PDA

View Full Version : Victor Wembanyama Will Get Hurt In the NBA - Doctor Explains

Lebron23
07-07-2023, 02:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSoQyZrhA0U

Lebron23
07-07-2023, 02:51 AM
Modern Greg Oden

Spurs m8
07-07-2023, 06:38 AM
Victor is 3 times ops height

Clifton
07-07-2023, 07:29 AM
I haven't watched the video yet, but to me there is at least a 1 in 3 chance he never has a career.

The good news is that he seems interested in working on his body to prevent this kind of thing, like Steph Curry, who was able to overcome a worrisome trajectory early on.

These players where your first impulse is to say, "But people just don't move like that!!"-- most of them don't have full careers. The best case scenario is like a Wade or Tmac or Vince, who were considered injury prone at the time, but we can look back on and see a HOF career or something near it. But then you have D Rose, Ralph Sampson, probably Zion, ...

Shaq and Kareem made it; Jordan made it. Westbrook and Giannis. But Wemby has the strangest body I've ever seen. All it takes is one weird fall and he's out for half a season. There's so much more of him to sprain than other guys have.

BurningHammer
07-07-2023, 03:00 PM
Wemby is a longer Durant. He can get lucky and milk a legendary career like KD with not so many injuries throughout. His career could also be short like Oden or just decent like Yao or Ralph Sampson.

Gotta trust Spurs medical team, the same one Kawhi didn't.

tpols
07-07-2023, 03:05 PM
Hes almost like a reverse Zion. If we could somehow fuse Zions thickness and wembys length we'd have the GOAT.

Gotterdammerung
07-07-2023, 04:23 PM
Hes almost like a reverse Zion. If we could somehow fuse Zions thickness and wembys length we'd have the GOAT.

That's a young Wilt Chamberlain, at 7' 1" (7' 3" with shoes) and 258 lbs as a rookie. Many accounts describe the young Wilt as powerfully built with a strong upper body, broad shoulders, muscular arms, narrow waist and thin legs.

RRR3
07-07-2023, 06:38 PM
That's a young Wilt Chamberlain, at 7' 1" (7' 3" with shoes) and 258 lbs as a rookie. Many accounts describe the young Wilt as powerfully built with a strong upper body, broad shoulders, muscular arms, narrow waist and thin legs.
Uh what? Wilt was skinny af when he was young. It’s not like pics don’t exist

WhiteKyrie
07-08-2023, 01:24 AM

Are you exploding in your pants with your memory of that description? Jokic is fat and goofy and sloppy footwork and mechanics. Looks like he’s playing in sandals and is the best player in the league

elementally morale
07-08-2023, 02:08 AM
Are you exploding in your pants with your memory of that description? Jokic is fat and goofy and sloppy footwork and mechanics. Looks like he’s playing in sandals and is the best player in the league

What? Jokic has great footwork and a variety of post moves. Come on.

Spurs m8
07-08-2023, 02:20 AM
It's hilarious watching bronies shaking and Wemby hasn't even played a game yet.

Scared he'll overtake their hero without all the fakeness and extra help.

Tim Duncan level respect with a higher place in all time rankings than LeFraud.

They.are.scared

WhiteKyrie
07-08-2023, 02:20 AM
What? Jokic has great footwork and a variety of post moves. Come on.

No he doesn’t. It’s sloppy. Not Giannis sloppy, but yes it absolutely is … he lures defenders to sleep looking totally uncoordinated and goofy. With ugly mechanics and footwork and playing mannerisms. His game is jacked hideous. He makes quirky weird passes (not even cool ones) and that’s about it. Very impactful though, obviously. A really really good milk man.

It's hilarious watching bronies shaking and Wemby hasn't even played a game yet.

They.are.scared

Or this is just a thread about the legitimacy of the high potentiality that given his freakish body and his playing style, that things could potentially end not great. I can see already he’s a guy who will be constantly battling nagging injuries.

elementally morale
07-08-2023, 02:32 AM
No he doesn’t. It’s sloppy. Not Giannis sloppy, but yes it absolutely is … he lures defenders to sleep looking totally uncoordinated and goofy. With ugly mechanics and footwork and playing mannerisms. His game is jacked hideous. He makes quirky weird passes (not even cool ones) and that’s about it. Very impactful though, obviously. A really really good milk man.

If you say so... It's such a weird take it looks like trolling. But I think you really believe this. His passes are not cool? In which universe? His passing highlights are longer and better in a single season than 99.5% of players career highlights who have ever played. I don't know what you are smoking but I'll just leave it at that.

Spurs m8
07-08-2023, 04:30 AM

Or this is just a thread about the legitimacy of the high potentiality that given his freakish body and his playing style, that things could potentially end not great. I can see already he’s a guy who will be constantly battling nagging injuries.

I'm talking about the bronies reaction in general.
.not just this thread

Jasper
07-08-2023, 10:07 AM
Anybody taller than 6'6" is abnormal. Most NBA big men typically have a career end at 35 or less.
They slow down , little injuries accumulate .

Giannis is going to have a short career even though he hits the gym daily. That prolongs careers depending on what you do throughout a career.

Kareem was an exception , gym workouts are nothing like modern day careers.
Wilt same thing.

I hope Giannis makes it till 35.
Robinson, Duncan , ewing, Akeem all perfect example of what happens.. and a exit.

Victor needs to eat alot and hit the gym harder than anyone. (I see him like a Sampson)

Patrick Chewing
07-08-2023, 10:16 AM

:roll:

Xiao Yao You
07-08-2023, 02:25 PM
Anybody taller than 6'6" is abnormal. Most NBA big men typically have a career end at 35 or less.
They slow down , little injuries accumulate .

Giannis is going to have a short career even though he hits the gym daily. That prolongs careers depending on what you do throughout a career.

Kareem was an exception , gym workouts are nothing like modern day careers.
Wilt same thing.

I hope Giannis makes it till 35.
Robinson, Duncan , ewing, Akeem all perfect example of what happens.. and a exit.

Victor needs to eat alot and hit the gym harder than anyone. (I see him like a Sampson)

Sampson ate and hit the gym. Too much for his knees. That's certainly who I think of

Jimmy Rustler
07-09-2023, 08:19 AM

https://images2.imgbox.com/46/54/Pqbx6ZNa_o.png

Lebron23
07-09-2023, 03:31 PM

Did Jeff still banned your original account you fat out of shape troll???

Baller789
07-11-2023, 12:44 AM

:lol

tpols
07-11-2023, 12:52 AM

I wouldn't say it's sloppy. It's just...not pretty. Vince Carter had a way more aesthetic game than Yolk but was it more effective? You taking Iverson over duncan?

Axe
07-11-2023, 01:28 AM
:oldlol:

WhiteKyrie
07-11-2023, 03:24 AM
I wouldn't say it's sloppy. It's just...not pretty. Vince Carter had a way more aesthetic game than Yolk but was it more effective? You taking Iverson over duncan?
Yes I’m taking Iverson over Duncan. As a GM I would’ve surrounded him with similar levels of quality talent. Iverson out performed Duncan on that abysmal 2004 Olympic team, too. Vince Carter had a way more aesthetic game than who? Idk who you’re comparing VC to but he was a quitter and quite injury prone. So I’m taking any other elite talent over him. He didn’t have that visible passion to be great.

Baller789
07-11-2023, 05:29 AM
Yes I’m taking Iverson over Duncan. As a GM I would’ve surrounded him with similar levels of quality talent. Iverson out performed Duncan on that abysmal 2004 Olympic team, too. Vince Carter had a way more aesthetic game than who? Idk who you’re comparing VC to but he was a quitter and quite injury prone. So I’m taking any other elite talent over him. He didn’t have that visible passion to be great.

Ground Chuck strikes again!

hateraid
07-11-2023, 03:40 PM

They.are.scared

What a stupid take. Only people like you can make just about any thread into a Lebron circle jerk

hateraid
07-11-2023, 03:42 PM
The physicality of the Summer League seems to really affect Wemby, not sure if he'll be able to handle elite physical centers. The French aren't known for their mental fortitude as well.

Jimmy Rustler
07-11-2023, 06:19 PM

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2FEGKT274fWiYAAAAM%2F levro-james-nanay.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5b794fae431d03de942c8b9817283808d79105bf07193d c11294a82ba06e2ce3&ipo=images

BurningHammer
07-11-2023, 09:04 PM
The physicality of the Summer League seems to really affect Wemby, not sure if he'll be able to handle elite physical centers. The French aren't known for their mental fortitude as well.

Spurs probably already know that and is putting Wemby into gym to bulk up by now. There is time to develop his body.

Lebron23
07-11-2023, 11:26 PM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2FEGKT274fWiYAAAAM%2F levro-james-nanay.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5b794fae431d03de942c8b9817283808d79105bf07193d c11294a82ba06e2ce3&ipo=images

I always knew that you were a midget Filipino just like 20four

BigKobeFan
07-12-2023, 11:46 AM

ShawkFactory
07-12-2023, 04:31 PM

Ew dude. Horrible take.