PDA

View Full Version : Holdup Boston also gave up #35 pick and Galinari in the trade

BallsOut
06-22-2023, 02:59 PM
So essentially Boston gave up Smart, Galinari, #35 to get KP, #25 and future Gsw first round pick. If we say 25-35 is about the same, the trade is essentially

Smart and Galinari for KP+Late 1st round pick which is closer in value than ppl going around thinking Celtics completed Highway robbery or anything.

:lebronamazed:

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 03:06 PM
Yeah altho the GS pick is only top 4 protected, so if GS has a down season due to injury or something, Boston could find themselves with something like the 5th, 6th, 7th pick of the draft next year.

Not likely but not impossible. I think that was a pretty good pick to get. Otherwise I agree, it was objectively a good trade for Boston but losing Smart is definitely not nothing.

BallsOut
06-22-2023, 04:49 PM
Yeah altho the GS pick is only top 4 protected, so if GS has a down season due to injury or something, Boston could find themselves with something like the 5th, 6th, 7th pick of the draft next year.

Not likely but not impossible. I think that was a pretty good pick to get. Otherwise I agree, it was objectively a good trade for Boston but losing Smart is definitely not nothing.

True