PDA

View Full Version : Middleton declined his 40 million player option and is now a free agent.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 05:52 AM
He’s 31 and started 19 games last season. I’m pretty sure he’s the same guy when healthy though. I don’t imagine they let him get outta there.

90sgoat
06-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Would be good for Mavs, but not at a max multi-year deal.

highwhey
06-22-2023, 11:54 AM
40 million for middleton makes the beal contract a bit more palatable, both are highly overpaid but the market is what it is.

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 12:00 PM
Would be good for Mavs, but not at a max multi-year deal.

Agreed, I think he could be a good fit there but theyd really have to hedge on the contract given Middleton’s recent injury history. Also Im not sure if they have anything to give that Milwaukee would want. If you could keep Kleber and still bring on Middleton tho youd have a nice little core. Albeit not enough to get outta the first round most likely, without somehow adding more around it.

hold this L
06-22-2023, 02:17 PM
Nobody is paying him 40m, not sure what he's thinking or whose advising him. It's going to be tougher for players that aren't the ebst in the world to get easy top deals

Real Men Wear Green
06-22-2023, 02:44 PM
Nobody is paying him 40m, not sure what he's thinking or whose advising him. It's going to be tougher for players that aren't the ebst in the world to get easy top deals

That's only one year's pay, he's trying to secure a big contract for years. Also the way contracts are going up if the Bucks believe he will return to being the player he was before he got hurt that could definitely end up being an average year on his next deal.

Dbrog
06-22-2023, 02:57 PM
That's ballsy...especially with him coming off injury (he's always injured). Does he really think someone is going to give him one last long lucrative contract? Maybe I'm the idiot though and he will have bidders...seems like something the Hawks or someone like them would do. Blazers maybe since they are trying to appease Lillard