PDA

View Full Version : Bruce brown to pacers. Lakers land Taurean prince.

bison
06-30-2023, 06:21 PM
Not mad. Price is like the mid version of Bruce brown. Still more moves to be made.

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2023, 06:23 PM
Thought Tayshaun Prince was long retired but it‘s a nice catch I guess

Manny98
06-30-2023, 06:46 PM
4.5 is a great deal for Prince

bladefd
06-30-2023, 06:48 PM
Ehh, Taurean Prince is okay. Adds a wing so kind of addresses our needs but I don't think very highly of him. As a Lakers fan, we could have done better. I guess we are splitting the MLE - perhaps between Prince and Schroeder? Hard to say

Edit: Lakers used their BAE for Prince. They still have full MLE, which is great news. We are probably focused on a center or pg for MLE.

bison
06-30-2023, 07:00 PM
Ehh, Taurean Prince is okay. Adds a wing so kind of addresses our needs but I don't think very highly of him. As a Lakers fan, we could have done better. I guess we are splitting the MLE - perhaps between Prince and Schroeder? Hard to say

He essentially replaces Troy Brown who got signed to Minnesota. Doesn’t make the lakers worse and doesn’t make the lakers better. As for contract structure I believe the lakers don’t have to give him a dime from the MLE depending on who else they sign in free agency. Lakers are free to use money from the BAE and MLE however they want. If they can’t find a guy for the MLE then that’s when they will split it for Prince.

Proctor
06-30-2023, 07:56 PM

Edit: Lakers used their BAE for Prince. They still have full MLE, which is great news. We are probably focused on a center or pg for MLE.
He's 5x better than Troy Brown - who you insisted was better than Rui.

This is a GREAT pickup for the Lakers. Doesn't solve their problems by himself but he is absolutely part of what the Lakers need.

FultzNationRISE
06-30-2023, 08:03 PM
Bruce Brown is today's James Posey.

Great guy to have on the bench if youre a contender. Kind of a weird choice for non contenders to target in free agency.

I think Posey got exactly the kind of deal from the Hornets after his Heat/Celtics chips as Brown just got from the Pacers.

tpols
06-30-2023, 08:05 PM
Poor concession.

If LA doesn't resign Reaves they're in serious trouble.

bladefd
06-30-2023, 08:09 PM
He's 5x better than Troy Brown - who you insisted was better than Rui.

This is a GREAT pickup for the Lakers. Doesn't solve their problems by himself but he is absolutely part of what the Lakers need.

Ofc Prince is a lot better than Troy.

In the regular season, Troy was better than Rui. When I made that post, we were still near end of regular season so I wasn't wrong at that point in time. Rui was much better in playoffs, and we saw a different dimension of him. Overall in hindsight (which is never wrong btw), I prefer Rui over Troy.

I feel we could have gotten someone else better than Prince for full mle, but we obv didn't. Luckily we didn't use MLE on Prince. For BAE, Prince is absolutely worth it.

bladefd
06-30-2023, 08:11 PM
Poor concession.

If LA doesn't resign Reaves they're in serious trouble.

They will re-sign Reaves, no doubt about it. I think Rui is also returning.

The question remaining is D'lo.

bison
06-30-2023, 08:27 PM

Austin is back for sure but I am now both skeptical for rui and d’lo. Poeltl and cam Johnson just got 20mil/yr deals and they are the same age as d’lo. I don’t want to pay more than 20mil for d’lo but the market is re established for a team to swoop him up. Also I thought Rui would get MLE offers when we can beat that by giving him 14mil. But I’m not so sure if that’s the target now since he was so good in the playoffs.

tpols
06-30-2023, 08:30 PM

With how he played for LA when it counted dlo is a welcome loss. Rui was ****ing awesome though and they definitely want to keep him.

bison
06-30-2023, 09:20 PM
With how he played for LA when it counted dlo is a welcome loss. Rui was ****ing awesome though and they definitely want to keep him.

The sample size isn’t there and d’lo still has a season by season value. D’lo was great in the regular season, average like 18 and shot 40% from 3. He was a major factor for the lakers rejuvenating their season. He was mostly good in the Memphis series, mediocre in the golden state series, and an atrocious in the Denver series.

I’m going with the fact that he’s been a mostly positive factor for us. But the other thing people need to realize is he’s the only available point guard for the lakers right now. Kyrie and FVV are already signed and the rest of the PG market is crap. If you want a starting ball handler to compliment lebron in a win-now situation, d’lo is the only guy up to the task whether you like it or not.