PDA

View Full Version : Portland is preparing a “significant” offer for Bam.

Kblaze8855
06-20-2023, 01:15 PM
Dame wants to play with Bam and they wanna make it happen in Portland. Obviously would have to include #3 but I don’t know why Miami does it unless they’re rebuilding and I don’t believe Riley believes in such things.

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 01:29 PM
Miller looked good in college. If they really were just an 8th seed I would say do it... but the overachieving playoff run makes this a nonstarter. They could set themselves up nicely for the distant future if they did this move and then got someone to give them 10 firsts for Jimmy Butler who most likely has insane trade value right now.

But there is no way they do it with their approach.

r15mohd
06-20-2023, 01:30 PM
Dame wants to play with Bam and they wanna make it happen in Portland. Obviously would have to include #3 but I don’t know why Miami does it unless they’re rebuilding and I don’t believe MlRiley believes in such things.

yes, and I dont think Portland has much to offer in terms of players to add to the picks scenario. pipe dream at best.

if Dame wants Bam, he'll need to become a Miami Heat

FultzNationRISE
06-20-2023, 01:50 PM
This would be a terrible idea for Portland.

Dame and Bam with nothing around them is not going anywhere in the West.

And Miami has a window open right now, it makes no sense for them either.

KNOW1EDGE
06-20-2023, 04:46 PM
Why would Miami want to trade Bam?

Maybe for Jokic or Embiid. Not for the #3 pick

GrayGoat
06-20-2023, 05:18 PM
This would be a terrible idea for Portland.

Dame and Bam with nothing around them is not going anywhere in the West.

And Miami has a window open right now, it makes no sense for them either.

What window?

Axe
06-20-2023, 05:24 PM
In other words, lillard about to continue rotting in portland. :oldlol: :facepalm

FultzNationRISE
06-20-2023, 05:25 PM
What window?

The one they just went through to the Finals? :confusedshrug:

They can bring most of the relevant guys back. And they have assets for trades.

Unless Bron ends up back in the East somehow I dont see why they wouldnt continue to be seen as contenders.

Jasper
06-20-2023, 06:36 PM
Miller looked good in college. If they really were just an 8th seed I would say do it... but the overachieving playoff run makes this a nonstarter. They could set themselves up nicely for the distant future if they did this move and then got someone to give them 10 guests for Jimmy Butler who most likely has insane trade value right now.

But there is no way they do it with their approach.

butler did not lead Miami in the finals ... Bam did.

If there was a legit 2nd option in Miami , butler would be third option.

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 07:09 PM

Butler was fat and away their mvp the first two rounds and had some good performances vs Boston. Bam? I don't feel a need to argue about this.

plowking
06-20-2023, 08:10 PM

Bam did okay on a visual level, but there is so much missing to his game.

Bam is a 3rd option. Bam is Draymond with more susceptibility to playing extremely poor and not impacting the game.

Bad trade/option for both teams. Dame going to Miami would be great.

Im so nba'd out
06-20-2023, 08:22 PM
Bam is awful as a scorer / decision making play making as a roller in a pick & roll. Why the hell would Dane want this…..some of these dudes are clueless. You played with him in the Olympics, how do you not notice this…..

This would be one of the worse centers you could possibly match with him. Does he not remember how bad he played he played in the Olympics with him? The injury was just part of the problem

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2023, 09:02 PM
On paper Adebayo and Lillaird compliment each other decently. Adebayo has a little range he can finish and he can rebound. I can't see him as a star on a championship team if he and Lillaird are friends Lillaird is the type of guy that will try and win with his friends. He's always tried to beat the odds and personally I respect that about him the league needs guys that are willing to take on challenges even when victory is unrealistic.

HylianNightmare
06-20-2023, 09:25 PM
Horrible for Portland

tpols
06-20-2023, 09:28 PM
The one they just went through to the Finals? :confusedshrug:

They can bring most of the relevant guys back. And they have assets for trades.

Unless Bron ends up back in the East somehow I dont see why they wouldnt continue to be seen as contenders.

Miamis not running through the Bucks, sixers or Celtics next year. If we're being honest they were saved by their role players especially vs the Celtics in miracluous fashion. And west teams will wipe them anyway.

#FreeBam

John8204
06-20-2023, 09:58 PM

Butler led the team in points in 18 games...Bam was solid but he was never the best player for the Heat in any series...Martin, Butler, and Vincent were.

SATAN
06-20-2023, 11:26 PM
Dame wants to play with Bam and they wanna make it happen in Portland.

Yeah that should get it done :oldlol:

It's almost like Dame doesn't want to win a championship or something.

Clifton
06-21-2023, 11:06 AM
Miami needs to wait for Charlotte's pick to become official, but if it's really Miller, this might be a shrewd move on Miami's part.

Bam is overrated right now. He's very good, and perfect for the Heat. But Riley has to know that Bam is a Draymond, not a Duncan. He's a #3 and defensive anchor.

If Miami can land a superstar for Bam, I think they need to do it. They're good at finding guys like Bam, but they've not been landing superstars lately. I don't think their cap situation looks too great, and isn't their draft capital compromised? This summer might be the time to make a move.

Meanwhile, I think Portland will be surprised how much of Bam's impact is team-dependent. If you have 0 other guys playing defense, and an unsophisticated offense, Bam just becomes a versatile big with B-minus scoring. He can do a cute 2-man game with Dame, but so could a lot of guys. They still won't make the second round.

This isn't going to happen though. The Scoot-Zion swap is what needs to happen. Either Portland or Charlotte, either one. Let's do it.

WhiteKyrie
06-22-2023, 12:34 PM
On paper Adebayo and Lillaird compliment each other decently. Adebayo has a little range he can finish and he can rebound. I can't see him as a star on a championship team if he and Lillaird are friends Lillaird is the type of guy that will try and win with his friends. He's always tried to beat the odds and personally I respect that about him the league needs guys that are willing to take on challenges even when victory is unrealistic.

Yea, that's called being an actual competitor. And it's been gone beyond a select few guys for a really long time. The cowardly ass summer of 2010 changed all of that, TBH

Axe
06-22-2023, 12:38 PM
Butler led the team in points in 18 games...Bam was solid but he was never the best player for the Heat in any series...Martin, Butler, and Vincent were.
He's not better than ad too.