PDA

View Full Version : Where does the Porzingis hate come from?

AirBonner
06-30-2023, 12:12 AM
I’m sitting here watching him interview with Boston media and he’s saying all the right things in a genuine manner. The guy is excited to be here and he wants to win. I think a lot of the hate he gets is unwarranted

warriorfan
06-30-2023, 12:16 AM
He supposedly raped a woman and fails to meet his hype from being injured a lot. That’s more then enough to get some fan bases on his ass.

AirBonner
06-30-2023, 12:26 AM
He supposedly raped a woman and fails to meet his hype from being injured a lot. That’s more then enough to get some fan bases on his ass.

Supposedly but not confirmed like Kobe. He has been injured a lot but I don’t think expectations of him were anywhere near someone like Embiid. Hell knicks fans were booing him on draft night.

warriorfan
06-30-2023, 12:34 AM
Supposedly but not confirmed like Kobe. He has been injured a lot but I don’t think expectations of him were anywhere near someone like Embiid. Hell knicks fans were booing him on draft night.

Bro you were born during the day but it wasn’t yesterday

They both were forced to settle out of court

#metoo era

bison
06-30-2023, 02:33 AM
It came from Low IQ Knicks fans.

Akeem34TheDream
06-30-2023, 02:44 AM
He is the most evil looking guy in the league

PeroAntic
06-30-2023, 05:30 AM
Because hes overrated. Other than shooting threes and blocking shots he doesn't do much else. His Dallas stint exposed him.

FultzNationRISE
06-30-2023, 09:05 AM
Tbh I dont think Ive ever heard much hate on him. People have pointed out he hasnt done much, but I dont think many people say he cant play. His time in NY was pretty irrelevant because he was young and they were trash. His time in Dallas was underwhelming, partly on him and partly the system. In Washington he seemed to really come into his own and figure out how to do what he wants.

Itll take some time for Boston to work in another guy who needs touches, but once they iron out the kinks he should be a pretty valuable player for them.

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2023, 09:18 AM
the guy was a bitch on the Mavs

Wally450
06-30-2023, 09:52 AM
I think not living up to his expectations as a guy who's 7'3 with range and supposed to be able to do a little of everything. (Hell, Wemby could deal with the same fate)

He played well for the Wizards last season, but the Wizards were going nowhere, so it was easy to play without any expectations. I want to see if he's able to withstand playing in a big market like Boston, who are championship favorites.

AirBonner
06-30-2023, 10:37 AM
the guy was a bitch on the Mavs

Mavs were better with Luka sitting. I remember lol

Hey Yo
06-30-2023, 11:47 AM

Knicks fans booed cause the last tall white stiff they drafted never came to the States after Vince Carter jumped over him. Plus hometown boy Ron Artest was still on the board and Bulls took him the pick after NY.

BarberSchool
06-30-2023, 11:58 AM
Racist Knicks fans, mostly. Lotta those.

90sgoat
06-30-2023, 03:11 PM
It came from Low IQ Knicks fans.

Yep, this is it.

I followed Kristaps since he rookie season and he got a bad rep on the dumpster fire that was Phil Jackson Knicks.

Knicks fans are the worst in the league. All sports fans are dumb, but Knicks fans are also aggressive, so they're aggressively dumb.

Zingis was on a team without a point guard. Knicks point guards where Ramon Sessions and Frank Ntilikina (rookie) and despite that, he actually did really well, imo, played the best ball of his career in his third season. Shot 40% from 3 and had the highest blocks of his career. He averaged like 30ppg in his first 20 games to start the season.

Then he got injured and then it was over.

People forget that Kristaps was young, he was a 20 year old rookie and only 24 in Dallas. It's not like he's some kind of seasoned vet.

And that perhaps also is a reason why he was unliked in Knicks, he always was a very high ego player and refused to take a backseat, like Luka. A lot of brothers tried to get him down, including some on the Knicks. That gave him the rep of being selfish.

imdaman99
06-30-2023, 03:30 PM
Racist Knick fans? Do you idiots even live in NY to confirm this? The ones that booed him on draft night were facing PTSD from Frederic Weis, some French stiff that was trash and got dunked over by Vince Carter.

I literally bought a kp jersey, which I still have. I hadn't bought a Jersey for like 10 years before him. He had a piece of shit brother that was trying to run things, and I don't remember the details but his brother was cocky and popping in with some ultimatums.

I still root for him but I don't get too excited because I know he's injury prone and it won't last. I don't call that hate but there are plenty of Knicks fans that don't like him and he left a sour taste in their mouths once he was traded. No young player that asks to be traded is loved by the fans he just left.

JohnMax
06-30-2023, 03:38 PM
Chris Bosh was hated on for pioneering stretch four position.

Kristaps is a true Center so he can potentially pioneer stretch five position. Right now Brook Lopez is best example of that.

I'm willing to bet that's where Kristaps hate is coming from. Fear that he will revolutionize NBA by being best stretch five player we've seen to date.

90sgoat
06-30-2023, 03:40 PM
Chris Bosh was hated on for pioneering stretch four position.

Kristaps is a true Center so he can potentially pioneer stretch five position. Right now Brook Lopez is best example of a stretch five.

I'm willing to bet that's where Kristaps hate is coming from. Fear that he will revolutionize NBA by being best stretch five player we've seen to date.

It's because he doesn't rebound.

rawimpact
06-30-2023, 03:51 PM
well when your star player is unavailable... that brings on frustration. It's not just the knicks...
Lakers with Davis is another example...

PistolPete
06-30-2023, 03:56 PM
I don't think there is any animosity between Knicks fan and Porzingis anymore. Porzingis even came out and said he handled things poorly while he was on the Knicks. There are plenty of Knicks fans that would welcome him back.

Now Julius Randle though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7NQVeZw7w

That's another story.

Lakers Legend#32
06-30-2023, 04:26 PM
Another white player to the Celtics.

The hell you say!

tontoz
06-30-2023, 04:51 PM
He was pretty popular with Wizards fans. He played well for us and seemed to have a good attitude.