PDA

View Full Version : When I suffer, when I have doubts I often wonder what Kobe would have done-Wembanyama

BallsOut
06-23-2023, 08:04 PM
I think about him almost every day since his death,” Wembanyama said, as translated by Eurohoops. “His disappearance shocked me. I admire his spirit, work ethic, and game philosophy. … Following his example every day, I try to push my limits. When I suffer, when I have doubts, I often wonder what Kobe would have done. And I know I would have done more.

Real recognize real. Another basketball player who grew up idolizing Kobe :applause:

Source: https://lakersdaily.com/victor-wembanyama-says-hes-an-absolute-fan-of-kobe-bryant-i-think-about-him-almost-every-day-since-his-death/amp/?_gl=1*rvbsx1*_ga*YW1wLWlwN3hhcXhuNGRSZVJMS2pYcWo1 Z1EyYzZiRzd1bjBDM1ZIdll5MWF3QmcwQnhQQkRBbVptOUo3NT REVno1VkE./

highwhey
06-23-2023, 08:23 PM
all good, coach pop will straighten wemby out. shouldn't be idolizing an inefficient chucker.

StrongLurk
06-23-2023, 08:39 PM
Bro this shit young players are pulling with the fake Kobe love is so damn cringe.

They don't know anything about Kobe and are just trying to be "cool".

BallsOut
06-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Bro this shit young players are pulling with the fake Kobe love is so damn cringe.

You can’t handle the truth. Imagine being an old ass man and living in denial

ArbitraryWater
06-23-2023, 09:51 PM
You can’t handle the truth. Imagine being an old ass man and living in denial

dude this guy was born in 2004 lol.

Kobe was effectively retired by the time he was 9 and when he won his last chip he was 6.

SATAN
06-23-2023, 10:25 PM

So glad I'm not the only one seeing it. Was actually about to make a thread discussing it.

Dude thinks of Kobe Bryant almost everyday...Give me a ****in' break.

This is total poser and cultist behavior. Dude's are acting like he was Jesus Christ n shit. Looking to him to get them through challenges. :oldlol:

The legendary Kobe Bryant is now...a TREND. Imagine that. :facepalm

Some of these older guys are just as bad also. Absolutely cringe worthy. :facepalm

He was just as hated as liked when he played.

theman93
06-23-2023, 11:07 PM

Kobe was effectively retired by the time he was 9 and when he won his last chip he was 6.

You don't remember watching your sports idols at 5, 6, 7, 8? I certainly do. Pretty vividly too

ArbitraryWater
06-23-2023, 11:16 PM
You don't remember watching your sports idols at 5, 6, 7, 8? I certainly do. Pretty vividly too

hell no i dont :oldlol:

7-8 maybe a little but but i had no idea what was really going on

ArbitraryWater
06-23-2023, 11:17 PM
So glad I'm not the only one seeing it. Was actually about to make a thread discussing it.

This is total poser and cultist behavior. Dude's are acting like he was Jesus Christ n shit. Looking to him to get them through challenges. :oldlol:

Some of these older guys are just as bad also. Absolutely cringe worthy. :facepalm

Youve gotten insanely cringe over time

SATAN
06-23-2023, 11:32 PM
Youve gotten insanely cringe over time

I know you feel like arguing with me today for some reason but where was I wrong? lol

1987_Lakers
06-23-2023, 11:37 PM

Kind of wild to think Kobe won his last chip when Wembanyama was only 6, I was a year out of high school when he won his last title which is Wembanyama's current age.

No way this dude was old enough to see and fully take in prime Kobe. :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
06-23-2023, 11:41 PM

This is actually pretty accurate for every kid, I remember seeing Reggie Miller play as a kid and saw all the media hype he got, he was also my older cousins favorite player, the way people talked of him made my little mind think he was a top 10 GOAT or something, come to find out years later he wasn't close to that level.

BallsOut
06-24-2023, 11:52 AM

Grown ass man having a meltdown because he can’t accept what another basketball player says.

LeGoat4Life
06-24-2023, 02:19 PM
The mamba mentality

The Lebron mental when suffering and in doubt? Join a superteam and become the beta

LeGoat4Life
06-24-2023, 02:20 PM
This is actually pretty accurate for every kid, I remember seeing Reggie Miller play as a kid and saw all the media hype he got, he was also my older cousins favorite player, the way people talked of him made my little mind think he was a top 10 GOAT or something, come to find out years later he wasn't close to that level.

Sound like Lebron career in a nutshell. Media hype

meat
06-24-2023, 03:58 PM
Gay recognize gay.

Wardell Curry
06-24-2023, 04:12 PM

Don't expect anyone to be honest about this. People on here were allegedly basketball analysts at 5 years old. It's been said before. It is what it is.

BallsOut
06-24-2023, 04:23 PM
The mamba mentality

The Lebron mental when suffering and in doubt? Join a superteam and become the beta

:lebronamazed:

tpols
06-24-2023, 04:43 PM
If he's thinking about Kobe everyday the kid may end up being truly great. Most guys his age are on some zion shit chasing tail non stop. A Kobe work ethic in a 7'5 frame is dangerous.

BallsOut
06-24-2023, 09:47 PM
Gay recognize gay.

I would hope Rudy Gay would recognize himself

Soundwave
06-24-2023, 11:00 PM
You don't have to like Kobe Bryant even to acknowledge he was an insanely driven person with an unbelievable work ethic.

There are far worse players to model after the work ethic aspect. If Wembanyama has even 65% of Kobe's drive and work ethic he is going to be a great, great player.

Say what you want, but this dude going hard AF in a nothing All-Star game against LeBron and blocking his shot in his face twice is an attitude that should be admired. How many players really would turn it up like that? I don't watch the NBA to see players who just kinda, sorta wanna play hard or kinda, sorta want to be their best.

In a league that has players like Simmons and Zion who are insanely talented but just don't give a crap about being the best they can be, Wemby looking up to Kobe in this respect is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.