PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Brooks got 4years 80million while Austin Reaves only managed 4 years 56million

BallsOut
07-01-2023, 08:01 PM
Austin Reaves got ripped off by his own franchise the Lakers with that mere 56 mill contract. Man Reaves lost out on at least 40 million dollars that’s gotta hurt. you have to think Austin Reaves regrets not waiting until July 6th for a better contract offer. Lakers did Austin Reaves wrong on this one. Dude got shafted.

Dillon Brooks laughing all the way to the bank.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2023, 08:03 PM
https://www.ocregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/imageedit_5_5830476725.jpg?w=1024

bison
07-01-2023, 08:05 PM
How’d the lakers rip him off? 56mil was the highest offer the lakers were legally allowed to make, and Austin was well within his right to reject that offer so who is the stupid one here? (Hint: it’s you). Go take a beginners course in free agency rules before making yourself look dumb here.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2023, 08:06 PM
DiVincenzo just got 50 million for 4 years from the Knicks, not close to the player Reaves is.

Pelinka taking souls.

bladefd
07-01-2023, 08:25 PM
Austin Reaves got ripped off by his own franchise the Lakers with that mere 56 mill contract. Man Reaves lost out on at least 40 million dollars that’s gotta hurt. you have to think Austin Reaves regrets not waiting until July 6th for a better contract offer. Lakers did Austin Reaves wrong on this one. Dude got shafted.

Dillon Brooks laughing all the way to the bank.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Who was going to offer more money? Only Spurs had the money and they didn't offer. Spurs knew Lakers would match.

Waiting wasn't going to help.

bladefd
07-01-2023, 08:26 PM
DiVincenzo just got 50 million for 4 years from the Knicks, not close to the player Reaves is.

Pelinka taking souls.

Divincenzo was unrestricted FA. Reaves was restricted FA.

1987_Lakers
07-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Divincenzo was unrestricted FA. Reaves was restricted FA.

Restricted FA or not, did anyone really see Reaves coming back for that cheap? I sure as hell didn't. Reports last week said they expected teams to offer 100 mil to Reaves, or close to it.

warriorfan
07-01-2023, 08:34 PM
He took a price cut to live in LA.

Can’t blame him really

coin24
07-01-2023, 08:34 PM
No team was going to offer him $100m..

Wake up to yourselves

1987_Lakers
07-01-2023, 08:36 PM
No team was going to offer him $100m..

Wake up to yourselves

Brooks got 80 mil
Old Draymond got 100 mil

Reaves is better than both who will only get better.

stfu.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2023, 08:37 PM
yea pelinka was smart there. publicly threw out lakers would match anything so no team made an offer sheet. cant offer a restricted free agent a contract since you need to wait days for other team to match. You'll lose out on other guys in free agency

bladefd
07-01-2023, 08:38 PM
Restricted FA or not, did anyone really see Reaves coming back for that cheap? I sure as hell didn't. Reports last week said they expected teams to offer 100 mil to Reaves, or close to it.

Lakers were going to match anything and had the leverage. Spurs weren't interested in that game.

bladefd
07-01-2023, 08:41 PM
yea pelinka was smart there. publicly threw out lakers would match anything so no team made an offer sheet. cant offer a restricted free agent a contract since you need to wait days for other team to match. You'll lose out on other guys in free agency

I think it's 5 days waiting period after offer sheet is signed. In that time, Lakers could continue to shop around for other players and match Reaves last. It's pretty much a poison pill.

coin24
07-01-2023, 08:45 PM
Brooks got 80 mil
Old Draymond got 100 mil

stfu.

Stfu tittyboy.. what happened to being a heat fan you piece of shit:roll:

1987_Lakers
07-01-2023, 08:46 PM
Stfu tittyboy.. what happened to being a heat fan you piece of shit:roll:

I'm not RRR3.

coin24
07-01-2023, 08:49 PM
I'm not RRR3.

Best insult ever then, you’re the same as that moron :roll:

r0drig0lac
07-01-2023, 09:41 PM
:facepalm

SATAN
07-02-2023, 12:08 AM
How’d the lakers rip him off? 56mil was the highest offer the lakers were legally allowed to make, and Austin was well within his right to reject that offer so who is the stupid one here? (Hint: it’s you). Go take a beginners course in free agency rules before making yourself look dumb here.

:lol

Another classic low IQ thread from OP.

Keep up the good work.

BallsOut
07-02-2023, 12:17 AM
Who was going to offer more money? Only Spurs had the money and they didn't offer. Spurs knew Lakers would match.

Waiting wasn't going to help.

They might have offered it if Reaves was patient enough to wait until July 6th. Instant gratification cost Reaves 44 million dollars. Ouch.

John8204
07-02-2023, 02:52 AM
50 million dollars and a shot at Taylor Swift's billions seems like a smart move to me

Spurs m8
07-02-2023, 06:13 AM
Reeves got ripped off hard...what's new...LeFraud and Rich Paul probably threatened him

bladefd
07-02-2023, 11:37 AM
They might have offered it if Reaves was patient enough to wait until July 6th. Instant gratification cost Reaves 44 million dollars. Ouch.

Lakers would match so why would spurs do it? Just to spite the Lakers?

tpols
07-02-2023, 12:48 PM
This is kinda scary. Reaves obviously doesn't care about money, he's all in it to win. He would rather be a champion than super rich. But when you think about it is your lifestyle going to be that different if you make 50 million or 100 million? At that point you're still living in a mansion, will have a beautiful woman, and drive the fanciest car around. There's not much to gain when you already make that much.

GOBB
07-02-2023, 01:27 PM
56/4 = 14. The guy is 25yrs old only having 2 years of nba experience. And only one notable season where he was solid. And somehow you dudes think he deserves more? Mind boggling

tpols
07-02-2023, 01:29 PM
56/4 = 14. The guy is 25yrs old only having 2 years of nba experience. And only one notable season where he was solid. And somehow you dudes think he deserves more? Mind boggling

Dillon Brooks has more experience and was garbage in the playoffs, while Reaves for a supporting player went off. Mind boggling is how brooks got way more money than Reaves.

Ask Laker fans if they'd rather have brooks brick laying ass over Reaves sniper shooting and slashing and playmaking and still solid defense and they'd tell you to kick rocks.

PP34Deuce
07-02-2023, 01:47 PM
Reaves at 25 will have another 50-100M dollar contract for him at 29.

He hoops. He comes from a good family so I don't believe generational wealth is nearly as important to him cause trust me $56M guaranteed with another $2M in endorsements is enough to be set if he's living like he makes $2M a year.

tomtucker
07-02-2023, 01:56 PM
Brooks got 80 mil
Old Draymond got 100 mil

stfu.

Absolutely correct.... it's very strange.

tomtucker
07-02-2023, 02:00 PM
And that moron Lamelo Ball gets 50 mil a year or some shit like that.

Why do teams overpay so much??
you are not gonna win a chip anyway.

GOBB
07-02-2023, 04:03 PM
Dillon Brooks has more experience and was garbage in the playoffs, while Reaves for a supporting player went off. Mind boggling is how brooks got way more money than Reaves.

Ask Laker fans if they'd rather have brooks brick laying ass over Reaves sniper shooting and slashing and playmaking and still solid defense and they'd tell you to kick rocks.

What exactly does that matter? This dude had 1 damn season at age 25 and got $14mil. And folks say he deserves more. That’s mind boggling. And even more funny that folks are listing other players who were overpaid. So Reaves should get what Dillon Brooks did? I’m lost at what one player getting a contract they didn’t deserve has anything to do with a player with 1 year worth noting they got $14mil per off the rip.

I’ve seen fan bases over value a player one season and the next crickets. So asking laker fans that question is pointless. Where are the Duncan Robinson fans at again?

GOBB
07-02-2023, 04:10 PM
Absolutely correct.... it's very strange.

How is Reaves better than both? Forget the contracts. Let’s talk basketball. But first can toy and others set aside your dislike for brooks and green before even talking basketball and who the better players are? If not then no point discussing. Because that’s why folks make statements like Austin Reaves is better than both stems from. He had one solid year. ONE. ONE

1987_Lakers
07-02-2023, 04:16 PM
How is Reaves better than both? Forget the contracts. Let’s talk basketball.

I mean, Draymond in the situation he is can be better at times than Reaves, but Draymond is 33 which means he will only get worse as a player, will be getting 25 million a year at age 35-37, bad value. Reaves is 25 and just had playoff run where he averaged 17/4/5. As far as Brooks? You can't be serious.

tpols
07-02-2023, 04:18 PM
What exactly does that matter? This dude had 1 damn season at age 25 and got $14mil. And folks say he deserves more. That’s mind boggling. And even more funny that folks are listing other players who were overpaid. So Reaves should get what Dillon Brooks did? I’m lost at what one player getting a contract they didn’t deserve has anything to do with a player with 1 year worth noting they got $14mil per off the rip.

I’ve seen fan bases over value a player one season and the next crickets. So asking laker fans that question is pointless. Where are the Duncan Robinson fans at again?

Comparing Reaves to Duncan Robinson... shows you don't know what you're talking about. Reaves has a legit dribble and playmaking game. You may as well be comparing Dragic or Manu to Steve Novak or Kyle Korver. Just because they're all white doesn't mean they play the same.

1987_Lakers
07-02-2023, 04:20 PM
Comparing Reaves to Duncan Robinson... shows you don't know what you're talking about. Reaves has a legit dribble and playmaking game. You may as well be comparing Dragic or Manu to Steve Novak or Kyle Korver.

For real. Kid is the real deal. Just because he's white people assume he's just a shooter, far from it, has some nice handles and playmaking in his arsenal. Only aspect you can knock on Reaves is his defense.

Axe
07-02-2023, 04:42 PM
I mean, Draymond in the situation he is can be better at times than Reaves, but Draymond is 33 which means he will only get worse as a player, will be getting 25 million a year at age 35-37, bad value. Reaves is 25 and just had playoff run where he averaged 17/4/5. As far as Brooks? You can't be serious.
I'm sure nobody is an exception to this. Even the mighty king kong himself.

GOBB
07-02-2023, 04:45 PM
Comparing Reaves to Duncan Robinson... shows you don't know what you're talking about. Reaves has a legit dribble and playmaking game. You may as well be comparing Dragic or Manu to Steve Novak or Kyle Korver. Just because they're all white doesn't mean they play the same.

I swear you dudes here are stuck on stupid. Where did I compare their games? I have to continuously hold the back of your bikes to teach you how to ride. Tragic.

This has EVERYTHING to do with a player having ONE good year and the hyperbole bunch come running out of the woodwork. Dude got $14mil per off of one season at age 25. I mentioned Duncan Robinson because he too had ONE good season where fans like yourself started gobbling up his nutsac and started doing the “he’s a better shooter than blah blah blah”. Those fans are now MIA, o pun intended. You want me to list black players next? How about biracial? Euros only? Who the hell said Duncan Robison and Austin Reaves have the same game?

This is me reading replies of folks acting like Austin Reaves hasn’t proven anything. And was given $54mil guaranteed at age 25 off of one hood season. And how that’s not good enough. He deserves more. Look what Dillon brooks got. Reaves is better. Mind boggling!

GOBB
07-02-2023, 04:47 PM
For real. Kid is the real deal. Just because he's white people assume he's just a shooter, far from it, has some nice handles and playmaking in his arsenal. Only aspect you can knock on Reaves is his defense.

Jeremy Lin was also the “real deal” at one point too.

GOBB
07-02-2023, 04:51 PM

I specifically asked you to forget contracts and let’s talk basketball. And you went straight to contracts. And have the nerve to say “you can’t be serious”. I asked you what makes him a better player than those two. And you can’t even answer. It proves my point. You can always try a second time.

warriorfan
07-03-2023, 01:09 PM
Gobb is some east coast ****** who goes to bed at 9 pm and doesn’t even watch western conference games

Get the **** out of here and save your shitty takes for players you actually watch

Duffy Pratt
07-03-2023, 04:43 PM
Was there another serious contender in a realistic position to offer him more?

And in the real world (not the NBA), how many people would legitimately be pissed to only be making 14 million/year for the next four years.

Seems to me he's making monopoly money and in a position to be a key player on a potential championship team. How is that a bad deal?

GOBB
07-03-2023, 07:49 PM
Gobb is some east coast ****** who goes to bed at 9 pm and doesn’t even watch western conference games

Get the **** out of here and save your shitty takes for players you actually watch

I live in Arizona. But go ahead tell me more. Also when I give my takes on players on the east coast you still chime in like so. So what are you even saying b*tch?

GOBB
07-03-2023, 07:55 PM
Was there another serious contender in a realistic position to offer him more?

And in the real world (not the NBA), how many people would legitimately be pissed to only be making 14 million/year for the next four years.

Seems to me he's making monopoly money and in a position to be a key player on a potential championship team. How is that a bad deal?

The guy is 25 with one good season. Not great. Not elite. And got rewarded $56mil guaranteed over the next 4 years. And idiots here actually think he got lowballed, shafted. It’s mind boggling.

And what’s annoying is posters here are slow. They read a post like this and interpret it as me saying Austin Reaves is a tuna can. He’s dog water. He flat out can’t get better. When all I’m saying is how the hell does he justify getting any more than the deal he was offered? Based on what Dillon brooks and Draymond green received? Ridiculous

Axe
07-03-2023, 09:52 PM
I live in Arizona. But go ahead tell me more. Also when I give my takes on players on the east coast you still chime in like so. So what are you even saying b*tch?
Forget about him. He smokes too much crack. :oldlol:

warriorfan
07-03-2023, 11:49 PM

oh, you’re just retarded then

nice

BallsOut
07-04-2023, 01:23 AM
The guy is 25 with one good season. Not great. Not elite. And got rewarded $56mil guaranteed over the next 4 years. And idiots here actually think he got lowballed, shafted. It’s mind boggling.

And what’s annoying is posters here are slow. They read a post like this and interpret it as me saying Austin Reaves is a tuna can. He’s dog water. He flat out can’t get better. When all I’m saying is how the hell does he justify getting any more than the deal he was offered? Based on what Dillon brooks and Draymond green received? Ridiculous

Brooks is 28? And had a terrible season. Even he managed 80 mill while Austin sold himself short. Not much more to it.

Hey Yo
07-04-2023, 01:46 AM
Brooks is 28? And had a terrible season. Even he managed 80 mill while Austin sold himself short. Not much more to it.

You're retarded

GOBB
07-04-2023, 08:59 AM

Dillon brooks has a body of work to go off on. He has a 2nd team all nba defense. He has a playoff series to highlight. He has nba experience. Would I give brooks $80mil? Hell no. But you’re not going to provide a better argument that a 25yr old with only one good season deserves more than $14mil over 4 years. Lacks any type of logic. He went from a 2 way contract where he made under $1mil to now $14mil the next 4 years off one good season. And he sold himself short? Yeah you dudes are remedial

tomtucker
07-04-2023, 12:58 PM
It's obviously racism.

No one have trust in a white guy, and def. not this pale......

he should have worked on his tan if he wanted to get paid like the rest of the scrubs that just netted 200+ mil.

NBA owners and coaches have as much faith in white players as they (and you guys on ish) have in a black life guard at the beach.

warriorfan
07-04-2023, 01:23 PM
Dillon brooks has a body of work to go off on. He has a 2nd team all nba defense. He has a playoff series to highlight. He has nba experience. Would I give brooks $80mil? Hell no. But you’re not going to provide a better argument that a 25yr old with only one good season deserves more than $14mil over 4 years. Lacks any type of logic. He went from a 2 way contract where he made under $1mil to now $14mil the next 4 years off one good season. And he sold himself short? Yeah you dudes are remedial

Brooks has a body of work, in 20+ playoff games he has a TS% of 47 percent. lol. Plus he’s a cancerous teammate and a lame ass dude all around. “but he can play defense!”. since when do one dimensional hustle players get contracts like that? If you would rather have Dillon Brooks on your team over Austin Reaves you are one of the dumbest mother ****ers I have ever seen. Do us all a favor and stop talking basketball.

BallsOut
07-04-2023, 01:55 PM

Retarded take from a retarded poster. No wonder you stopped posting you don’t know shit about Reaves and Brooks. Oh 2nd team defense did you just Google that?

GOBB
07-04-2023, 02:05 PM
Brooks has a body of work, in 20+ playoff games he has a TS% of 47 percent. lol. Plus he’s a cancerous teammate and a lame ass dude all around. “but he can play defense!”. since when do one dimensional hustle players get contracts like that? If you would rather have Dillon Brooks on your team over Austin Reaves you are one of the dumbest mother ****ers I have ever seen. Do us all a favor and stop talking basketball.

Your comprehension skills are bad. But yeah give Austin Reaves the same deal as Dillon Brooks. He’s well worth it. :hammerhead:

1987_Lakers
07-04-2023, 02:09 PM

Terrible post. You are that dude who was probably a big fan back in 2006 and was up to date about everything, but then you stopped watching basketball years ago but still pretend that you are up to date about current players. I remember you going crazy over Harrell when the Sixers signed him last year, I remember getting into a debate with you about Tom Brady vs Joe Montana a few years back where you were adamant Joe Montana was greater, how did that work out for you? Your time has passed gramps.

ShawkFactory
07-04-2023, 02:12 PM

I honestly understand what you’re saying but you seem be completely ignoring both the overall nature of the market right now, and the idea that most think that what Reaves showed in the last 6 months is better than anything Brooks has ever given us. Regardless of it being in less time.

GOBB
07-04-2023, 02:13 PM
Retarded take from a retarded poster. No wonder you stopped posting you don’t know shit about Reaves and Brooks. Oh 2nd team defense did you just Google that?

I know brooks got overpaid. And I know Reaves got paid enough for a guy who hasn’t proven crap. He went from making under $1mil last summer to $14mil the next. With just being…good. But hey in your minds he deserves even more money. Dumb and dumber

GOBB
07-04-2023, 02:18 PM
I honestly understand what you’re saying but you seem be completely ignoring both the overall nature of the market right now, and the idea that most think that what Reaves showed in the last 6 months is better than anything Brooks has ever given us. Regardless of it being in less time.

Bruh you can say that about a lot of players. Just not Reaves. It doesn’t negate the fact Reaves was given $56mil guaranteed for one good season. How is that it not enough because Brooks was overpaid by Houston? What does Austin Reaves deserve now that Brooks was given $80mil given this market you speak of.

Bottom line Reaves made out.

ShawkFactory
07-04-2023, 02:36 PM
Bruh you can say that about a lot of players. Just not Reaves. It doesn’t negate the fact Reaves was given $56mil guaranteed for one good season. How is that it not enough because Brooks was overpaid by Houston? What does Austin Reaves deserve now that Brooks was given $80mil given this market you speak of.

Bottom line Reaves made out.

Again you’re ignoring the market. If eggs cost $5 for 12 on average you’re getting steal if you get them for $3.50.

What you’re doing is saying hell no to paying even 3.50 because they used to be $2.50. That’s a fine sentiment to have but you just aren’t going to have any eggs then.

He settled, and maybe there are several reasons for it but he could have absolutely gotten more somewhere.

GOBB
07-04-2023, 02:47 PM
Again you’re ignoring the market. If eggs cost $5 for 12 on average you’re getting steal if you get them for $3.50.

What you’re doing is saying hell no to paying even 3.50 because they used to be $2.50. That’s a fine sentiment to have but you just aren’t going to have any eggs then.

He settled, and maybe there are several reasons for it but he could have absolutely gotten more somewhere.

The issue is no he could not have gotten more. That’s what you dudes aren’t comprehending here. He’s done nothing to justify he should be getting more than what he was offered. Or as much as Dillon brooks who was overpaid. That’s not how it works.

warriorfan
07-04-2023, 03:59 PM
Hey Gobb

https://media.tenor.com/pgqf6BDXADIAAAAC/the-office-steve-carell.gif

ShawkFactory
07-04-2023, 04:06 PM
The issue is no he could not have gotten more. That’s what you dudes aren’t comprehending here. He’s done nothing to justify he should be getting more than what he was offered. Or as much as Dillon brooks who was overpaid. That’s not how it works.

Is it? Go look at some of the contracts currently in place. Then we’ll look at some that are signed in the next few weeks.

GOBB
07-04-2023, 04:12 PM
Is it? Go look at some of the contracts currently in place. Then we’ll look at some that are signed in the next few weeks.

What teams could have offered him more? There weren’t many teams with cap space to begin with.

Carbine
07-04-2023, 09:53 PM
I've been saying it for years - GOBB is super washed at this point. Like if MJ would have came back at age 45.

GOBB is just plain dumb in this thread. Shooting 2-26 with 8 turnovers type shit.

Austin is like 95 percent of what Gordan Hayward was in Utah. The talent level is very very similar. To get him for what the Lakers did this off season considering the market value of other players, is an absolute steal. It's one of the best value contracts in the league right now.

GOBB
07-05-2023, 06:40 AM
I've been saying it for years - GOBB is super washed at this point. Like if MJ would have came back at age 45.

GOBB is just plain dumb in this thread. Shooting 2-26 with 8 turnovers type shit.

Austin is like 95 percent of what Gordan Hayward was in Utah. The talent level is very very similar. To get him for what the Lakers did this off season considering the market value of other players, is an absolute steal. It's one of the best value contracts in the league right now.

And people here for years have been telling you this. No one takes anything you say seriously. You’re the type to post in depth well thought out posts and folks gloss over it. And I know it kills you inside the lack of acknowledgement. Your name would never be in the header of topics here. You’d never get ask where you are, what’s he up too. You’ll never have folks saying remember when gobb (good or bad). Maybe just create a gimmick account and the attention you seek that way. :confusedshrug:

WhiteKyrie
07-05-2023, 09:35 AM
Basketball racism. Being compared purely from skin color. They play nothing alike. AR15 can create off the dribble. DR is a catch and shoot guy.

GOBB
07-05-2023, 09:50 AM
Basketball racism. Being compared purely from skin color. They play nothing alike. AR15 can create off the dribble. DR is a catch and shoot guy.

Never once did I compare games. The comprehension level here is low. But hey rejoice the “white mamba”, “AR15”. Just keep that same energy if he doesn’t emerge into something better than what we have seen. I’ll be here. You most likely will have a new username by then. P

bison
07-05-2023, 06:49 PM
GOBB cleaning house here, taking on all challengers and tossing them over the ring like midgets.

DMAVS41
07-06-2023, 02:10 PM

Reaves is absolutely not 95% as Good as Hayward was. Maybe he can get there, but he is not close to that yet.

tpols
07-06-2023, 03:20 PM
Never once did I compare games. The comprehension level here is low. But hey rejoice the “white mamba”, “AR15”. Just keep that same energy if he doesn’t emerge into something better than what we have seen. I’ll be here. You most likely will have a new username by then. P

You don't have to wait to hate on the guy just because what you're saying here doesn't add up.

Nobody would take Dillon Brooks over Reaves in a straight swap. You factor in the 30 million dollar difference and it's a landslide in Reaves favor.

And that isn't to say because Reaves is some super star. It's mostly because brooks sucks ass. And we saw Reaves destroy him in the playoffs.

imdaman99
07-06-2023, 07:09 PM
Y'all overrate AR15 way too much. He's good but he always has the weakest defender covering him. Lol at Dillon Brooks being wasted covering him, no he was guarding LeBron, not the 5th option.

Carbine
07-06-2023, 07:41 PM
Reaves is absolutely not 95% as Good as Hayward was. Maybe he can get there, but he is not close to that yet.

Not close?

He shoots it just as good from range, I'd actually say better if we're going to guess what Reaves does in the future. He's just as good a playmaker. He's the same type of rebounder.

GH better on defense but it's not like GH was some great defender.

Skill for skill he's right there with GH. If he got first option reps like GH did in Utah his numbers would look extremely similar.

You can't help but be impressed what Reaves skill set. He showed everything you'd want to see from a #3 option and then some on a title contender.

DMAVS41
07-06-2023, 09:50 PM
Not close?

He shoots it just as good from range, I'd actually say better if we're going to guess what Reaves does in the future. He's just as good a playmaker. He's the same type of rebounder.

GH better on defense but it's not like GH was some great defender.

Skill for skill he's right there with GH. If he got first option reps like GH did in Utah his numbers would look extremely similar.

You can't help but be impressed what Reaves skill set. He showed everything you'd want to see from a #3 option and then some on a title contender.

Yes, he is not close to what Hayward did at his best in Utah. Even just using the limited sample in the playoffs...Reaves was not the player Hayward was. But even if I were to grant that, I think our difference is that I clearly care more about sample size. Reaves is clearly a good player and of course we were all impressed with not only his skillset, but his toughness as well in the playoffs.

I just need to see it for a full regular season and a playoffs.

Hayward, in 16 and 17, was a legit all-star caliber player and, imo, was the best player on a 50 win team in 2017.

Not saying Reaves can't be that, but it is a totally different situation when you are relied upon as the best offensive player on a team. I also think Hayward was better defensively, but I will say that Reaves works really hard on that end. I agree Reaves would have better numbers as the first option, but I don't really care much about the numbers. Personally, I don't think Reaves could be relied upon night in night out as the best offensive player the way Hayward was.

Not gonna knock Reaves...I really like him and enjoy watching him play. I just think guys should have to prove a bit more than a good 16 game stretch before we start saying they are about as good as Hayward was at his best.

GOBB
07-06-2023, 11:37 PM
You don't have to wait to hate on the guy just because what you're saying here doesn't add up.

Nobody would take Dillon Brooks over Reaves in a straight swap. You factor in the 30 million dollar difference and it's a landslide in Reaves favor.

And that isn't to say because Reaves is some super star. It's mostly because brooks sucks ass. And we saw Reaves destroy him in the playoffs.

You’re really not saying much of anything. This isn’t here either. This is fans taking a small sample size and going overboard. I’ve seen it too many times. And those same fans are never around with all their “facts” and “conviction”. You didn’t see me compare Reaves to Brooks, Robinson or anyone. Yet you goofballs do. And for what reason? The whole point is he got paid fairly for a guy who only has one good season under his bel. Not two, not three. Not even a full season One, at age 25. And was rewarded $56mil dollars. And folks are saying he deserved more and should have received it.

The irony some of you are the same ones in threads talking about players who got overpaid, didn’t deserve this much money blah blah blah. Mind boggling. But how this board works is you don’t comprehend what’s said. You have that person break down what they said and still can’t comprehend it. You speak about things as if it’s facts. You make up things a person never said. And then say someone is dumb. Par for the course on ISH. Nothings changed sadly. Oh yes there are good posters here. Don’t want you to read what I said inaccurately which you will. :hammerhead:

GOBB
11-02-2023, 02:45 AM
Lakers really underpaid AR15. I see a franchise player on a peanuts deal. Just wow. :bowdown:

tomtucker
11-02-2023, 04:02 AM
It's racism of course.
NBA is a black league.

Had Austin been black... or even part time black, he would have gotten the money he deserves.

GOBB
11-12-2023, 07:42 PM
It's racism of course.
NBA is a black league.

Had Austin been black... or even part time black, he would have gotten the money he deserves.

Retarded take. Lou Williams never got paid the money he deserved.

red1
11-12-2023, 07:45 PM
brooks has a lot of heart

even though he got dealt with in the first round last year he still treats every game like a finals game 7

gotta respect it

Manny98
11-12-2023, 09:33 PM
The way Brooks has been playing on the Rockets so far, 4 years 80 million is looking like a bargain :applause:

Reeves on the other hand has been demoted to the bench 10 games into the year

Proctor
11-12-2023, 10:49 PM

Sheesh.

GOBB has made some braindead posts in this thread but somehow this went mostly glossed over. You should have just left it at a steal and great value contract but instead had to say something monumentally stupid.

1987_Lakers
12-10-2023, 12:55 AM
Lakers really underpaid AR15. I see a franchise player on a peanuts deal. Just wow. :bowdown:

Reaves averaging 15|5|5 on 50fg% since Gobb made this post, beats Brooks in every statistical category.

More proof that you are out of touch with today's league.

NBAGOAT
12-10-2023, 01:04 AM
Reaves averaging 15|5|5 on 50fg% since Gobb made this post, beats Brooks in every statistical category.

Eh dillons been really good this year actually been playing up to his contract. He completely transformed his shot selection and still all-defense caliber. 3rd best player on a decent team with only one star in sengun. Austin is obviously underpaid still and deserved at least something like bogdan bogdanovics extension

1987_Lakers
03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Brooks has cooled off considerably after his hot start. Has a FG% of around 40% since January. Currently at 13|3|2 on 56 TS% for the season.

Reaves on the other hand at 16|6|4 on 62 TS%.

That doesn't include tonight's game where he just dropped 29|14|10

Gobb made a fool out of himself yet again.

Carbine
03-26-2024, 10:58 PM
He always does, from about 2013-current.

I wonder what Reaves numbers would be on a shitty team with high usage. I think he would have a chance at 25/5/5 is this era.

1987_Lakers
03-26-2024, 11:03 PM
He always does, from about 2013-current.

I wonder what Reaves numbers would be on a shitty team with high usage. I think he would have a chance at 25/5/5 is this era.

He's basically a less athletic version of Ginobili, very crafty, love his game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVqMIgY3nc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQlsysbSrd4

Carbine
03-26-2024, 11:03 PM
It's also funny how overrated Gordon is. He was an under 20 ppg scorer for almost his entire career and was a average playmaker at best. Usually averaging 3/4 assists.

You'd think I was saying he was 95 percent of Mitch Richmond or something. He never finished with ANY mvp voting points in his career and was a one time all star.

BarberSchool
03-27-2024, 12:14 AM
Imagine watching the game, and thinking like this.

@OP, guess what?
Most athletes will take 15-20million less over a few years contract, to stay with a team they like, in a city they like…. And in order to ALLOW the organization to sign other good role players, increasing their chance on winning another ring.

Not everyone is a zero sum bean counting selfish, anti-team-chemistry jerkoff like you.

bison
03-27-2024, 12:28 AM
Rui and D’Lo have been rolling too at just the right time. All three players on team friendly deals. Rob Pelinka is a damn genius

FultzNationRISE
03-27-2024, 12:56 AM
Rui and D’Lo have been rolling too at just the right time. All three players on team friendly deals. Rob Pelinka is a damn genius

Theyre ninth place in the conference. “Damn genius” feels excessive.

If they dont get up into that first play-in bracket and nab the seventh seed, theyre likely looking at a date with Denver, IF they win both play-in games to secure the 8 seed. Theyre currently two games back on that 7/8 play-in contest.

It’s still looks fairly grim for the Lakers.

tpols
03-27-2024, 01:30 PM
Crazy that AR went undrafted. Super clutch player and shooter. Triple double last night on the road vs the fully load Bucks. And buried Dame in crunchtime.

beasted
03-27-2024, 02:05 PM

Reaves is pretty lackluster defensively and that's part of the reason US got clapped in FIBA. I think they essentially balance out considering Brooks is much better defensively and Reaves is better offensively. If one is better than the other it's not by much.

rawimpact
03-27-2024, 03:52 PM

Such a stupid take...

SATAN
03-27-2024, 04:09 PM
Crazy that AR went undrafted.

He wanted to play with the Lakers so waited it out.

Had a great game against the Bucks. That game was extremely good. So intense.

fsvr54
03-27-2024, 04:39 PM

Pelinka taking souls.

DiVincenzo is way better than Reaves. Lay off the crack

beasted
03-27-2024, 05:02 PM
DiVincenzo is way better than Reaves. Lay off the crack

What's with this hyperbole? "WAY" better?

C'mon, son.

fsvr54
03-27-2024, 06:01 PM
Ain't no dude that looks like Austin Reaves is ever ballin me up. Call me racist

rawimpact
03-28-2024, 08:16 AM
Ain't no dude that looks like Austin Reaves is ever ballin me up. Call me racist

You're not racist, just a idiot. That said Austin Reaves is a sleeper

Media Moderator
03-28-2024, 10:46 AM

You don't have to worry about that. Just park their cars when they throw you the keys

SATAN
03-28-2024, 11:48 AM

You are short.