed and still got decent assist numbers not because he's Steve Nash, but more because he doesn't have anything else to his offensive game.

Dray on any other team will suffer from the same thing that makes Ben Simmons unplayable: Can't space the floor if you play him on the perimeter and you get killed on the boards if you have him as your center. The Warriors are the only team that can solve that problem, because Steph with any 2 decent shooters can create enough spacing that other lineups require 4 or 5 shooters for, so the Warriors have the luxury of putting a true rebounding center who can also fill the dunker's spot for Draymond's lobs. You can definitely recreate this on another team if you can put together 3 truely elite shooters. Maybe. But then you're building a lineup around Draymond Green and not the other way around. I wouldn't go through that trouble.

There isn't one player in NBA history who gets this kind of attention off picks than Steph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5SdMQZjiZs

Yup.

That's a good comparison too. A shorter, darker over emotional Ben Simmons. But Ben had way more talent... he had lotto talent ... he unfortunately shied away from ball due to the Hollywood party atmosphere that sucked him in.

Either way the guy will be a Westbrook style liability anywhere he goes and is extremely fortunate to be the hand off man to GOAT off ball shooters.

It's like giving credit to a QB for handing the ball off to Barry sanders.

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 07:27 PM
He's not going to create anything but there is value in a guy that constantly makes smart plays. You just don't want to hand a roleplayer like that a huge contract and act like he's a star. Comparing him to Simmons is wrong if Green had Simmons physical talent he would be 10+ time AllNBA. Green is a below average shooter but he will take shots and he wants to play.

highwhey
06-20-2023, 07:39 PM
china league ...

we need to trade you to the china league equivalent of ISH old man

j3lademaster
06-20-2023, 07:52 PM
Yup.

That's a good comparison too. A shorter, darker over emotional Ben Simmons. But Ben had way more talent... he had lotto talent ... he unfortunately shied away from ball due to the Hollywood party atmosphere that sucked him in.

Either way the guy will be a Westbrook style liability anywhere he goes and is extremely fortunate to be the hand off man to GOAT off ball shooters.

It's like giving credit to a QB for handing the ball off to Barry sanders.the Warriors can solve a lot of problem players like that. If Westbrook commits himself to being a high effort defender like he’s shown he can be this playoffs, isn’t he much better than GP2? Especially on a min contract. And yeah, I wasn’t trying to make a direct comparison of Ben and Draymond, just pointing out they share the same exact weaknesses and strengths in the court. Neither can finish: Ben because he’s spooked and Dray because he has absolutely zero touch and/ or athletic ability. I realize Dray is a slightly better shooter. Doesn’t matter, you’re defended just the same. And yeah if Draymond had 1/2 of Ben’s talent and finishing ability, he’d avg an efficient 20 ppg right now.

KNOW1EDGE
06-20-2023, 08:59 PM
We should not have to debate whether or not a 26 year old Draymond Green was a useless player.

Like anyone else, he benefits from Steph/Klay...etc.

But there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't have gotten noticeably better adding an in prime Draymond Green.

Well said. I never really liked Draymond as a player coming out of college but as his career went on he showed that he was an extremely valuable piece of a championship team. In his prime, every team in the league would have loved a guy like that on their roster. He’s the perfect role player.

BarberSchool
06-21-2023, 03:05 AM
Pistons lol

bdonovan
06-21-2023, 06:25 AM

Except the Warriors don't need more individual offense. They have four stellar options in Curry, Thompson, Wiggins (who averaged 18 in the finals), and Jordan Poole. There is more to the game.

The Celtics averaged 112 pts/game during the season were held at under 100 points in 4 of those games in the finals- each one the Warriors won. How do you think they did that?