PDA

View Full Version : Vucevic staying with the Bulls for another three years

Full Court
06-28-2023, 04:28 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nikola-vucevic-and-bulls-finalizing-a-three-year-60m-contract-extension-194947266.html

I don't really like this much. Bulls aren't going anywhere unless they make some major changes. I'd rather see them burn it down and start over.

ShawkFactory
06-28-2023, 04:31 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nikola-vucevic-and-bulls-finalizing-a-three-year-60m-contract-extension-194947266.html

I don't really like this much. Bulls aren't going anywhere unless they make some major changes. I'd rather see them burn it down and start over.

Yea no shit. Truly not saying this because it's you but I don't think there's a team in the NBA that is worse off right now than the Bulls.

MAYBE the Wizards...

Tank and start over.

FultzNationRISE
06-28-2023, 04:56 PM

It’s not a terrible deal, if theyre ass again this year they can just trade him.

That said, he hasnt been all that impressive in Chicago anyway IMO.

Gruppenführer
06-28-2023, 05:46 PM
Very underrated big man.

97 bulls
06-28-2023, 06:14 PM
I think the Bulls were on to something. They just never rebounded when Ball went down. I'd like to see them go after a PG to replace Ball and give this a fair shot.

theman93
06-28-2023, 06:35 PM
I love Vuc but....meh, I think they’re doubling down on a mistake here. Trading WCJr and 2 firsts to Orlando for him was highway robbery. Chicago would be better off blowing it up. They aren’t going anywhere with good but meddling players such as Lavine, Derozan and Vuc. That just doesn’t move the needle and this is the type of move that keeps you in no man’s land.

bison
06-28-2023, 06:57 PM
On paper its a good deal. $20mil for a 20/10 guy who never gets injured. But it keeps the Bulls on the play-in treadmill.

I'd rather see them burn it down and start over.

I see so many fans say this about their teams now. Seems like people only want their teams to be contenders or lottery garbage. No in between. Especially with the Bulls who barely even two seasons ago people were talking about them being contenders with this very same unit (minus lonzo). They can still improve with trades, i dont think they need to blow it up just yet. Do bulls fans really want the bulls to be shitty for another 5 years?

Full Court
06-28-2023, 07:35 PM
Do bulls fans really want the bulls to be shitty for another 5 years?

No, but it's hard to see them being anything but.

theman93
06-28-2023, 07:45 PM
On paper its a good deal. $20mil for a 20/10 guy who never gets injured. But it keeps the Bulls on the play-in treadmill.

I see so many fans say this about their teams now. Seems like people only want their teams to be contenders or lottery garbage. No in between. Especially with the Bulls who barely even two seasons ago people were talking about them being contenders with this very same unit (minus lonzo). They can still improve with trades, i dont think they need to blow it up just yet. Do bulls fans really want the bulls to be shitty for another 5 years?

The problem is the Bulls don't have anyone to build around. DeRozan proved that in Toronto, Vuc proved that in Orlando, and Lavine has been proving that in Chicago. What package are they offering for a superstar? The most realistic option for them to become contenders is to unload these guys for prospects and draft picks, then tank for a blue chip piece to build around. That's the model New Orleans (would be working if Zion wasn't fat), Minnesota (although their GM is failing miserably with that Gobert trade), Orlando, and San Antonio are following.