PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Smith will be this generation's Tmac or Paul George

Dave3
07-08-2023, 11:46 AM
I don't mean necessarily skill level, but he's going to be the guy with a really high ratio of fans to overall impact on the game, just from how smooth he is and how good he makes the game look. Tmac is my favorite player because when I first watched him in 2002 he made basketball look so entertaining. All these rookies are coming out saying Paul George is their favourite player, because of how smooth his game is and how entertaining he plays the game.

I think Jabari is the next guy to take on that mantle. 6'10, good looking jumper, can knock them down, good handles for his size, moves well. Looking forward to watching his career unfold, I'm glad he's making an effort to play in summer league.

RRR3
07-08-2023, 12:48 PM
Holy shit a Dave3 appearance. Don’t blame you for not posting tho :lol

Dave3
07-09-2023, 11:42 AM
I check in every couple years, and if the front page is all LeBron/Jordan, I don't really post. I checked in and the front page has a few topics about summer league etc. so I figured people might want to talk about something else. I figured a promising sophomore might be of interest instead.

tpols
07-09-2023, 11:49 AM
Tmaç was 1,000,000x better than Jabari Smith. Paul George was 1000x.

Jabari was like a poor mans Melo.

ShawkFactory
07-09-2023, 12:08 PM
Tmaç was 1,000,000x better than Jabari Smith. Paul George was 1000x.

Jabari was like a poor mans Melo.

Are you thinking of Jabari Parker?

tpols
07-09-2023, 12:12 PM
Are you thinking of Jabari Parker?

Yea... you got me. Not often i hear Jabari as a 1st name.

Akeem34TheDream
07-09-2023, 12:31 PM
Jabari's handles are closer to Klay or MPJ than PG13 or Tmac. He was also advertised as 6'10 Klay. If he becomes an all star it will be thanks to his defense.

Dave3
07-09-2023, 12:43 PM
Jabari's handles are closer to Klay or MPJ than PG13 or Tmac. He was also advertised as 6'10 Klay. If he becomes an all star it will be thanks to his defense.

I meant more in terms of he'll have a bit of a cult following due to how aesthetic his game is, similar to someone like Paul George. I don't know that he'll be finishing top 3 in MVP voting but I like his chances. He's out there in summer league talking about how he needs to improve and that he didn't have a great rookie year. That's the right mindset.