PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to merge the NBA and WNBA forums?

FultzNationRISE
06-26-2023, 11:07 AM
Women’s sports are getting a near equal share of time on platforms like ESPN at this point. And it’s obviously not demand driven, but more… supply driven. A lot of jobs could be replaced by automation in the coming years and people are gonna need LOTS of stuff to watch. Lots and lots of sports. Not to mention lots of inspiration for young people to pursue competitive sports as a way to spend their idle time, in exchange for their rations, to give them purpose and something to do.

So we might as well prepare to just discuss both leagues interchangeably and with the same degree of interest. Because thats what sports leagues and media are headed for anyway, no?

Im not saying it’s a good or bad thing, just the way it is. Im personally more particular about what Im willing to watch, but I know not everyone is. If rrr3 and rwmg and peroantic are told by some central mainstream authority to go all in on the WNBA, theyll do it. Theyre gonna talk equally about the WNBA as soon as it is considered a mainstream social expectation to do so. Again, Im not judging, thats just the way society is. People do these things. You know it and I know it. And it’s clear the people in charge have every intention of making women’s basketball, soccer, and softball etc every bit as part of mainstream culture as mens athletics. And in time it will happen.

Should ISH begin the adaptation process now?

FKAri
06-26-2023, 11:32 AM
Imagine still watching other people play basketball in 2023. They run up and down the floor and throw a ball at a ring in the air. Surely at some point the novelty has to wear off, right? It's the same thing every year with little variance. And they have the audacity to ask us to pay THEM money so we can sit around and watch them running in circles for a couple hours. And this racket has been going on for decades? lmao.

warriorfan
06-26-2023, 11:36 AM
They should get hotter players and wear less clothes

HylianNightmare
06-26-2023, 12:34 PM
If wnba let em wear like sports bras and boots shorts I'd watch

1/3 of the way through the season update

brittney griner is back and made the all star team

jewell loyd is on pace to break the single season ppg record

aliyah boston the #1 pick in the draft is off to a strong start

las vegas is the defending champs/best team/super team

seems like only connecticut or new york could beat them

breanna stewart and a'ja wilson still something like 1a/1b best players in the league

Full Court
06-26-2023, 01:02 PM
I'll take it a step further. It's time to merge the NBA and WNBA.

FultzNationRISE
06-26-2023, 01:17 PM

breanna stewart and a'ja wilson still something like 1a/1b best players in the league

This is some great information, but lets not confine it to one post. All of these topics are worthy of their own thread on the main board.

White Hammer
06-26-2023, 02:30 PM

Did you make that up or is this legit? Every one of those sentences including the names could be complete BS and I wouldn't even know :oldlol:

https://i.ibb.co/Ctbt2wP/Fze-2gia-MAAdq-XF.png