PDA

View Full Version : Dame FINALLY requests trade out of Portland

bison
07-01-2023, 11:58 AM
Breaking: Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard has requested a trade out of Portland, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The Miami Heat and Brooklyn Nets are among leading suitors for one of the NBA’s 75 Greatest Players ever.

So sick of hearing about whether this guy is gonna leave Portland or not. Put me out of my misery

tpols
07-01-2023, 12:07 PM
He deserves better.

Hopefully Miami with butler and Bam. He's the perfect fit there.

bison
07-01-2023, 12:15 PM
Woj is saying he specifically wants to be traded to Miami. So now letting strus, Vincent and oladipo go makes sense

Clifton
07-01-2023, 12:20 PM
I love a Dame/Jimmy/Bam big 3. I'll try to watch every game I can. I like how Jimmy basically doesn't even need to take a shot before the fourth quarter now, which is basically his preference anyway. (And now, in the fourth, he won't be the only guy on the team who can make one.)

Hilarious that Dame waited until Grant got his bag to do this. I hope this doesn't sour his relationship to the organization, because it's clear he played them.

90sgoat
07-01-2023, 12:22 PM
Heat would make the most impact and good for the league, but if he wants maximum exposure, he'll go be the star in Brooklyn, that team is desperate for someone like Dame. He's a likeable star that will produce and with the weak East he'll be able to make the playoffs as a given for the next 4-5 years.

highwhey
07-01-2023, 12:27 PM
yeah the nuggets aren't winning again lmao

Im Still Ballin
07-01-2023, 12:28 PM
What if Philly, The Clippers, and Portland had a three-way? J-Hard to LAC, Dame to PHI, and Norm, Covington, and the rest to Portland?

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2023, 12:37 PM
Heat would make the most impact and good for the league, but if he wants maximum exposure, he'll go be the star in Brooklyn, that team is desperate for someone like Dame. He's a likeable star that will produce and with the weak East he'll be able to make the playoffs as a given for the next 4-5 years.
He'd have a nice supporting cast in Brooklyn, but barring additional moves he's not winning a title with that roster. He's gonna be 33 next season, you have to assume after being trapped in mediocrity his entire career he wants a shot at a title. Miami makes the most sense for him, but I could also see him potentially being swapped for Harden.

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2023, 12:37 PM
What if Philly, The Clippers, and Portland had a three-way? J-Hard to LAC, Dame to PHI, and Norm, Covington, and the rest to Portland?
You think the Clippers are landing Harden without having to give up Kawhi or PG? I'd be rather surprised if that happened.

Im Still Ballin
07-01-2023, 12:38 PM
You think the Clippers are landing Harden without having to give up Kawhi or PG? I'd be rather surprised if that took place.

You mean from a salary perspective? Couldn't Philly and LAC just give a bunch of picks to Portland or some shit?

Manny98
07-01-2023, 12:38 PM
Soon...

https://i.postimg.cc/pdn28xJv/Nets-Land-Blazers-Damian-Lillard-In-Bold-Trade-Scenario.webp

It's 90% going to be Miami because that's his first choice but one can hope

tpols
07-01-2023, 12:45 PM
Soon...

https://i.postimg.cc/pdn28xJv/Nets-Land-Blazers-Damian-Lillard-In-Bold-Trade-Scenario.webp

May as well let the man have a chance at a title.

Im Still Ballin
07-01-2023, 12:49 PM
What if it becomes a four-team trade? Dame to Miami; Herro to Philly; Harden to LAC; picks, filler, and other shit to Portland.

HylianNightmare
07-01-2023, 01:00 PM
Praying they don't gut the heat to get him

r15mohd
07-01-2023, 01:08 PM

exactly what you're saying about Brooklyn, he'll have in Miami + be a championship contender rahter than a 1st round hopeful like he was in Portland/Brooklyn option

tomtucker
07-01-2023, 01:17 PM
victor oladipo is gone, max struss is gone, gabe vincent is gone.......miami need more than Dame to win the chip next season!

what can they do??

tomtucker
07-01-2023, 01:18 PM
What if it becomes a four-team trade? Dame to Miami; Herro to Philly; Harden to LAC; picks, filler, and other shit to Portland.

miami cannot afford to give up more players...... struss and vincent are already gone!

if any, butler needs to go!
and then replaced by another great, to play along side Damian

DMAVS41
07-01-2023, 01:19 PM
victor oladipo is gone, max struss is gone, gabe vincent is gone.......miami need more than Dame to win the chip next season!

what can they do??

What?

Oladipo didn't play and Struss can be easily replaced....if you get Dame...losing Vincent is not relevant. Herro and a bunch of picks...perhaps in a 3 team deal...seems pretty fair.

Goldrush25
07-01-2023, 01:22 PM

what can they do??

get some more undrafted guys and buy low on vet players, like they did with this previous roster?

tomtucker
07-01-2023, 01:28 PM
What?

Oladipo didn't play and Struss can be easily replaced....if you get Dame...losing Vincent is not relevant. Herro and a bunch of picks...perhaps in a 3 team deal...seems pretty fair.

vincent and herro gone wil be massive.
cannot see Damian win a ring in that scenario.

if miami wins the chip i will of course say i was wrong and you were right!

DMAVS41
07-01-2023, 01:35 PM
vincent and herro gone wil be massive.
cannot see Damian win a ring in that scenario.

if miami wins the chip i will of course say i was wrong and you were right!

Dame is clearly more valuable than them combined. It really isn't close...and Herro didn't even play in the playoffs. They don't have to win a title to just acknowledge the obvious.

Losing Struss/Vincent, in terms of the playoff roster, for Dame is a massive upgrade.

We'll see how it all shakes out. If they lose Martin and or Lowry/Duncan or something...then I'd worry a little about the depth.

bladefd
07-01-2023, 01:38 PM
Don't Miami need a 3rd team involved to make the salaries work for Lillard?

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2023, 01:40 PM
I knew he was a fraud.

Tried playing up the loyalty card.:roll:

90sgoat
07-01-2023, 01:40 PM
exactly what you're saying about Brooklyn, he'll have in Miami + be a championship contender rahter than a 1st round hopeful like he was in Portland/Brooklyn option

Heat is Butler's team though.

So he'll have to adjust and for his career, most people have taken his side with the Aldridge debacle and so on.

If he can't adjust, his rep might take a hit.

BallsOut
07-01-2023, 01:45 PM
Don't Miami need a 3rd team involved to make the salaries work for Lillard?

Herro, Robinson, 2 first round picks and filler for Damian Lillard

Then sign Dwight Howard and Demarcus Cousins for backup bigs and call it an offseason.

Miami

Lillard | Lowry
Richardson | undrafted player
Butler | undrafted player
Love | Martin | Bryant
Adebayo | Howard | Cousins

Goldrush25
07-01-2023, 02:19 PM
I knew he was a fraud.

I dunno, he wasted the prime of his career up there when they had no shot to win. Don't know how much loyal one can be.

r15mohd
07-01-2023, 02:35 PM
Heat is Butler's team though.

So he'll have to adjust and for his career, most people have taken his side with the Aldridge debacle and so on.

If he can't adjust, his rep might take a hit.

i think in this scenario, Butler is more than willing to be 1b or 2 option, and burst into the spotlight when needed. we saw it all playoffs when he let the role players shine, and dont see why he would change that if Dame came to Miami

we'll see - it's a great problem to have, no doubt

RRR3
07-01-2023, 03:13 PM
Dame Jimmy Bam will be great.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2023, 03:19 PM
I knew he was a fraud.

Should have demanded a trade years ago tbh. No front office is loyal, leave asap if there are better opportunities out there.

90sgoat
07-01-2023, 03:23 PM
Herro, Robinson, 2 first round picks and filler for Damian Lillard

Then sign Dwight Howard and Demarcus Cousins for backup bigs and call it an offseason.

Miami

Lillard | Lowry
Richardson | undrafted player
Butler | undrafted player
Love | Martin | Bryant
Adebayo | Howard | Cousins

That looks like making the Philly mistake.

Getting rid of all your white shooters and culture guys.

You need that diversity to win.

BallsOut
07-01-2023, 03:28 PM
That looks like making the Philly mistake.

Getting rid of all your white shooters and culture guys.

You need that diversity to win.

Kevin Love is white and Erik Spoelstra is Filipino

GOBB
07-01-2023, 04:27 PM
Soon...

Yeah go from Portland to sh*tty Brooklyn. That bad logic is first team. Congrats

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2023, 07:56 AM
The list of teams that have interest in Lillard is predictably long, and it’s known to include Philadelphia, the Clippers and Utah. (https://theathletic.com/4659589/2023/07/01/damian-lillard-trade-request-possible-destinations/?source=emp_shared_article) As Bleacher Report’s Chris Haynes reported, a third team would likely be necessary in a deal with the Heat. Miami would likely send guard Tyler Herro to Portland in a possible Lillard deal, but he makes little sense on a Blazers roster that is loaded with guards and would likely need to be re-routed to another team.

– via Sam Amick @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/4659589/2023/07/01/damian-lillard-trade-request-possible-destinations/?source=emp_shared_article)

Jazz should have the most to offer so we'll see how bad they want to bring him back to Utah where he is loved

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2023, 08:20 AM
Yeah go from Portland to sh*tty Brooklyn. That bad logic is first team. Congrats

from shitty Portland you mean?

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2023, 08:27 AM
The Bum, Olynyk, Talen and Simone for Dame works. 4 expiring contracts, picks, swaps etc.

Spurs m8
07-02-2023, 08:35 AM
Lol he waited for dlo and reeves just to keep that LeFraud door shut

r15mohd
07-02-2023, 08:46 AM

almost missed your lebron daily mentioning quota - glad you could invoke it into Dame / Heat thread :lol

GOBB
07-02-2023, 10:47 AM
from shitty Portland you mean?

If you needed me to to say that? Then yikes. It goes without saying my guy.

1987_Lakers
07-02-2023, 10:50 AM
If you needed me to to say that? Then yikes. It goes without saying my guy.

I told you Harrell would be ass for the Sixers.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2023, 10:53 AM
looks like Sexton would have to be in the trade if The Bum is out. They could keep Simone. The Bum and Dame can battle it out for worst shots :cry:

GOBB
07-02-2023, 01:21 PM
I told you Harrell would be ass for the Sixers.

And I don’t think I have a shit either. He was never a make or break acquisition.

Kblaze8855
07-02-2023, 03:23 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2307030051410362.jpeg

SouBeachTalents
07-02-2023, 03:26 PM
You are absolutely deranged :lol