PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons trade request count.

Kblaze8855
06-29-2023, 08:23 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306300552520365.jpeg

Kblaze8855
06-29-2023, 08:24 PM
Would Paul George have 2?

SouBeachTalents
06-29-2023, 08:41 PM
He's missing quite a few, off the top of my head Melo, PG & AD.

warriorfan
06-29-2023, 08:44 PM
KG 0.5 :lol

Simmons is a dork but he has his moments lol

As annoying as he is he does have some good takes every once in awhile and at least he will fully admit he’s the biggest homer ever

highwhey
06-29-2023, 08:46 PM
Booker - 0 :pimp:

Real Men Wear Green
06-29-2023, 09:02 PM
Would Paul George have 2?

He could have a stardom level requirement for being listed.

SouBeachTalents
06-29-2023, 09:07 PM
He could have a stardom level requirement for being listed.
If Pierce is listed PG should be too.

Real Men Wear Green
06-29-2023, 09:14 PM
If Pierce is listed PG should be too.
You would be making a strong point of you brought up Anthony davis. Paul George and Paul Pierce are two different levels. George had some rwgular season accolades before he got to LA but is far behind Pierce playoff preformance and has major durability issues. Piece only had had one of his peak years ruined by injury and that season he was shut down partially because the Celtics were tanking. I can't even remember George's last good postseason.

Kblaze8855
06-29-2023, 09:19 PM
You would need like 12 tiers of stars to bother differentiating the levels between people like Paul Pierce and Paul George.

Its like saying Ray Allen and Dame are entirely different levels.

You can justify taking one or the other but…is 8 vs 10 or so a whole new level? Or 73 vs 81 all time?

I don’t know if that’s worth a whole new level….even if I’d take Pierce personally.

Real Men Wear Green
06-29-2023, 09:23 PM
You would need like 12 tiers of stars to bother differentiating the levels between people like Paul Pierce and Paul George.

Its like saying Ray Allen and Dame are entirely different levels.

You can justify taking one or the other but…is 8 vs 10 or so a whole new level? Or 73 vs 81 all time?

I don’t know if that’s worth a whole new level….even if I’d take Pierce personally.

The level thing is semantic. But the important thing is that Pierce had a better career than what were seeing from George. PG gets hurt too often and you never heard a label like "Pandemic P" get thrown on Pierce.

SouBeachTalents
06-29-2023, 09:27 PM
You would be making a strong point of you brought up Anthony davis. Paul George and Paul Pierce are two different levels. George had some rwgular season accolades before he got to LA but is far behind Pierce playoff preformance and has major durability issues. Piece only had had one of his peak years ruined by injury and that season he was shut down partially because the Celtics were tanking. I can't even remember George's last good postseason.
First of all, AD is a clear level above either of them. He can be maddingly inconsistent, as he showed this entire postseason, but he's a bonafide superstar and top 5 caliber player.

You can think Pierce is better, perfectly valid opinion to hold. But some level above PG? There's just nothing from Pierce's career that would back that argument, not production wise, accolade wise, standing in the league etc. PG actually has more All-NBA selections, more All-Defensive teams, and more top 10 MVP finishes than Pierce does. Pierce is for sure the more clutch player, but the same pattern as before still applies for the playoffs, where his production with Boston was no better than PG's has been throughout his career.

Real Men Wear Green
06-29-2023, 09:37 PM
First of all, AD is a clear level above either of them. He can be maddingly inconsistent, as he showed this entire postseason, but he's a bonafide superstar and top 5 caliber player.

You can think Pierce is better, perfectly valid opinion to hold. But some level above PG? There's just nothing from Pierce's career that would back that argument, not production wise, accolade wise, standing in the league etc. PG actually has more All-NBA selections, more All-Defensive teams, and more top 10 MVP finishes than Pierce does. Pierce is for sure the more clutch player, but the same pattern as before still applies for the playoffs, where his production with Boston was no better than PG's has been throughout his career.

Pandemic P the last 4 years 56, 31, 54 and 48 games played. That's partially about covid but more about durability. He has only averaged 20+ in a season he played over 70 games 5 times. And then on top of that you have a lack of postseason accomplishment.

ShawkFactory
06-29-2023, 09:58 PM
I would take Pierce due to the aforementioned ability late in games and durability, but I think you could very reasonably argue that at their peaks that PG is a more impactful two way player.

warriorfan
06-29-2023, 10:01 PM
Healthy PG was better than Pierce ever was and we never even got to really see his prime. It blows he had that freak injury and had a few bad breaks after that.

Jasper
06-29-2023, 10:40 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306300552520365.jpeg

I remember when Bill was relevant