PDA

View Full Version : Wembanyama first shots with the Spurs and people already criticizing...

Nb1
06-26-2023, 05:05 PM
It's crazy how you can't even miss a few shots and people are already all over you. Let the guy at least play 20-30 games before criticizing him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4UCunIl9Q

Axe
06-26-2023, 05:12 PM
All of the hype about him will be a major backfire in case something happens to him in the upcoming season.

White Hammer
06-26-2023, 05:44 PM
Look at those fatties in the stands... never change San Antonio :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
06-26-2023, 05:54 PM
I hope he doesn't fall in love with the jump shot. He could be a terror as a rolling, cutting, sealing, and putback threat. A bigger AD.

highwhey
06-26-2023, 06:14 PM
Look at those fatties in the stands... never change San Antonio :oldlol:

i think i see patrickchewing in those stands

Nb1
06-27-2023, 06:24 AM
I hope he doesn't fall in love with the jump shot. He could be a terror as a rolling, cutting, sealing, and putback threat. A bigger AD.

It's a good thing he's getting coached by Pop and has the others around. Pop will figure out the best way to use him and let him develop the right way imo.

Im Still Ballin
06-27-2023, 08:26 AM
It's a good thing he's getting coached by Pop and has the others around. Pop will figure out the best way to use him and let him develop the right way imo.

Facts.

I do think AD should be the blueprint. He put up roughly 26 ppg on 63% TS without a good jump shot or much of any on-ball scoring ability. Most of his scoring volume and efficiency came from his tremendous off-ball game. And those numbers sell him short: he was doing like 30+ PPG on 65% TS before and after getting injured.

There's just so much opportunity with all of this spacing and modern rules.

A bigger and better Bubble AD x Giannis hybrid. That's the dream projection. A guy who can shoot around 50% on mid-ranges and 37-40% from three on limited/lower volume and high-quality shot selection. Who still focuses on the paint and defense.

90sgoat
06-27-2023, 08:36 AM
It's just funny because people have literally hyped Wemby as the second coming of Kareem or something, but in reality, he has not proven anything close to deserving it.

He has dominated a french league that has 2 teams in Euroleague, the rest of the teams consist of washouts from the american college systems and local youth.

Wembanya averaged 6.5 points in the Euroleague, the year before this. There's a reason he didn't play for Monaco or went to a different team, because he wouldn't be starting.

I have compared Wemby to Porzingis, but Porzingis was smoother and much more skilled as a shooter at the same age.

Luka was in a different class to Wemby, Luka at 19 was the type of player that Wemby was ducking this season.

Facts: Wemby might become a star or superstar, but there's also a good chance he turns into Brandon Ingram or Porzingis or even a bust.

He's not in the NBA based on his other worldly skill, but because of his height and coordination.

Full Court
06-27-2023, 03:44 PM
It's just funny because people have literally hyped Wemby as the second coming of Kareem or something, but in reality, he has not proven anything close to deserving it.

He has dominated a french league that has 2 teams in Euroleague, the rest of the teams consist of washouts from the american college systems and local youth.

Wembanya averaged 6.5 points in the Euroleague, the year before this. There's a reason he didn't play for Monaco or went to a different team, because he wouldn't be starting.

I have compared Wemby to Porzingis, but Porzingis was smoother and much more skilled as a shooter at the same age.

Luka was in a different class to Wemby, Luka at 19 was the type of player that Wemby was ducking this season.

Facts: Wemby might become a star or superstar, but there's also a good chance he turns into Brandon Ingram or Porzingis or even a bust.

He's not in the NBA based on his other worldly skill, but because of his height and coordination.

He hasn't even played his first NBA season yet. He could be a bust, he could be the GOAT, or anything in between.

Let's just give the guy a chance and see what he's got.

meat
06-27-2023, 04:08 PM

So he might be a superstar, a bust or somewhere in between. That's a bold take!!

Spurs m8
06-27-2023, 04:40 PM
Nba fans are low iq and knee jerk react to anything

Anyone commenting negatively on this just proves my point

Full Court
06-27-2023, 04:42 PM
So he might be a superstar, a bust or somewhere in between. That's a bold take!!

My point was that there's not much to make an assessment on yet, so let's see how he plays in the NBA first. Of course, if you want to, feel free to form your opinion off that shoot-around video.

1987_Lakers
06-27-2023, 04:44 PM

:oldlol:

Full Court
06-27-2023, 04:45 PM
:oldlol:

https://media.tenor.com/A0REOBRcXzcAAAAC/black-boy-reaction.gif

90sgoat
06-27-2023, 05:38 PM
Ok, I'll call it, I don't think Wemby will ever be a superstar, if nothing else because he'll be injured too much and after a new nasty injuries, he'll shy away from contact, like Porzingis.

He also won't become a 7'4'' Kevin Durant, he doesn't even show skills to be a 7'3'' Porzingis.

He is very tall and very coordinated, so he'll find a role for sure. I still maintain, his ceiling is a better Porzingis, so that is probably an all star most season, but rarely if ever an MVP.

TAZORAC
06-28-2023, 02:17 AM
He cant dribble...a poor mans Durant

coin24
06-28-2023, 03:46 AM
Can’t see him being any better that Porzingod.. that tall lanky frame won’t hold up.

The media is disgusting for hyping this kid to the extremes they have..

90sgoat
06-28-2023, 11:34 AM
Can’t see him being any better that Porzingod.. that tall lanky frame won’t hold up.

The media is disgusting for hyping this kid to the extremes they have..

The media went from hating on euros to deciding that euros are just better and that Wemby would be a better euro to root for than Luka.

It's blatant.

PP34Deuce
06-29-2023, 09:18 AM
Nba was banking on Zion to be the next face. He self inflicted messed that up for the time being.

Jokic is almost 30
Giannis is 28
Luka can't figure out how to dominate and won 55 games.
Ja can't leave guns and clout alone

Wemby is marketable and very young. I agree with others that I see him play and porz and chet are similar. Wemby is more fluid athletically than them but at least Porz put on some weight so let's see with Wemby.

I don't see world class skill though. I also believe solid built forwards and centers cN bully him first year

Jasper
06-29-2023, 11:55 AM
wrong number