PDA

View Full Version : Kobe doing Vince Carter dunks 5 years before Vince

eliteballer
07-09-2023, 04:55 PM
Kobe's only 18 or 19 years old here. Elbow dunk and self bounce between the legs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CufIGNFro1i/?hl=en

eliteballer
07-09-2023, 05:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOhrrKxNP7U

tpols
07-09-2023, 05:48 PM
Kobe was an absurdly creative and iń your face dunker.

That's one of the things I miss about basketball today. Whatever happened to the art of dunking? The last time I seen a dunk in the NBA that made me hop out my seat was that Tatum one from 5 years ago.

Dunking is a lost art. Vince and Kobe motions were beautiful. Works of Picasso in human movement.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2023, 06:43 PM
A guy whose name I don’t even remember did a both elbows in the rim dunk one of the years Doctor J and spud Webb were both in it. The first through the legs dunk I saw was also around that time. May have been Orlando Woolridge.

Baller789
07-11-2023, 12:41 AM

That's one of the things I miss about basketball today. Whatever happened to the art of dunking? The last time I seen a dunk in the NBA that made me hop out my seat was that Tatum one from 5 years ago.

Dunking is a lost art. Vince and Kobe motions were beautiful. Works of Picasso in human movement.

Enjoy today's 3-point chuckfest.

Phoenix
07-11-2023, 07:48 AM

The art of dunking carries on elsewhere. The NBA has devalued the 2pointer so now everyone runs to the 3point line, including on fast breaks.

90sgoat
07-11-2023, 11:36 AM
That's one of the things I miss about basketball today. Whatever happened to the art of dunking?

It died when the instituted Defensive 3 seconds.

It used to be a skill to finish around and over centers, but since the center is rarely in the paint today, there's no use in that kind of skill.

SATAN
07-11-2023, 10:42 PM

There have been insane dunks within the last couple weeks.

How is this message board full of retards who don't even watch games?

Baller789
07-12-2023, 10:48 AM
There have been insane dunks within the last couple weeks.

How is this message board full of retards who don't even watch games?

Like?