PDA

View Full Version : It's funny that people acting like Dray's free agency is big deal

3ba11
06-29-2023, 11:40 AM
Like he's a star.. This bum will go to Washington or something and everyone will see that his 8/7/5 stats are just role player-caliber without the 4-ring resume to inflate it to all-time status

tpols
06-29-2023, 11:44 AM
I feel bad for the team that pays him. He's a certified bum outside getting to pass to the GOAT shooting backcourt.

ShawkFactory
06-29-2023, 12:14 PM
I feel bad for the team that pays him. He's a certified bum outside getting to pass to the GOAT shooting backcourt.

Stop being 3ball's lap dog :lol

But about Dray, no he isn't a star in the traditional sense. If he goes to a team with nothing going on then there likely won't be much there.

However, he is an enormous tone-setter both on the defensive end and with the culture in general. If you get him on a team like the Kings or Cavs with talent but lack of experience/toughness he could raise the ceiling to championship level.

tpols
06-29-2023, 12:48 PM
Stop being 3ball's lap dog :lol

But about Dray, no he isn't a star in the traditional sense. If he goes to a team with nothing going on then there likely won't be much there.

However, he is an enormous tone-setter both on the defensive end and with the culture in general. If you get him on a team like the Kings or Cavs with talent but lack of experience/toughness he could raise the ceiling to championship level.

:roll:

I needed a good laugh. Thanks mate. There's a 0% chance cavs or kings win the title with dray. Allen and Sabonis both can't shoot. Putting dray next to them would cripple spacing to an unreal degree.

1987_Lakers
06-29-2023, 12:51 PM
He's past his prime, but could still contribute on a contending team. He's a Dennis Rodman type role player in a sense that he doesn't score, but brings other aspects to the court. Of course I wouldn't expect OP to understand this because all he values is scoring.

ShawkFactory
06-29-2023, 12:54 PM
:roll:

I needed a good laugh. Thanks mate. There's a 0% chance cavs or kings win the title with dray. Allen and Sabonis both can't shoot. Putting dray next to them would cripple spacing to an unreal degree.

Relax it was just an example. He sets the tone on both ends and in the locker room.

With Mobley/Garland and Fox still potentially improving their games, adding some toughness and a dad on the team would absolutely make them formidable. Allen wouldn't even be needed, and nobody is too good for them to not have a shot.

tpols
06-29-2023, 01:05 PM
Relax it was just an example. He sets the tone on both ends and in the locker room.

With Mobley/Garland and Fox still potentially improving their games, adding some toughness and a dad on the team would absolutely make them formidable. Allen wouldn't even be needed, and nobody is too good for them to not have a shot.

Fox, Garland, and Mitchell are all on ball players. With little to no off ball game. Drays playmaking just doesn't exist on those teams. And defenders can help off him completely sending doubles. It's a disastrous mix offensively.

And Jarret Allen has far more value than dray right now. Saying he doesn't matter is extremely ignorant.

ShawkFactory
06-29-2023, 01:18 PM
Fox, Garland, and Mitchell are all on ball players. With little to no off ball game. Drays playmaking just doesn't exist on those teams. And defenders can help off him completely sending doubles. It's a disastrous mix offensively.

And Jarret Allen has far more value than dray right now. Saying he doesn't matter is extremely ignorant.

He got destroyed in the series against the Knicks. Was a huge reason why they lost. Any big body would be fine for them at this point.

You're focusing too much on exactly what Dray does with the Warriors. He's a smart player who can adapt. Have just going hard of defense and give him a diminished role on offense. Who cares, he'll do that.

Although the main aspect, once again, is the leadership and toughness he'd bring. Those teams are not far off.

HylianNightmare
06-29-2023, 01:30 PM
I'm sure GSW will give him an ok longer term offer that's all he needs. Then he can udonis Haslam himself into some minimum contracts and transition into some sort of locker room guy/ coaching staff if he stays loyal

j3lademaster
06-29-2023, 01:38 PM
Hes being talked about because hes a big named thats recognizable to casual fans, not because hes some sort of star who is going to change life for another team.

3ba11
06-29-2023, 02:01 PM
If you get him on a team like the Kings or Cavs with talent but lack of experience/toughness he could raise the ceiling to championship level.

A team like the Kings will eventually be title-level regardless - they don't need Draymond.. Dray is probably a locker room cancer that won't work on other teams - he just happened to land alongside the goat shooters that could make something out of his meager talent.

Axe
06-29-2023, 03:56 PM
1-9

SouBeachTalents
06-30-2023, 07:19 PM
I'm sure GSW will give him an ok longer term offer that's all he needs. Then he can udonis Haslam himself into some minimum contracts and transition into some sort of locker room guy/ coaching staff if he stays loyal
Wow, you actually made a post that was more than 5 words long, I'm impressed

warriorfan
06-30-2023, 07:23 PM
Like he's a star.. This bum will go to Washington or something and everyone will see that his 8/7/5 stats are just role player-caliber without the 4-ring resume to inflate it to all-time status

we overpaid tbh

he had no leverage, what was he going to do go to some garbage team and expose himself as the system player he is while on a lottery team?

should have played hardball with him

HylianNightmare
06-30-2023, 07:26 PM
Wow, you actually made a post that was more than 5 words long, I'm impressed

Sometimes I even surprise myself

Wally450
06-30-2023, 09:22 PM
Who said he was All Time status?

tpols
06-30-2023, 09:26 PM
we overpaid tbh

he had no leverage, what was he going to do go to some garbage team and expose himself as the system player he is while on a lottery team?

I think it was a mutual respect thing. He has put in work and deserves at least a role players salary which is crazy that 100 million dollars is what that takes nowadays.

He knew no other team would take him and that's why he signed. And teams know his impact would be basically nothing without a GOAT off ball back court to support him and so they weren't willing to pony up the cash to sign him for more. His only decent offer would've came from Golden State.

coin24
07-01-2023, 12:34 AM
Keeps the core together for another 2-3 seasons, if they can add a few vets etc they should be competitive still..
Some bigs would really help

NBAGOAT
07-01-2023, 08:29 AM
we overpaid tbh

Draymond did gs a huge favor by opting out for their tax situation. Add on their title window is over without him and he had leverage