PDA

View Full Version : Why ignore that Jokic is doing things Lebron could not do? Why all silent now?

Walk on Water
06-29-2023, 07:29 AM
I don't understand. Lebron got all this admiration for his triple double potential. Jokic can average 25 points a game himself. But did you know that Jokic is better than Lebron at assists, rebounds and blocked shots? No shit, right?

But some people don't wanna pay attention to that. All that bragging about Lebron and his numbers. But I know what they'll do. If Lebron can't beat Jokic in the main stats, they'll bring up longevity or something else. Like I said, Lebron fans rarely ever stay on point.

Could it be that Jokic really is more skilled than Lebron ever was? Why can't Lebron get Jokic's assist numbers? He has the ball as much if not more.

I mean, Lebron fans will argue about the stats all day if it supports his argument vs Michael. But the biggest difference is that Jokic didn't need a team that had Bosh and Wade. Or Irving and Love. Or a player as good as Anthony Davis.

The question is how was Lebron ever as talented as Jokic. Jokic is the player to beat. Lebron was never as good as Jokic.

So all the Lebron fans, you see how it feels now? All these years of trying to make people believe things that we never did.

Full Court
06-29-2023, 09:10 AM
Jokic is better than Lebron was at any time in his career. Also one a championship without team-hopping/stacking. Something Bronie was never able to do.

RRR3
06-29-2023, 11:29 AM
:oldlol: Truth hurts dosen't it.
Jokic better than prime LeBron is something a moron would say.

3ba11
06-29-2023, 11:31 AM
I
Could it be that Jokic really is more skilled than Lebron ever was? Why can't Lebron get Jokic's assist numbers? He has the ball as much if not more.

I mean,

]

Hold-time

Jokic......... 4 minutes per game
Lebron...... 6 minutes per game

So Jokic gets better stats even though Lebron holds the ball 50% more or longer per game

Jokic is easily the superior player

Jokic just won with a non-franchise player at sidekick while Lebron always needed franchise players and #1 picks

tpols
06-29-2023, 11:49 AM
Yolk plays a much better brand of basketball and is far more clutch. Nobody expected Denver to win the title much less dominate everybody en route to it. Lebron would've had 0 chance at winning with that team, which is why he needed to form super teams just to compete. And then he still mostly lost anyway with them.

Hey Yo
06-29-2023, 12:02 PM
OP thought Kyrie was on the 18 Cavs.

PistonsFan#21
06-29-2023, 12:28 PM
Denver played against Miami in the Finals...that's a team who had to do the the play in and barely qualified as the 8th seed in the weak East. Not a knock on Jokic at all because he did beat whoever he had to face but we all know the narrative would have been different if thats the team Lebron faced in the Finals and they had 0 all stars on the roster.

Carbine
06-29-2023, 12:33 PM
Yolk plays a much better brand of basketball and is far more clutch. Nobody expected Denver to win the title much less dominate everybody en route to it. Lebron would've had 0 chance at winning with that team, which is why he needed to form super teams just to compete. And then he still mostly lost anyway with them.

He mostly lost yet has won as much as anyone during his time. Make it make sense.

tpols
06-29-2023, 12:37 PM
He mostly lost yet has won as much as anyone during his time. Make it make sense.

He has a losing record in the Finals across the Heat, Cavs, and Laker super teams he formed. Including the two biggest blowouts in NBA Finals history (2014 and 2018) and the GOAT choke. (2011)

Make that make sense.

ShawkFactory
06-29-2023, 12:39 PM

Have you been on ISH before?

When Lebron is the topic nothing makes sense. On both sides of the coin. Best not to engage on the subject if you want to approach things with any sort of rationality.

Axe
06-29-2023, 04:10 PM
Make a thread about kong and the usual suspects rush in to show their pathetic asses. Talk about some impact rt.

StrongLurk
06-29-2023, 04:18 PM
OP you must've missed my like 10 Jokic threads over the past two years.

The vast majority of the NBA fanbase and media ignored Jokic for a few on-court and off-court reasons.

Basically if Jokic was American, had a more "athletic" playstyle, and fit the modern NBA "culture" more, then he's already be getting GOAT talks. But he has none of the above so most people ignored him or actively hated on him.

BigShotBob
06-29-2023, 04:20 PM
Denver played against Miami in the Finals...that's a team who had to do the the play in and barely qualified as the 8th seed in the weak East. Not a knock on Jokic at all because he did beat whoever he had to face but we all know the narrative would have been different if thats the team Lebron faced in the Finals and they had 0 all stars on the roster.

Lebron literally faced an injured Heat team in the Finals