PDA

View Full Version : Trae aside the whole Hawks roster is for sale.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 11:54 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306222123020346.jpeg

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 11:56 AM
At 20 and 22 million Capela is probably getting them a lot of calls.

highwhey
06-22-2023, 11:59 AM
dountay and collins or capella would be a decent trade for ayton. seems like suns are fielding calls for ayton and it's mainly calls from orlando and atlanta.

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 12:06 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306222123020346.jpeg

Yeah that Hawks roster is loaded with physical talent but just not much there as far as basketball instincts.

Xiao Yao You
06-22-2023, 12:18 PM
Jazz like Collins

bladefd
06-22-2023, 12:21 PM
dountay and collins or capella would be a decent trade for ayton. seems like suns are fielding calls for ayton and it's mainly calls from orlando and atlanta.

Ayton & first-round pick for dejounte & capella would be a solid trade for suns

highwhey
06-22-2023, 12:24 PM

it would be great bc it fills the PG void and Center as well. with the big 3, you don't need a whole lot of scoring from your center, just some lobs. you need rebounding and defense from him more than anything else. plus murray is a good defender, he can help out beal's defensive woes.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 12:47 PM

Solid? It would be an absolute rip off.

Patrick Chewing
06-22-2023, 01:17 PM
I'd like Murray on the Knicks.

tpols
06-22-2023, 01:22 PM
Solid? It would be an absolute rip off.

I dont know which way youre saying its a rip off but I hope not the sun's way. Ayton is a way younger and better talent than Capela, and Murray does nothing for the sun's with their loaded perimeter talent. Sun's would be dumb to do that.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 01:30 PM
The Suns don’t care about anything but the next 3 years and Murray is an all d team all around type who has proven he can make plays and makes 17 million. They shoot for a ring this year then can let him go or sign and trade him. Ayton is barely any more use than Capela on a team with that much offense. They need Capela getting 19 rebounds and keeping a few people out of the paint along with a point who can play the whole game more than Ayton.

DMAVS41
06-22-2023, 01:38 PM
Hunter would be good on a lot of teams.

DMAVS41
06-22-2023, 01:45 PM
The Suns don’t care about anything but the next 3 years and Murray is an all d team all around type who has proven he can make plays and makes 17 million. They shoot for a ring this year then can let him go or sign and trade him. Ayton is barely any more use than Capela on a team with that much offense. They need Capela getting 19 rebounds and keeping a few people out of the paint along with a point who can play the whole game more than Ayton.

Yea.

I'd do Capela/Hunter or Capela/Murray, if the math works for the trades, for Ayton if I was the Hawks as well. Save some money and get a 24 year old player in Ayton that has a lot of potential...but I like Ayton a lot more than most.

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 01:46 PM
Hunter would be good on a lot of teams.

Maybe.

By physical measurables he’s basically the exact player you would draw up on paper if you could. I was expecting him to break out more the last couple years. Seems like he just doesnt have much skill tho.

DMAVS41
06-22-2023, 01:51 PM
Maybe.

By physical measurables he’s basically the exact player you would draw up on paper if you could. I was expecting him to break out more the last couple years. Seems like he just doesnt have much skill tho.

Yea, it will be interesting to see his value. His new contract kicks in and he's struggled to stay healthy as well. I wonder how the Hawks view him at 22 million a year or whatever...he seems like a player that would excel on really good teams...but not have a ton of value to a team like the Hawks.

Capela/Hunter make 41 million next year. I'd imagine the Hawks would rather have Ayton at 32 million, but I honestly don't know...I'm a bit biased on Ayton...I think he's considerably better than people say on here and in the media.

tpols
06-22-2023, 01:53 PM

Capela averaged 11 rpg last year and Ayton averaged 10. Ayton had a better DRTG too. There's not a big difference between them on defense or the boards. What did Capela do for Atlanta on the boards this year in the playoffs vs the Celtics? Nothing. The suns would be fools to trade him for capela.

Murray makes it more interesting but then is Beal the bench guy? Or is he starting at small forward? I don't know if he's ready to take that hit. He didn't come to Pheonix to play off the bench.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 01:55 PM
I’d imagine it would be Murray, Booker, Beal, KD, Capela. How many teams have 2 real bigs these days? That would at least be the end of game lineup.

DMAVS41
06-22-2023, 01:59 PM
Capela averaged 11 rpg last year and Ayton averaged 10. Ayton had a better DRTG too. There's not a big difference between them on defense or the boards. What did Capela do for Atlanta on the boards this year in the playoffs vs the Celtics? Nothing. The suns would be fools to trade him for capela.

Murray makes it more interesting but then is Beal the bench guy? Or is he starting at small forward? I don't know if he's ready to take that hit. He didn't come to Pheonix to play off the bench.

You'd just start your 5 best players because they are going to be on the court for like 40 minutes each in the playoffs anyway...and would definitely end that way.

Pretty dirty lineup for the Suns...I think I'd prefer Hunter over Murray though.

tpols
06-22-2023, 02:01 PM
I’d imagine it would be Murray, Booker, Beal, KD, Capela. How many teams have 2 real bigs these days? That would at least be the end of game lineup.

Two huge holes in your spacing though. Murray and Capela both can't shoot and can be sagged off on.

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 02:05 PM
Yea, it will be interesting to see his value. His new contract kicks in and he's struggled to stay healthy as well. I wonder how the Hawks view him at 22 million a year or whatever...he seems like a player that would excel on really good teams...but not have a ton of value to a team like the Hawks.

Capela/Hunter make 41 million next year. I'd imagine the Hawks would rather have Ayton at 32 million, but I honestly don't know...I'm a bit biased on Ayton...I think he's considerably better than people say on here and in the media.

I was high on Ayton until he basically seemed to quit over the Monty beef. It’s hard to imagine what was so egregious to cause that, I dont remember Monty ever putting him on blast publicly like Doc did to Simmons. To me it wasnt a very good look for Ayton.

If he’s certain to be mentally engaged I think he can be pretty valuable. Id be hesitant to make that bet tho.

DMAVS41
06-22-2023, 02:08 PM
I was high on Ayton until he basically seemed to quit over the Monty beef. It’s hard to imagine what was so egregious to cause that, I dont remember Monty ever putting him on blast publicly like Doc did to Simmons. To me it wasnt a very good look for Ayton.

If he’s certain to be mentally engaged I think he can be pretty valuable. Id be hesitant to make that bet tho.

For sure.

Any move would be a risk. It would depend on what the team trading for him is willing to risk and where they are in terms of contending.

The Hawks, imo, should be willing to take the risk as they don't have a lot to lose.

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 02:18 PM
For sure.

Any move would be a risk. It would depend on what the team trading for him is willing to risk and where they are in terms of contending.

The Hawks, imo, should be willing to take the risk as they don't have a lot to lose.

Yeah I wouldnt mind Ayton on the Hawks. And I could see it making sense for the Suns to get back depth.

highwhey
06-22-2023, 03:22 PM
Correct. KD plays PF essentially, he was blocking the shit out of people last season as a 4.

highwhey
06-22-2023, 03:24 PM

Murray makes it more interesting but then is Beal the bench guy? Or is he starting at small forward? I don't know if he's ready to take that hit. He didn't come to Pheonix to play off the bench.yeah…don’t get caught on stats with Ayton. He puts up some empty stat lines…at least last season he did.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Two huge holes in your spacing though. Murray and Capela both can't shoot and can be sagged off on.

You don’t need 5 shooters to have “spacing”. And Murray isn’t a “Don’t guard him” shooter. He shot 34% on 5 attempts and 38% on 7 attempts in the playoffs. That’s just…not notable. Not a “Ignore him” guy.

highwhey
06-22-2023, 03:36 PM
You don’t need 5 shooters to have “spacing”. And Murray isn’t a “Don’t guard him” shooter. He shot 34% on 5 attempts and 38% on 7 attempts in the playoffs. That’s just…not notable. Not a “Ignore him” guy.

bet those numbers have room for improvement playing next to 3 elite perimeter players

sounds like vogel likes ayton, so he probably won't be traded tho :(

tpols
06-22-2023, 03:53 PM
bet those numbers have room for improvement playing next to 3 elite perimeter players

sounds like vogel likes ayton, so he probably won't be traded tho :(

Didn't even know you guys got Frank "White" Vogel. That guy turned Roy Hibbert into a multiple time All Star.

And has squeezed max juice out of every team he's been on especially defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned Ayton into a star. Guy is only 24 years old and a lotto talent.

highwhey
06-22-2023, 03:56 PM
Didn't even know you guys got Frank "White" Vogel. That guy turned Roy Hibbert into a multiple time All Star.

And has squeezed max juice out of every team he's been on especially defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned Ayton into a star. Guy is only 24 years old and a lotto talent.

he has all the talent in the world, just doesn't have the instincts to match that talent. he puts up 18/10 sleepwalking.

Xiao Yao You
06-22-2023, 04:18 PM
I'd take Capela any day over Ayton. You know what you will get night to night anyway.

plowking
06-22-2023, 06:33 PM
Is Denver going to be active at all? Sure up the team a bit?

I think Collins would be perfect for them. Protects the rim a bit, rebounds, moves well off the ball and can shoot.

highwhey
06-22-2023, 06:43 PM

I think Collins would be perfect for them. Protects the rim a bit, rebounds, moves well off the ball and can shoot.

nah hell naw, they're already deep af. people act like MPJ wouldn't have been a higher pick if he didn't have serious injury concerns, he was projected 20/10 player and probably could average given more minutes. aaron gordon was pretty good before he got there, definitely not a simple role player. murray is good as heell too. they have a deep ass bench, all of them can hit 3s.

ShawkFactory
06-22-2023, 06:59 PM
Kind of odd to be in this position just 4 years into having your franchise guy. I guess better this than relative mediocrity over the next few.

At least take a shot.

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 08:32 PM

He’d be a great fit but I doubt they have the ammo to get him without breaking up their core, which is not advisable.