07-02-2023, 08:58 AM
Paul Pierce = Jayson Tatum
Kevin Garnett = Kristaps Porzingis
Ray Allen = Damian Lillard
Doc Rivers = Joe Mazzulla

seems logical

Wally450
07-02-2023, 09:25 AM
Yikes. Don’t ever compare Porzingis to KG.

Real Men Wear Green
07-02-2023, 09:36 AM
Lillaird doesn't want to come here so no they shouldn't.

JohnMax
07-03-2023, 07:51 PM
I'm even more convinced now he'll be traded to Celtics after realizing they have the type of players Lillard likes playing with.

Aldridge = Horford
Nurkic = Porzingis
McCollum= Tatum

He likes skilled bigs and skilled guards that can shoot.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2023, 08:04 PM
Boston wants him but who are they giving up? Miami has more as do many other teams

Real Men Wear Green
07-03-2023, 08:32 PM
I'm even more convinced now he'll be traded to Celtics after realizing they have the type of players Lillard likes playing with.

Aldridge = Horford
Nurkic = Porzingis
McCollum= Tatum

He likes skilled bigs and skilled guards that can shoot.
Comparing Tatum to McCollum is kind of insane. I'm not even calling it an insult they're just completely different.

Real Men Wear Green
07-03-2023, 08:33 PM
Boston wants him but who are they giving up? Miami has more as do many other teams

Boston has fast more assets but I'm not sure who would be on the table.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2023, 09:07 PM
Boston has fast more assets but I'm not sure who would be on the table.

unless Brown or Tatum is on the table than no they don't.

Real Men Wear Green
07-03-2023, 09:28 PM
unless Brown or Tatum is on the table than no they don't.

If Miami isn't offering butler or Bam then yes they do. White and Williams are not worth Lillaird but neither is a Heat package that excludes their top two players.

Xiao Yao You
07-03-2023, 10:08 PM
If Miami isn't offering butler or Bam then yes they do. White and Williams are not worth Lillaird but neither is a Heat package that excludes their top two players.

Pelicans want him and it sounds like Ingram or Zion are available. With the Wolves I would assume it would be Towns possibly Gobert. Jazz have the picks. Sixers have Maxey and rumor has it the deal would be done if he was available.

JohnMax
07-04-2023, 01:58 AM
Bill Simmons says Celtics should trade for Lillard at 14:20 mark of the podcast.

https://player.fm/series/the-bill-simmons-podcast-1512037/part-1-does-portland-have-to-trade-dame-did-philly-ruin-things-with-embiid-nba-offseason-questions-with-ryen-russillo

Real Men Wear Green
07-04-2023, 06:44 AM
Pelicans want him and it sounds like Ingram or Zion are available. With the Wolves I would assume it would be Towns possibly Gobert. Jazz have the picks. Sixers have Maxey and rumor has it the deal would be done if he was available.
It's more likely that he doesn't end up in Boston but we were only talking about Miami vs Boston non star assets.

Although edit: No way in hell are they trading him for gobert. They would sooner move him for Herro.

Xiao Yao You
07-04-2023, 08:20 AM
It's more likely that he doesn't end up in Boston but we were only talking about Miami vs Boston non star assets.

Although edit: No way in hell are they trading him for gobert. They would sooner move him for Herro.

you were just talking Boston and Miami. I wasn't. If another team is offering a young star why would they take Boston or Miami's deal?

Says they want to remain competitive so Gobert would certainly be on the table. I'd guess it would be Towns though. He's younger and the Wolves would rather keep the better player. They don't want Herro. Have too many guards

GOBB
07-04-2023, 08:40 AM
I’m kind of slapping myself for thinking about pulling a trigger with a Maxey invoked deal for Dame. I think Dame is a perfect complimentary star player to a superstar (Embiid). Does Dame change anything in a Boston series in place of James Harden? I love Maxey for him steadily improving his game. He’s young hungry and never content. But I’m not going to be one of those guys who would dare argue he’s more valuable than a Dame Lillard either. I’m just not overly confident dame in place of harden makes us that much better. Maybe I’m buggin. Maybe Boston is just a franchise that uses chest codes when playing the Sixers so don’t matter who we have.

Yes I know Dame doesn’t have Philly down on his list.

JohnMax
07-04-2023, 02:15 PM
Bill Simmons says Celtics should trade for Lillard at 14:20 mark of the podcast.

https://player.fm/series/the-bill-simmons-podcast-1512037/part-1-does-portland-have-to-trade-dame-did-philly-ruin-things-with-embiid-nba-offseason-questions-with-ryen-russillo

Someone wrote an article on this

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/07/04/blazers-damian-lilard-trade-celtics-jaylen-brown

Clifton
07-04-2023, 02:22 PM
OP's parallels are insane, but I wish thread topic would happen as well. They wouldn't be the 08 Celtics, it would be more like Lebron's Cavs but with way better defense (and, of course, without Lebron).

Lillaird doesn't want to come here so no they shouldn't.
This is right, but does anyone know why? He would be perfect for them, and this would be his best shot at a title, not Miami. He'd complement Tatum well and would be able to provide the culture and leadership that Tatum doesn't seem to have in him.

Jalen Brown for Dame. No picks needed.

Real Men Wear Green
07-04-2023, 02:45 PM
OP's parallels are insane, but I wish thread topic would happen as well. They wouldn't be the 08 Celtics, it would be more like Lebron's Cavs but with way better defense (and, of course, without Lebron).

This is right, but does anyone know why? He would be perfect for them, and this would be his best shot at a title, not Miami. He'd complement Tatum well and would be able to provide the culture and leadership that Tatum doesn't seem to have in him.

Jalen Brown for Dame. No picks needed.

He is good friends with Bam Adebayo and maybe Butler as well. So if he enters the rivalry he wants to be in their side of it. He is a better player than Brown right now but I'm good with Brown because Brown has been improving his whole career and has reached All-NBAlevel. Celtics have had bad luck with small scoring guards and injuries, first with IT (who got done wrong but that's business) and then Kemba Walker (if he hadn't been hurt that may have been a championship in the bubble).

ArbitraryWater
07-04-2023, 08:42 PM
bump cause some idiot made a thread

JohnMax
07-05-2023, 08:23 PM
I just realized both Ray Allen and Damian Lillard played for a team that is geographically located in Pacific Northwest.

More evidence that they're interlinked. That's why Lillard wants to play for Ray Allen's former team, the Miami Heat.

Good thing Portland controls his fate because he's obviously trying to run away from his destiny of playing for the Boston Celtics.

Manny98
07-06-2023, 08:35 AM
Lillard would probably retire if he was traded to Boston :roll:

Clifton
07-06-2023, 09:08 AM
He is good friends with Bam Adebayo and maybe Butler as well. So if he enters the rivalry he wants to be in their side of it.
That makes sense :/

He is a better player than Brown right now but I'm good with Brown because Brown has been improving his whole career and has reached All-NBAlevel.
Jalen Brown is like the girlfriend you have to constantly talk yourself into, and it goes on 18 months too long, and then you inevitably break up and wonder why you didn't do this sooner. He just leaves me cold. Yes, he improves every year, yes, he made an all-NBA team. Yes, you get along well with her brother, yes, your friends like her, yes, she's talented and smart and hard-working, and really, she's great, it's just that you don't deserve her, that's all, and...

Just not in love, I don't know what to say. When it really comes down to it the magic's not there. It's just hard to leave a 9/10 when you don't know what's around the next corner.

bison
07-06-2023, 11:08 AM
they should trade Scrotum for lillard straight up and then waive jaylen clown.

Kblaze8855
07-06-2023, 02:33 PM
One of the main Boston writers is saying the Celtics told him they aren’t going to try to talk Jaylen down from his Supermax and aren’t going to trade him so I guess that’s that

bluechox2
07-06-2023, 08:05 PM
Miami has a trash bag to offer, while they ask other teams for top young players...

JohnMax
07-11-2023, 10:41 PM
https://nesn.com/bets/2023/07/celtics-gain-traction-in-damian-lillard-next-team-market/

Celtics gain traction in Damian Lillard next team market

Public bettors don't seem to care where Lillard's preferred destination is

The Celtics reportedly inquired with Portland on a Lillard trade, and the Los Angeles Clippers reportedly also are among teams interested in the All-NBA star. But Lillard remained adamant he only wants to be traded to Miami, according to The Athletic’s Shams Charania on Monday.

Public bettors on the next team market thought otherwise. Boston opened at 20-1 to be Lillard’s next team (odds opened prior to his trade request). That number climbed to +650 on Tuesday. This means a $100 bet at open would have paid out $2,100, and the same bet made Tuesday would pay out $750.

The Heat at -270 and the Trail Blazers at +475 have shorter odds than Boston. The Clippers round out the top four at +950.

JohnMax
07-12-2023, 10:37 AM
https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/damian-lillard-linked-celtics-clippers/617477

Reporter links Damian Lillard to 2 teams other than Heat

Shams Charania of The Athletic spoke about the Lillard situation during a Monday appearance on “The Pat McAfee Show.” He said teams other than the Heat are doing “back-channel research” to find out if Lillard would even want to play for them. Two of those teams are the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers.

“In those cases where teams have done their back-channel research to find out what Dame is thinking and would he want to play for us, whether it’s the Clippers or the Celtics — those are among the teams I have heard that have had a level of interest in Dame Lillard,” Charania said. “The answer has been a resounding ‘no.’ He wants to be in Miami, period. If you trade for him, I think there’s the risk of trading for a disgruntled player.”