PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert is hilarious. An asshole but hilarious.

Kblaze8855
07-12-2023, 01:08 PM
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8dqAS8K/

I apologize to other old people who have been holding out on TikTok. At some point you’ll have to bend the knee. Just too much content.

He tells a story about the very day they all decided Kwame wasn’t going to be a star.

Dbrog
07-12-2023, 02:59 PM
lmao agent 0 is a savage..a "miserable one" I guess :oldlol:

paksat
07-12-2023, 09:26 PM
I don't give a shit about content, tiktok is cancer.

I started watching those shorts on youtube the other night that mimic tik tok. I realized why everyone is on tik tok, it's easy to get sucked into searching for vids and just sitting there... for hours

turned that shit off after 5 minutes, never looking back.

Kblaze8855
07-12-2023, 09:31 PM
I just opened it and the first video was Gilbert discussing how to defend Ray Allen, Jj, and then Steph Curry.

App learns you and knows what to give you. In a world they already listen to you, read your emails, and know your location there isn’t much privacy to lose at this point.

kawhileonard2
07-12-2023, 09:33 PM
This was the only guy Lebron could beat without a stacked squad.

SATAN
07-12-2023, 09:40 PM
App learns you and knows what to give you.

**** that. Haven't used social media in years (don't count YouTube as social media) and feel better for it. TikTok seems the worst out there.

highwhey
07-12-2023, 09:47 PM
tiktok is horrible for you, beyond the privacy invasion...your brain is forming a dopamine dependent response to social media and content. the connection isn't all that different than what a drug addict goes through when getting a high. it's the same biological mechanism.

Kblaze8855
07-12-2023, 10:01 PM
Everything is horrible in excess. My screen time thing tells me I’ve been on TikTok 40 minutes this week. And that includes waiting in the car for someone during a doctors appointment. I think I’m good. When it was new(ish) my girlfriend drove me crazy playing videos with the same 2-3 songs but mine is mostly comedy and basketball clips. I’m unconcerned. China already has my Xvideos search history and yours anyway.

Norcaliblunt
07-12-2023, 10:27 PM
I was trying to figure out what that tik tok swiping shit reminded me of.

CHANNEL SURFING cable TV back in the day. Back when you could actually click smoothly through channels jumping from program to program with no delay or guide to tell you what’s on.
Just random clicks to see what’s on the next channel, get hooked for a little bit then move on to the next.

highwhey
07-12-2023, 10:34 PM
Everything is horrible in excess. My screen time thing tells me I’ve been on TikTok 40 minutes this week. And that includes waiting in the car for someone during a doctors appointment. I think I’m good. When it was new(ish) my girlfriend drove me crazy playing videos with the same 2-3 songs but mine is mostly comedy and basketball clips. I’m unconcerned. China already has my Xvideos search history and yours anyway.

you can spend 40 mins on tiktok watching mindless drivel but you can't take 10 minutes to screenshot IP addresses of ish alt accounts?

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

GOBB
07-13-2023, 12:06 AM
Just subscribe to his YouTube channel. Watch the whole episode and/or other episodes.

imdaman99
07-13-2023, 12:11 AM
TT is just capitalizing on next gen's attention span. You really can get lost in it, that stupid ad that pops up saying tired of scrolling and that's when I call it a day :lol but I'm getting sick of the algorithm because who doesn't love a nice big booty? it's getting to the point that every big booty looks the same. Might as well make a new account

1987_Lakers
07-13-2023, 12:23 AM
I don't give a shit about content, tiktok is cancer.

I started watching those shorts on youtube the other night that mimic tik tok. I realized why everyone is on tik tok, it's easy to get sucked into searching for vids and just sitting there... for hours

turned that shit off after 5 minutes, never looking back.

Same. I have never used tiktok but once youtube started with their shorts I found myself lost in it for a while. I honestly had no idea how addicting that shit can be. :lol

FrenchDude
07-13-2023, 12:03 PM
Aaah Kblaze.
Remember vividly your video on the young Lakers from mid 90s. Nick van Exel, Jones, Frobe, Shaq. Free throw line lay-up. The music and editing was really nice!

Kblaze8855
07-13-2023, 12:20 PM
Aaah Kblaze.
Remember vividly your video on the young Lakers from mid 90s. Nick van Exel, Jones, Frobe, Shaq. Free throw line lay-up. The music and editing was really nice!

This here

https://youtu.be/7JNNDskWNGg

Which I could make much better today. It’s 13-14 years old and the footage looks like it. But there’s little need these days. Back then there wasn’t even a high quality option on YouTube. Several people tell me some Chinese nba magazine took it and put it on a free dvd they gave out and because of it it’s really well known overseas.

tpols
07-13-2023, 12:33 PM
tiktok is horrible for you, beyond the privacy invasion...your brain is forming a dopamine dependent response to social media and content. the connection isn't all that different than what a drug addict goes through when getting a high. it's the same biological mechanism.

Every single platform on the internet ~ this site, youtube, Facebook, Instagram etc. all give that exact response. Eating or drinking gives that response. Very rare in today's day and age people aren't consuming something on a constant basis.

As far as arenas goes he's obviously a smart guy.

FrenchDude
07-13-2023, 12:37 PM
This here

https://youtu.be/7JNNDskWNGg

Which I could make much better today. It’s 13-14 years old and the footage looks like it. But there’s little need these days. Back then there wasn’t even a high quality option on YouTube. Several people tell me some Chinese nba magazine took it and put it on a free dvd they gave out and because of it it’s really well known overseas.

Thank you :), one of my favorite!!
Sorry for deviating from original topic.

Wardell Curry
07-13-2023, 01:21 PM
you can spend 40 mins on tiktok watching mindless drivel but you can't take 10 minutes to screenshot IP addresses of ish alt accounts?

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

Moderators don't have access to IPs and the owner/admin of this board has a weird obsession with letting people run wild on multiple accounts. People like kblaze and rmwg often treat new accounts here like they're new posters because they don't know.

Kblaze8855
07-13-2023, 01:25 PM
I generally know I just don’t care that much. You’d be surprised how often somebody responds on an alt they forgot they were signed in on and quickly delete it. I can see the deleted post and who they were responding as. I just don’t really discuss it. It isn’t that interesting to me.

Kblaze8855
07-13-2023, 01:32 PM
3ball for one had a long time issue where he would make a post and it will post two or three times so he would have to go and delete the Extra ones. I never cared but I mentioned once and he comes at me like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ElegantFancyChital-size_restricted.gif

Im just not that worried about it to make it a whole thing. Quite a few people here use alts that are less extreme than their usual troll accounts for whatever reason. Or some joke one. Or ban insurance. I only care when it’s a ban for something real.

I don’t generally come here to do moderation of any kind.

Carbine
07-13-2023, 01:34 PM
The biggest exposing of an alt in ISH history was when GOBB turned out to be Know It All back on the old board.

Damn time flies. I remember that whole episode well.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2023, 02:19 PM
The biggest exposing of an alt in ISH history was when GOBB turned out to be Know It All back on the old board.

Damn time flies. I remember that whole episode well.

Mad weird if true :lol

I just remember that 'Knoeitawl' poster being on the 3ball spectrum. Instead of passionately hating on Lebron, though, the vitriol was toward Kobe.

Lebron23
07-13-2023, 09:54 PM
This was the only guy Lebron could beat without a stacked squad.

same guy who scored 60 points on Kobe Bryant.