Manny98
07-11-2023, 08:59 PM
2016 Curry was the greatest offensive player ever

Axe
07-11-2023, 09:01 PM
I'd take the one who won a finals mvp.

JohnMax
07-11-2023, 09:05 PM
Jokic had best playoffs run since Dirk. He single handedly humiliated all top superstars to the point where the rest of league is demanding trades and switching teams.

Im Still Ballin
07-11-2023, 09:05 PM
Curry's team definitely and obviously performed better on the whole. Just how much of a difference is there in supporting casts? If there is one. I feel like there's less of a tradeoff with Curry as opposed to Jokic. Building a team around a center that's a weak rim protector is problematic. However, that doesn't mean you can't win a championship with that setup. Because it happened.

warriorfan
07-11-2023, 09:13 PM
Curry's team definitely and obviously performed better on the whole. Just how much of a difference is there in supporting casts? If there is one. I feel like there's less of a tradeoff with Curry as opposed to Jokic. Building a team around a center that's a weak rim protector is problematic. However, that doesn't mean you can't win a championship with that setup. Because it happened.

I agree with this and I’ve always said it’s near impossible to win with a C or even a PF who is a defensive liability.

Jokic broke this but he’s the exception not the rule, also I think his defense gets underrated at times. He isn’t like a Charles Barkley or anything.

But I agree when you log big minutes with a C with poor rim protection, it’s going to be rough.

Shows you how enormous Jokic’s offensive impact is

Baller234
07-11-2023, 10:56 PM
This might be a controversial take, and some people may accuse me of being a hyper-reactionary who's trapped in the moment, but I honestly think that Jokic right now is better than Curry ever was.

As great as he is, I've seen Curry minimized and taken out of a game before. If you can keep the ball out of his hands, or if his shot isn't falling, his teams usually don't win. Unless of course he's playing with Kevin Durant.

You can't really take Joker out of the game. He's going to have a profound impact no matter what you do. Even if he has an off game, chances are he's still setting up teammates and grabbing a bunch of a rebounds. He pretty much did whatever he wanted to over the course of the playoffs and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could to do to stop him.

If Joker wins another title, I really don't have an issue putting him above Curry all time. I might not even have to think about it.