PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute.. Phoenix still has Ayton?... I smell a title

3ba11
06-20-2023, 10:27 PM
I assumed that Ayton was in the Beal deal

If they play their cards right, it's title time in the land of the Sun

highwhey
06-20-2023, 10:51 PM
correct. they can sign their current role players as wells a the vet min. and a free agent up to $5m. they just need a power forward and point guard, resign the rest.

jae crowder confirmed that monty williams hated him and ayton, and tried trading them. no shit ayton was going to regress. this the dude that jokic said is the only to give him trouble defensively.

wouldn't mind dillon brooks.

JohnMax
06-20-2023, 11:03 PM
https://fadeawayworld.net/nba/10-oldest-nba-players-to-win-the-finals-mvp-award

Durant is simply not good enough to be on this list

FultzNationRISE
06-20-2023, 11:09 PM
Ayton and KD are pvssycats, and Beal plays the same game as Booker but worse. They have no depth behind any of this.

They have no playmakers, theyre a take-turns offense, theyll get run out of the gym in the playoffs by teams like Denver that actually have offensive harmony.

Unless Ayton really proves to be a different guy with Monty gone, but even then I dont think that’s enough without any depth. In fact I think you feature him early on to raise his trade value and then flip him for more role players. They need some Bobby Portises, Malik Monks, Grant Williamses.

White Hammer
06-20-2023, 11:11 PM
I'm still not convinced this team has a superior brand of ball. Too many scorers and none of them can defeat maximum defensive attention. If Beal was more of a Pippen-type it might work better.

highwhey
06-20-2023, 11:24 PM
peoples take on booker and durant is funny. they took the nuggets to 6 games, on track for 7 games when cp3 went down with an injury in that game. a coach that was fighting with its starting center, no bench...like not even one role player showed up besides shamet for one game.

let me know which other team took away 2 games from them while being injured and having no depth. book and durant played 9 games together prior to the playoffs. :oldlol:

AirBonner
06-20-2023, 11:47 PM
I thought op knew ball? Ayton gets sonned by centers such as Dwight Powell

3ba11
06-21-2023, 02:33 AM
correct. they can sign their current role players as wells a the vet min. and a free agent up to $5m. they just need a power forward and point guard, resign the rest.

jae crowder confirmed that monty williams hated him and ayton, and tried trading them. no shit ayton was going to regress. this the dude that jokic said is the only to give him trouble defensively.

wouldn't mind dillon brooks.

They don't need a point guard. That's the one thing they don't need.. They actually have 3 guys that are each perfect in spot-duty PG roles while the other 2 guys are off-ball

nayte
06-21-2023, 06:54 AM
If they don't win it will be blah blah Jordan blah maximum defence attention or something like that

Wally450
06-21-2023, 09:30 AM
If they don't win it will be blah blah Jordan blah maximum defence attention or something like that

Bingo.

Hey Yo
06-21-2023, 10:23 AM
Longley >>>>>>> Ayton and it's not even close.

3ba11
06-21-2023, 11:31 AM

They have no playmakers

Why do people say this?

They have 3 guys that can get 5-7 assists - they literally have THE MOST PLAY MAKING IN THE LEAGUE - show me a team with 3 dynamic creators that can average 30 and 7 apg while the ball moves (jumpshooters) - no team is more dynamic

Btw.... depth = chemistry.... Role players can only look good with good chemistry - teams with bad chemistry will have underperforming role players - Grant Williams looks great on the Celtics because they've developed great chemistry but he would look bad on a different team where the chemistry was poor.. The Suns will have the best chemistry because Booker/KD were a hit together (they took Denver 6 in their 1st season together) and now they're adding another all-time shooter that will easily fit in.

I've actually never seen a team with a better combination of jumpshooters and play-making talent on the same team - the Suns have ample jumpshooting to run Warriors-style ball movement or ample playmaking to spam high screen rolls with 3 different creators that all average 5-7 apg - no other team is anywhere near this level of offensive talent or strategic capacity

The way to f*CK this up is to add a 4th ball-handler' that lowers the hold-time of the Big 3.

Btw, this idea that teams need a ball-dominator to get everyone involved is a shallow understanding of the game - the only 3-peats in three-pointer history had no PG and just moved the ball.. The Warriors had no true PG.. The Spurs taught Parker to have low hold-time and move the ball... So the the traditional PG has never yielded the top team ceilings or Finals records

3ba11
06-21-2023, 12:39 PM
Basically, the Sun's have 3 Jamal Murray's, so the idea that they need a PG is absurd

And all the dynasties lacked a traditional or ball-dominant PG like Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Warriors, while the Nuggets just won with Murray

This idea that a ball-dominant PG is necessary to "get everyone involved" is false and a shallow understanding of the game.. the best teams move the ball, which is what the Sun's have the best capacity to do