PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas Caron Butler Antawn Jamison vs. Vince Carter Jason Kidd and RJ

Lebron23
07-03-2023, 12:34 AM
Who is the better trio???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDJDRlGo-OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8aBKdH8JqI

3ba11
07-03-2023, 02:18 AM
RJ a huge weak link and defensive liability - Caron or Jamison would absolutely destroy him.. I remember playing RJ once and his strength, defense and pride left a lot to be desired.. If that was my impression, what would Caron and Jamison think

ShawkFactory
07-03-2023, 02:22 AM
RJ a huge weak link and defensive liability - Caron or Jamison would absolutely destroy him.. I remember playing RJ once and his strength, defense and pride left a lot to be desired.. If that was my impression, what would Caron and Jamison think

To be fair, if what you say is true he probably didn’t really care to go that hard against a random nobody…

Dbrog
07-03-2023, 06:10 PM
The one who went to the Finals? :lol

SouBeachTalents
07-03-2023, 06:15 PM
Malone/Stockton/Hornacek >

SouBeachTalents
07-03-2023, 06:16 PM
The one who went to the Finals? :lol
That trio never made the Finals.

Im Still Ballin
07-03-2023, 06:22 PM
How many three points shots?

Real Men Wear Green
07-03-2023, 06:23 PM
Nets trio. Kidd over Arenas is a deciding advantage. The intelligence gap at the point guard position almost makes everything else irrelevant but also consider that Carter is the best scorer on the floor.

PejaTheSerbSnip
07-04-2023, 10:01 AM
The Nets B3.

Didn’t help that both teams had some of the worst 4-8’s of the decade: Moore, Krstic, Nachbar, Wright, Collins, Mercer, Scalabrine on the Nets…Jeffries, Haywood, Brown, Jarvis, Thomas on the Wiz…but swap their role players and the Nets probably get lifted to 50+ wins and a conference finals or two. The rest of their rotation was that bad.

paksat
07-04-2023, 10:41 AM
3 sure fire hall of famers vs?

Real Men Wear Green
07-04-2023, 10:43 AM

He has a chance but I'm not sold on RJ as a lock for the Hall. About on par with Caron Butler and Jamison. Carter and Kidd are on another level though.

ShawkFactory
07-04-2023, 10:44 AM

What?

Clifton
07-04-2023, 02:11 PM
Thanks for bringing back the memories.

I remember trying to convince myself that Arenas was basically AI, Caron Butler was basically Pierce, and that Jamison was a 20/10 PF except with the impact that those numbers (especially in 2006) made you picture.

but, the ball don't lie. They were a 2nd round exit team, and if they played today, they'd be a play in team.

Here's a question: Levine/DeRozan/Vucevic or Arenas/Butler/Jamison? I enjoy the Bulls trio but this is more the level those Wizards were on. The East was pathetic back then.

Clifton
07-04-2023, 02:13 PM
The one who went to the Finals?
the Nets finals appearances were before Vince got there. Disappointing they never made it back, but the East got better. Once Lebron came into his own and the Pistons got Sheed, the East was a real conference.

ShawkFactory
07-04-2023, 02:15 PM
Thanks for bringing back the memories.

I remember trying to convince myself that Arenas was basically AI, Caron Butler was basically Pierce, and that Jamison was a 20/10 PF except with the impact that those numbers (especially in 2006) made you picture.

but, the ball don't lie. They were a 2nd round exit team, and if they played today, they'd be a play in team.

Here's a question: Levine/DeRozan/Vucevic or Arenas/Butler/Jamison? I enjoy the Bulls trio but this is more the level those Wizards were on. The East was pathetic back then.

Honestly yea that’s a better comparison. I loved watching Arenas play and Jamison/Butler had their moment but none of those guys played any difference or seemed to move the needle in any way. This was shown when the went to other teams. Butler and Jamison in particular were pretty meh.

Dbrog
07-04-2023, 02:54 PM
the Nets finals appearances were before Vince got there. Disappointing they never made it back, but the East got better. Once Lebron came into his own and the Pistons got Sheed, the East was a real conference.

Oh shit touche. It was w k mart...dem blue light specials boi

Clifton
07-05-2023, 07:25 AM
Looking back, does anyone else think Kidd/Carter was ultimately disappointing? I don't really remember the transaction that got him there and what people thought about it, but joining Kidd with Carter must have felt like a fever dream at the time. The most exciting passer in the league, the best dunker ever, a serious talent upgrade to boot, and for all that, I don't remember it being that magical.

90% of my Nets Kidd memories are pre-Vince. Everything I remember from the Carter years is Carter. He was the best player on a team that was a threat in the playoffs, but I don't remember being as interested in them then. How much better did he make them? Does anyone remember? because my memory's hazy here.

It might be like if you added Jayson Tatum to the Nuggets now. He makes them a better team... right?... but you'd lose some of the Nuggets magic with all the usage going to a guy who obviously deserves it and can pull out wins in the 4th for you.