PDA

View Full Version : Why was Beals value so low?

AirBonner
06-22-2023, 03:53 PM
Let this sink in Marcus Smart fetched basically Porzingis and 2 first round picks :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 03:57 PM
Bc hes just way overpaid for what he does.

I dont care about the changing salary cap, theres a 10% limit to how much it can go up year to year.

Teams arent giving away the farm so they can pay a third, arguably fourth tier star a quarter of a billion dollars.

RRR3
06-22-2023, 04:34 PM
It wasn't, it turns out the Wizards got 4 firsts for him, check Shams latest tweets.

tontoz
06-22-2023, 04:41 PM
It wasn't, it turns out the Wizards got 4 firsts for him, check Shams latest tweets.

Getting pick swaps isn't the same thing as getting first rounders outright. Trade looks better now though.

RRR3
06-22-2023, 04:43 PM
Getting pick swaps isn't the same thing as getting first rounders outright. Trade looks better now though.
Well still a big improvement for you guys.

DMAVS41
06-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Any player that isn't all-time great on a contract like Beal's is not going to have a ton of value as they are either properly paid...or overpaid in this case as Beal was.

However though...I think everyone is under-rating the package.

For Beal, the Wizards ultimately got...Warriors 2030 first rounder, Jordan Poole, Landry Shamet, 6 2nd rounders, 4 pick swaps from Suns, and some long term salary relief.

Was it a ton? No, absolutely not...was it nothing? No, of course not...I also think Poole will have some value in a couple years as his contract will look much better.

End of the day...people that were claiming the Beal contract was a disaster and would be suicide for the Wizards...were dead wrong...people like Warriorfan...he and his ilk won't admit it, but they were dead ass wrong...the Wizards got a nice little package ultimately and really gives Wizards fans that wanted a rebuild/tank everything they wanted.