PDA

View Full Version : It’s about time for the Clippers to decide if they blow it up or continue this era.

Kblaze8855
06-19-2023, 11:26 PM
George and Leonard both have player options at the end of this coming season and considering they both make only(terrible to have to say “only” about this) 45 then 48 million(if they opt in) in a world deals are headed towards 60 a season why would they opt in and put off an extension till they get even older and sustain more injuries? They’re just young enough that a team trying to win now would pay them and hope to win before going broke paying cripples.

Leonard has been injured as their season ended 3 years in a row. And George has not even played a playoff game the last 2 times they made it.

If they get max extensions it would be matching deals starting in 2025 at 52, 57, 61, and 65 million. 65 million for 37ish PG and Leonard neither of whom has been healthy in the playoffs since they were 28 and 29.

So….

Why wouldn’t you be looking to trade one or both of them before you get halfway through the season and they inform you they’re opting out in summer and you have a week to work out a deadline deal teams know you’re desperate for before losing them for nothing?

Whatever the plan is somebody over there has to be talking about this right now, right? SGA and all those picks looking damn good over in Oklahoma right now.

They don’t come out top 3 first couple months you have to break it up don’t you?

highwhey
06-19-2023, 11:37 PM
blow that shit up already, send some role players to Phoenix.

seriously tho, they really think cp3, who's been injured every single playoffs series in Phoenix for the last 4 years, will help them over the hill? they already have 2 players that get injured every playoffs.

Kblaze8855
06-19-2023, 11:40 PM
blow that shit up already, send some role players to Phoenix.

seriously tho, they really think cp3, who's been injured every single playoffs series in Phoenix for the last 4 years, will help them over the hill? they already have 2 players that get injured every playoffs.

I know Phoenix and the rest of the league is just salivating over Norman Powell. That guy is nice as **** and he doesn’t even make $20 million until 2026.

highwhey
06-19-2023, 11:43 PM
I know Phoenix and the rest of the league is just salivating over Norman Powell. That guy is nice as **** and he doesn’t even make $20 million until 2026.

yes, yes he is

Kblaze8855
06-19-2023, 11:52 PM
You can put like half a pound of Zubac in my cart while we’re shopping too. And I might sample Reggie Jackson if it’s still fresh.

BallsOut
06-19-2023, 11:56 PM
You can put like half a pound of Zubac in my cart while we’re shopping too. And I might sample Reggie Jackson if it’s still fresh.

Reggie Jackson is on the Nuggets dawg

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 12:08 AM
Reggie Jackson is on the Nuggets dawg

What’s weird is that distinctly remember reading somebody talking about how he doesn’t play. He totally fall off or did he get hurt?

RRR3
06-20-2023, 12:25 AM
What’s weird is that distinctly remember reading somebody talking about how he doesn’t play. He totally fall off or did he get hurt?
Totally fell off.

Proctor
06-20-2023, 12:45 AM
Totally fell off.
Stop it.

Just like Duncan Robinson "fell off". You don't forget how to play just because you don't play. Unless you mean he fell off the rotation...then sure.

That said, I don't think he is a good fit with this Nuggets team and would be much better elsewhere.

RRR3
06-20-2023, 12:50 AM
Stop it.

Just like Duncan Robinson "fell off". You don't forget how to play just because you don't play. Unless you mean he fell off the rotation...then sure.

That said, I don't think he is a good fit with this Nuggets team and would be much better elsewhere.
He was in the Nuggets rotation, he was removed for being bad :hammerhead: Stats have been in big decline last two years

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 05:54 AM
Maxing Leonard or George at this point is proof of insanity. There is a difference between not caring about money and hating it. Leonard was obviously not worth paying the max at least one contract so and maybe two. I bet an insurance company wouldn't cover the deal either. You could trade for those guys right now to get our of undesirable salary with the hope that they opt out but you don't make the deal and make them your cornerstones if you have any kind of plan. At this point O do think someone will do it. I don't condone making fun of player injuries but the team that gives these guys full max extensions of deals deserves to be laughed at. The stupidity is excessive.

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 07:36 AM
Maxing Leonard or George at this point is proof of insanity. There is a difference between not caring about money and hating it. Leonard was obviously not worth paying the max at least one contract so and maybe two. I bet an insurance company wouldn't cover the deal either. You could trade for those guys right now to get our of undesirable salary with the hope that they opt out but you don't make the deal and make them your cornerstones if you have any kind of plan. At this point O do think someone will do it. I don't condone making fun of player injuries but the team that gives these guys full max extensions of deals deserves to be laughed at. The stupidity is excessive.

Here’s the thing….

If they aren’t gonna pay them shouldn’t they both get traded like…today?

You could get the number three pick and Simons for George and filler this morning I bet. Hornets probably won’t take Leonard for the second with him being free to leave but someone would give it a shot and try to win one of the next 2 before blowing it up. Hell I’d call the Raptors for round 2.

You can’t go past the deadline and not trade them….why lose this massive investment for nothing? And why wait past the draft?

This should be a “Breaking news” any moment but I feel like it won’t be.

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 07:42 AM
This is so….Clippers

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306201712540355.jpeg

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2023, 07:45 AM
He was in the Nuggets rotation, he was removed for being bad :hammerhead: Stats have been in big decline last two years

Youre such an idiot dude.

Imagine you as a coach.

After one month youd ship someone to China for how theyve declined.

You told us Robinson felloff, what happened to that?

Wardell Curry
06-20-2023, 08:07 AM
This is so….Clippers

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306201712540355.jpeg

How often do these trades where teams trade away all of their draft rights into the foreseeable future, for what is typically an aging star, actually work out?

And lol @ the idea of paying Kawhi 60 million a year. He doesn't play. This guy has to be less available than Kyrie.

r15mohd
06-20-2023, 08:28 AM
How often do these trades where teams trade away all of their draft rights into the foreseeable future, for what is typically an aging star, actually work out?

And lol @ the idea of paying Kawhi 60 million a year. He doesn't play. This guy has to be less available than Kyrie.

in this case, it really didnt hurt them with the trade being so 1-sided...PG has been the least of their issue IMO, he took that team to the WCF around a pretty solid team.

it was, and always will be Kawhi's absence that has held the Clippers from any further success. if I were Lawrence Frank, I am definitely shopping him - Zion rumors, Lavine, Jaylen brown, Dame. every one of these teams will consider Kawhi in a heartbeat and the Clipper org/fanbase wont feel any remorse for any of those in return

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 09:02 AM
in this case, it really didnt hurt them with the trade being so 1-sided...PG has been the least of their issue IMO, he took that team to the WCF around a pretty solid team.

it was, and always will be Kawhi's absence that has held the Clippers from any further success. if I were Lawrence Frank, I am definitely shopping him - Zion rumors, Lavine, Jaylen brown, Dame. every one of these teams will consider Kawhi in a heartbeat and the Clipper org/fanbase wont feel any remorse for any of those in return

That trade in retrospect has been in the running for the worst trade in NBA history. If you make George a 70+ game player that doesn't missed the playoffs and stack him up to SGA solo SGA is younger AllNBA first team 30 ppg guy and this more valuable. But on top of that George can't stay healthy and you have 4 first round picks and 3 pick swaps. What deal are we sure is worse than this?

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 09:05 AM
Here’s the thing….

You could get the number three pick and Simons for George and filler this morning I bet. Hornets probably won’t take Leonard for the second with him being free to leave but someone would give it a shot and try to win one of the next 2 before blowing it up. Hell I’d call the Raptors for round 2.

You can’t go past the deadline and not trade them….why lose this massive investment for nothing? And why wait past the draft?

All true but the Clippers clearly don't think about these two the way that I do. So they may well be set to give then both max extensions. The Clippers are the Clippers.

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 10:10 AM
Here’s the thing….

Simons/3 for George would be a massive steal for the Clippers imo. If that was on the table, they should do that immediately...they could still contend this year and have a much brighter future.

I doubt the Blazers would do that, but they might be desperate to appease Dame. I don't know...the KP/8 for the 3rd and salary seems much better for the Blazers....if that is still being talked about.

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 10:11 AM
That trade in retrospect has been in the running for the worst trade in NBA history. If you make George a 70+ game player that doesn't missed the playoffs and stack him up to SGA solo SGA is younger AllNBA first team 30 ppg guy and this more valuable. But on top of that George can't stay healthy and you have 4 first round picks and 3 pick swaps. What deal are we sure is worse than this?

Yes, but it is a bit unfair to look at it just for George...that was the only way to get Leonard.

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Yes, but it is a bit unfair to look at it just for George...that was the only way to get Leonard.

Sure but that just makes it worse. Kawhi Leonard has done nothing for the Clippers to counterbalance forcing them to make this awful deal. If I was Balmer I would get rid of both of them. The only thing worse than no hope is false hope.

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 10:19 AM
Sure but that just makes it worse. Kawhi Leonard has done nothing for the Clippers to counterbalance forcing them to make this awful deal. If I was Balmer I would get rid of both of them. The only thing worse than no hope is false hope.

Oh, well looking back now it was horrible if they don't win a title. I was talking at the time...hard to say it was dumb at the time to get Leonard/George...even for that package.

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 10:24 AM
Oh, well looking back now it was horrible if they don't win a title. I was talking at the time...hard to say it was dumb at the time to get Leonard/George...even for that package.

I acknowledge that this is about hindsight. If I was running the Clippers at the time I would have been willing to roll the dice on Leonard but I would not have been game for the George deal. Hard to say how I would have went with the possibility of a championship dangling in front of me.

But now after how the last three years have gone? If they opt out and I'm Balmer I'm thanking them for it. I would let every team in the NBA know that they are available to the highest bidder in a trade and see what some desperate borderline contender will give me. They might just get back everything they gave up if someone is desperate/stupid enough.

DMAVS41
06-20-2023, 10:34 AM
I acknowledge that this is about hindsight. If I was running the Clippers at the time I would have been willing to roll the dice on Leonard but I would not have been game for the George deal. Hard to say how I would have went with the possibility of a championship dangling in front of me.

But now after how the last three years have gone? If they opt out and I'm Balmer I'm thanking them for it. I would let every team in the NBA know that they are available to the highest bidder in a trade and see what some desperate borderline contender will give me. They might just get back everything they gave up if someone is desperate/stupid enough.

Yea, I understand that...but then you wouldn't have gotten Leonard. He was only coming if they got George as well.

And, I agree, if they aren't going to pay these guys when they are up...they need to trade them right now....or at least one of them. Like I said above, I don't think the Blazers would do all of that for George, but if they are desperate enough...the Clippers could take advantage.

r15mohd
06-20-2023, 10:42 AM

and yet, had Kawhi been available - they likely face the Bucks that year for the title

as bad as it is, the PG trade has not been the issue...that's my premise. this lies at the feet at Kawhi end to end

NBAGOAT
06-20-2023, 11:47 AM
You go down with the ship and keep George and kawhi til they decline. The difference is I think the clippers have to go for a 3rd star this offseason. With how injury prone your top 2 are you need a 3rd guy and the money being spent on Covington morris batum etc isn’t used very efficiently

Jasper
06-20-2023, 06:41 PM
I believe it has already been blown up ... that just have to get rid of Cripple , and George

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Ok then

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306210847380395.jpeg

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 11:19 PM
And the Blazers are in rumors for George using the third pick it seems. May just be wishful thinking because it’s the most obvious thing to do.

Axe
06-21-2023, 01:27 AM
No way this overrated team wins with ty lue as their head coach. Oh, and paul george is going to end up ringless as well.

NBAGOAT
06-21-2023, 01:30 AM
And the Blazers are in rumors for George using the third pick it seems. May just be wishful thinking because it’s the most obvious thing to do.

george to the kings is my spicy destination