PDA

View Full Version : The Mets, Yankees, and Padres have a combined 883 million dollar payroll.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2023, 04:41 PM
They are a combined 4 games under .500 with the Yankees doing a lot of the heavy lifting there.

Clearly in a no cap league you can generally buy more talented teams but you can’t just lock in greatness.

What do you think the nba looks like in the immediate future given like 5 years of no cap or luxury tax penalties?

Would the teams that blow the most automatically win? Basketball is easier to lean on a few stars but is it so easy you would just be able to buy rings?

For example…

Given no cap it’s easy to assume the Suns sign Harden right now. Went to college in Arizona, lives in Phoenix supposedly, and is still close with KD.

The Suns owner strikes me as a “**** it…” type. And that’s who does these things in baseball. They buy talent regardless of fit. Sometimes even position. Don’t care if Arod and Jeter play the same position. That’s for the baseball people to figure out.

A psycho owner would saddle basketball people with building terrible fit superteams and lose anyway wouldn’t he?

FultzNationRISE
06-28-2023, 04:52 PM
We already saw KD, Harden, Irving, Griffin, Aldridge, and Curry team up together. They won 1 playoff series in 3 years. It was a disaster.

We saw Westbrook team up with Durant, with James Harden, with Paul George, with Anthony Davis, with Kawhi Leonard, and aside from the early years with KD it was a failure every time.

Teams cant seem to figure out which players are manufactured media stars and which are winning competitive basketball players. Most people including team personnel dont seem to even understand theres a difference.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2023, 05:03 PM
A good 6 of the people you just mentioned weren’t even playing at the end of seasons you deem failure and disaster so there’s a little more to it than team building ability.

Bit of a different question. Though I guess pairing up habitually banged up players is also a management issue.

FultzNationRISE
06-28-2023, 05:12 PM
A good 6 of the people you just mentioned weren’t even playing at the end of seasons you deem failure and disaster so there’s a little more to it than team building ability.

Bit of a different question. Though I guess pairing up habitually banged up players is also a management issue.

Yeah, and maybe 1 or 2 of them legitimately couldnt.

Which again reinforces my point.

ShawkFactory
06-28-2023, 05:59 PM
Baseball is very different and is never going to be a good analogy.

Norcaliblunt
06-28-2023, 06:37 PM
These sports leagues have to have big time money laundering going on. These numbers never add up.

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2023, 07:39 PM
My money would be on Balmer. He doesn't care what he has to spend and he can offer players LA.

HylianNightmare
06-28-2023, 08:32 PM
Judge and Tatis are such a delight to watch