Jackson Jr
Adams

Kings
Fox
Huerter
Barnes | Euroleague MVP
Murray
Sabonis

Honorable mention to them young legs in Oklahoma City and New Orleans. And them wildcards Mavs and Wolves. Spurs also a sleeper team with Yama man.

SouBeachTalents
07-02-2023, 05:32 PM
Why are we still including the Clippers :lol Kawhi seems literally incapable of staying healthy, and PG is starting to look that way too. Don't forget about the Mavs, if Luka & Kyrie find a way to make it work they won't be an easy out for anyone.

If Dame goes to Miami, the East will have a very formidable top 3 too.

tpols
07-02-2023, 05:34 PM
Yea I feel like the league has improved. I remember the days when Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis were your 1st round opponents. Now you have to face off on Luka and Kyrie or Butler and Bam. Every path feels like a gauntlet where as usually the 1st round was a free pass.

BallsOut
07-02-2023, 05:42 PM
Why are we still including the Clippers :lol Kawhi seems literally incapable of staying healthy, and PG is starting to look that way too. Don't forget about the Mavs, if Luka & Kyrie find a way to make it work they won't be an easy out for anyone.

If Dame goes to Miami, the East will have a very formidable top 3 too.

Technically Westbrook pickup was clutch for them. Helps George and Leonard load manage in the regular season so they can play in the post. Learned that one from the Lakers

SouBeachTalents
07-02-2023, 05:47 PM
Technically Westbrook pickup was clutch for them. Helps George and Leonard load manage in the regular season so they can play in the post. Learned that one from the Lakers
They could load manage Kawhi the entire season and I still wouldn't trust him to stay healthy for the playoffs. He couldn't even stay on the court more than 2 games these past playoffs :lol

Imo it's a complete waste of time talking about them as contenders until they prove otherwise. Kawhi manages to play more than 2 rounds, I'll take them seriously.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2023, 06:13 PM
forgot the Jazz who were tough last year and much improved

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2023, 07:32 PM
Yea I feel like the league has improved. I remember the days when Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis were your 1st round opponents. Now you have to face off on Luka and Kyrie or Butler and Bam. Every path feels like a gauntlet where as usually the 1st round was a free pass.

talent is deeper than ever.

Same is happening in football and by an even greater margin in tennis

BigShotBob
07-02-2023, 07:35 PM

The Timberwolves were about as much of a free pass as you could get. They were a silly team that represented everything wrong with "modern" basketball.

highwhey
07-02-2023, 08:18 PM
the east is weak tbh. you have the celtics, bucks, heat...then there's a big drop-off in talent, like falling off the grand canyon big

tpols
07-02-2023, 09:05 PM
the east is weak tbh. you have the celtics, bucks, heat...then there's a big drop-off in talent, like falling off the grand canyon big

That is true but Miami was a low seed this year. I agree though the east has a huge drop off from 6-8 seed. West is still loaded. Even if you look at 2017, Warriors faced nobody until Cleveland. (and vice versa) Now you have to run a ****ing gauntlet vs jokic and the nugs, lebron / AD Lakers, dynasty warriors, loaded big 3 suns, Memphis with Marcus Smart now, luka and kyrie mavs, even the ****ing Timberwolves are an arguable 4 All Star team with KAT, Gobert, Edward's, and Conley. It's just the wild wild west coming up.

Duderonomy
07-03-2023, 10:20 AM
You are right 10 teams deep. That means there will be a couple disappointments. Maybe the Lakers or Grizzlies miss the playoffs. Maybe Dallas is garbage again and Luka demands a trade. Only the Suns and Nuggets are true contenders.

hold this L
07-03-2023, 03:50 PM
The contenders are Nuggets, Suns, Celtics, and Bucks for next season. Everyone else is there for the ride.

BallsOut
07-08-2023, 06:05 PM
Suns
Booker
Beal
Okogie | Gordon
Durant | Wantanabe
Ayton

Clippers
Westbrook
George | Harrison
Leonard
Covington | Powell
Zubac | Batum

Nuggets
Pope | Jackson
Murray
Porter Jr | that big athletic white dude
Gordon
Jokic

Lakers
Russell | Vincent
Reaves
James | Hachimura
Davis
Vanderbilt

Warriors
Curry | Paul
Klay
Wiggins
Green
Looney

Grizzlies
Morant
Smart
Bane
Jackson Jr
Adams

Kings
Fox
Huerter
Barnes | Euroleague MVP
Murray
Sabonis

Honorable mention to them young legs in Oklahoma City and New Orleans. And them wildcards Mavs and Wolves. Spurs also a sleeper team with Yama man.

Saric to the Warriors now they just need more bigs to throw at Davis and Jokic