PDA

View Full Version : America has Largest White Population in the world & no NBA Superstars

Big164
07-14-2023, 09:35 AM
Slovenia, Serbia, Germany

All NBA Teams: 22x
League MVPs: 3
NBA Finals MVPs: 2

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.

All NBA Teams: 2x
League MVPs: 0
NBA Finals MVPs: 0

Obviously this is just the last 20 years. Its the weirdest phenomenon ever. Even Steve Nash was Canadian.

ArbitraryWater
07-14-2023, 09:38 AM
Its almost like Europe has more white people than America

Im Still Ballin
07-14-2023, 09:39 AM
He's coming. Cooper Flagg. Enjoy a Chet Holmgren in the meantime.

Big164
07-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Serbia and Slovenia have a combined population of 10 million. USa got 200 million

Patrick Chewing
07-14-2023, 10:30 AM
In every L.A. Fitness across the country right now, White men are dominating on the basketball court. So there's that.

90sgoat
07-14-2023, 10:33 AM
Its almost like Europe has more white people than America

A similar thing is happening in Europe in countries with large black populations like France, Belgium and England.

The black kids enter puberty sooner than whites (and asians), so they have a physical advantage in youth competition, leading to coaches choosing the earlier developed "young man" talent over the technical sound but "boy" talent.

This is a known issue in european soccer and countries such as Spain do differently and focus only on developing skill, not on winning in the youth competitions.

I bet it's the same thing going on in the US. There has been too much of a focus on winning AAU ball and the easiest way to do that is to play the biggest high schoolers you can find, forgetting about the talented, but not physically ready whites/asians.

Kblaze8855
07-14-2023, 10:34 AM
Washington DC and Houston combine to have more Black people than the entire country of Jamaica but it produces 1000 times more world-class sprinters.

Places produce people good at what they obsess over. I suspect a higher percentage of eastern European white people seriously play basketball than white people in America. 330 million people in this country and you can get as few as 6-10 million watching the nba finals. It’s popular but it’s not soccer in Brazil or sprinting in Jamaica popular. It isn’t a way of life.

tpols
07-14-2023, 10:46 AM
A similar thing is happening in Europe in countries with large black populations like France, Belgium and England.

The black kids enter puberty sooner than whites (and asians), so they have a physical advantage in youth competition, leading to coaches choosing the earlier developed "young man" talent over the technical sound but "boy" talent.

This is a known issue in european soccer and countries such as Spain do differently and focus only on developing skill, not on winning in the youth competitions.

I bet it's the same thing going on in the US. There has been too much of a focus on winning AAU ball and the easiest way to do that is to play the biggest high schoolers you can find, forgetting about the talented, but not physically ready whites/asians.

Yea I've seen that. I played high school basketball but didn't hit a growth spurt until I was 16. And even then I was too lanky at 6'3 like 140 lbs to do anything meaningful. I didn't grow or fill out til later... meanwhile I remember the black kids in our school had growth spurts at like 12 or 13 and by 15 or 16 basically had a grown man body so they obviously got more playing time and opportunity to shine.

Big164
07-14-2023, 10:49 AM
Washington DC and Houston combine to have more Black people than the entire country of Jamaica but it produces 1000 times more world-class sprinters.

Places produce people good at what they obsess over. I suspect a higher percentage of eastern European white people seriously play basketball than white people in America. 330 million people in this country and you can get as few as 6-10 million watching the nba finals. It’s popular but it’s not soccer in Brazil or sprinting in Jamaica popular. It isn’t a way of life.

Id buy that argument if we were talking about Tennis. Americans dont really care about that sport the way Europe does. But NBA is an American brand. The company I work for has like 6 different Basketball leagues throughout the year, so i know its very popular. I dont know if the bottleneck is in highschool, college or the pros. Its just eerie.

tpols
07-14-2023, 10:58 AM
This was The Mountain as a teenager.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/GoT1.jpg

This is him in his 20s.

https://i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk/incoming/article24144301.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_Game-of-Thrones-The-Mountain-star-showcases-7st-weight-loss.jpg

White people grow slower.

ArbitraryWater
07-14-2023, 10:59 AM
hes prob on roids...

he most definitely is

Kblaze8855
07-14-2023, 11:15 AM
Id buy that argument if we were talking about Tennis. Americans dont really care about that sport the way Europe does. But NBA is an American brand. The company I work for has like 6 different Basketball leagues throughout the year, so i know it’s very popular. I dont know if the bottleneck is in highschool, college or the pros. It’s just eerie.

When Slovenia played Spain in a euro tournament the ratings were higher there any any event in tv history in America aside from the moon landing. 70% of the country watched it at once. They care more about it than Americans. Just how it is.

90sgoat
07-14-2023, 11:22 AM

This is a FACT.

And asians grow the slowest.

tpols
07-14-2023, 11:24 AM
This is a FACT.

And asians grow the slowest.

Yea... it's a hormonal thing. Black people have (measured) the highest testosterone levels, whites 2nd, asians 3rd. And hormones are what make you grow. Intelligence correlates backwards in that ranking.

ShawkFactory
07-14-2023, 12:22 PM
This was The Mountain as a teenager.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/GoT1.jpg

This is him in his 20s.

https://i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk/incoming/article24144301.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_Game-of-Thrones-The-Mountain-star-showcases-7st-weight-loss.jpg

Well...teenagers also don't typically take an obscene amount of steroids.

90sgoat
07-14-2023, 12:24 PM
Well...teenagers also don't typically take an obscene amount of steroids.

Lol.

American sports is rife with steroid abuse in high school and college.

ShawkFactory
07-14-2023, 12:26 PM
Lol.

American sports is rife with steroid abuse in high school and college.

Sure. I played baseball in high school and there were a couple guys who dabbled.

But nothing like what world class strongmen do...

90sgoat
07-14-2023, 12:29 PM
Sure. I played baseball in high school and there were a couple guys who dabbled.

I used to powerlift, not that I was great at it, but I was around the forums like Misc and Sherdog and local places and there were always these 16 year old kids who come in asking for advice for their football training and they know nothing and then they go from skinny kids to filming themselves benching 250lbs in like 1 year and then its always horrible form, so you know it isn't because they're really putting in the hours.

tpols
07-14-2023, 12:32 PM

Steroids are external testosterone. Black people have the highest natural levels of testosterone and when you go through puberty is when you start producing that hormone. On average they go through puberty earlier which leads to them being bigger and stronger earlier and getting all the opportunity. White people eventually catch up but by then it's too late.

SouBeachTalents
07-14-2023, 12:37 PM
Yea... it's a hormonal thing. Black people have (measured) the highest testosterone levels, whites 2nd, asians 3rd. And hormones are what make you grow. Intelligence correlates backwards in that ranking.
What about Hispanics? I feel like they're often left out of discussions like these.

tpols
07-14-2023, 12:45 PM
What about Hispanics? I feel like they're often left out of discussions like these.

They're a mix of everything so you don't know what you're gonna get. Originally asians fleeing asia, then white people came over and brought Africans with them.

ralph_i_el
07-14-2023, 12:59 PM
Cooper Flagg is the one. Check him out.

90sgoat
07-14-2023, 01:36 PM

Hispanics are not a race.

SouBeachTalents
07-14-2023, 01:42 PM
Hispanics are not a race.
Of course they are, what would they be considered then?

ralph_i_el
07-14-2023, 01:46 PM
^Ethnic group. You have white, black, and indigenous Hispanic people, and every conceivable mix of those races.

Is Messi the same race as David Ortiz?

3ba11
07-14-2023, 02:28 PM
Cooper Flagg won't change that - watch him with a live-dribble - a snail - this won't affect him negatively until he reaches the top level.. He also has baby-sized hands from what I can tell.

90sgoat
07-14-2023, 03:52 PM
Of course they are, what would they be considered then?

^Ethnic group. You have white, black, and indigenous Hispanic people, and every conceivable mix of those races.

Yes, they're technically an ethnic group or a cultural group.

I mean, someone like Tiago Splitter is an hispanic from Brazil and so is Leandro Barbosa, but one is mostly white and the other is mostly black.

Unlike in the US, they both probably identify as brazilian first, not their races.

Axe
07-14-2023, 03:54 PM
Just a thread about race again once more. Lmao.

Full Court
07-14-2023, 04:36 PM
OP forgot about this guy. Poised to be a superstar. :lol

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. Iu7eSmkRMoQdhvK4_IaNggHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=caa128e08006d88605a024769c7ee4c42e540579730bcf f7cd228c591af26321&ipo=images

ArbitraryWater
07-14-2023, 09:28 PM

+ asian, indian

WhiteKyrie
07-15-2023, 02:58 AM
Basketball in America has gotten progressively more racist over time. Harder for a white player in the States to get shine when they have to work way harder just to be seen. Meanwhile that problem doesn’t exist in Europe and abroad. That’s why a guy like Luka can develop and come over here and dog walk bruvas in the league.

Patrick Chewing
07-15-2023, 11:04 AM
OP forgot about this guy. Poised to be a superstar. :lol

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. Iu7eSmkRMoQdhvK4_IaNggHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=caa128e08006d88605a024769c7ee4c42e540579730bcf f7cd228c591af26321&ipo=images

I can truly see him averaging 20+ ppg provided he takes over more and doesn't give in to Lebron or AD. He's that talented. I wanted him on the Knicks.

90sgoat
07-15-2023, 01:26 PM
Do you remember when Minnesota once had like 4 whites starting and the media began running stories asking if they were too white?

tpols
07-15-2023, 01:48 PM
Do you remember when Minnesota once had like 4 whites starting and the media began running stories asking if they were too white?

The irony is right now every single owner is white and of a certain more specific demographic and most of the players are black. Almost like history is repeating itself.

bdonovan
07-15-2023, 03:41 PM
It's the same thing with Tennis. We used to have men's tennis stars like Sampras and Agassi; before them, we had McEnroe and Connors. We haven't won a grand slam in 20 years. And we have no one on the horizon that looks like they could. It's all European dominated now.

Tennis is the sport I follow the most other than the NBA; and unlike basketball I used to play tennis in school I have a pretty clear idea why this is so. It's related to both work ethic and how we cultivate players. Great tennis youths head down to Florida, where the major tennis academies are like Bolleteri, Evert Tennnis Academy. They are all terrible. They live on their name, all they do is make money from the attendees and don't instill in them the right values or work ethic.

Look at American tennis players. They are cocky, loud -- and unexceptional. Andy Roddick, James Blake being good examples. That's what they teach at these academies. To have "attitude". Chris Evert who was a Grand Slam winner women's player may have been a great player but a total dope when it comes to teaching. All she emphasizes is CONFIDENCE. So they churn out cocky tennis players who have all the confidence in the world, but not that exceptional, die-hard commitment to the game.

I could go on about this but I think it comes down to this: America has great cultural qualities and bad ones. The bad ones have taken over the ethos of American sports.

Cockiness, over-confidence, flashiness.

Roddick had a giant serve- too bad he had nothing else. Meanwhile while at a basketball gym near I lived, one kid was taking private lessons and the only thing he was learning was beating his man off the dribble. Nothing else.

Nash, Jokic were great because of how they made their teammates better. For Nowitzki, think how many practice shots he took. He wasn't practicing all day with flashy ISO moves.

Instead of teaching confidence, confidence, confidence, we should be teaching one thing: sacrifice. If you want to be great, it's going to be a grind. You're going to have to give up a lot to be the very best. White players are going to have to be great at team play and shooting in particular. Let's be honest. Is that where the focus is in their games? For someone like Tyler Herro or Gordon Heyward?

90sgoat
07-15-2023, 04:41 PM
The irony is right now every single owner is white and of a certain more specific demographic and most of the players are black. Almost like history is repeating itself.

Jews usually don't identify as white

WhiteKyrie
07-15-2023, 07:23 PM
Jews usually don't identify as white

Bro Jewish is a religion not a race or even an ethnicity or nationality.

tpols
07-15-2023, 07:50 PM
True. I don't identify with reptiles either.

Baller234
07-15-2023, 08:28 PM
I could go on about this but I think it comes down to this: America has great cultural qualities and bad ones. The bad ones have taken over the ethos of American sports.

Cockiness, over-confidence, flashiness.

I can't claim to be a historian, but perhaps it started with Cassius Clay?

For basketball, I think it began with the Michigan Fab Five. To me they were the one who really ushered in the era of beating your chest and disrespecting your opponents. Before that, "hot dogging" was looked down upon and it was all about sportsmanship.

If I'm wrong and someone could provide more clarity, I'd be happy to hear it.

edit: Actually, come to think of it, Shawn Kemp was famous for this also and he pre-dates the Fab Five. He used to always put a little extra on his celebrations mid game after he just humiliated an opponent. Not sure who should be credited with starting it though.

edit 2: Sorry, it just occurred to me. The 80's Celtics teams were also notorious sh-t talkers... especially Bird and McHale.

SATAN
07-15-2023, 10:52 PM
I can truly see him averaging 20+ ppg provided he takes over more and doesn't give in to Lebron or AD. He's that talented.

He'll probably average like 13ppg if he can't get to the line.

theman93
07-16-2023, 12:04 AM
In every L.A. Fitness across the country right now, White men are dominating on the basketball court. So there's that.

:roll:

BarberSchool
07-16-2023, 07:46 AM
“American Whites” aren’t one group. Not at all.
They’re many different groups, who look alike to outsiders.
But each group has some level of cross-pollination of the various sports.

Not that many of them play basketball or pursue it, past a childhood hobby. Football, Soccer, baseball, and hockey are all either more popular TO PLAY growing up for American whites than basketball (football, soccer), or about the same level (baseball, Hockey).

bdonovan
07-16-2023, 09:33 AM

For basketball, I think it began with the Michigan Fab Five. To me they were the one who really ushered in the era of beating your chest and disrespecting your opponents. Before that, "hot dogging" was looked down upon and it was all about sportsmanship.

edit: Actually, come to think of it, Shawn Kemp was famous for this also and he pre-dates the Fab Five. He used to always put a little extra on his celebrations mid game after he just humiliated an opponent. Not sure who should be credited with starting it though.

edit 2: Sorry, it just occurred to me. The 80's Celtics teams were also notorious sh-t talkers... especially Bird and McHale.

Cassius Clay had the ability to go along with it. If if's part of your personality or you use it to get a mental edge on your competition, that's fine. A guy like Floyd Mayweather may showboat and run his mouth but he training in the gym like no one else- and it shows.

But what I'm talking about is people who believe their own self-confidence, that they're so great just because they think so and DON'T put in the hard work.

I blame movies as well. Look at that Star Wars recently, the new Jedi becomes great in using the force just by "believing in herself". Not years of practice. Spiderman Spiderverse- "you'll be great when you think you're great". The whole culture is just feel-good nonsense because telling people success requires a lot of hard work doesn't sell movie tickets or sports camps/academy attendance.

You do raise a good point about the rise of showboating in pro sports. There was a culture of keeping your head down and letting your performance show. Europeans still have that older mentality and it seems to work for them.

Jasper
07-16-2023, 09:52 AM
Why do asians dominate table tennis , they have shorter arms ,legs , and bodies.:confusedshrug:

90sgoat
07-16-2023, 10:22 AM
Why do asians dominate table tennis , they have shorter arms ,legs , and bodies.:confusedshrug:

They're quick and coordinated as fukk.

Have you ever seen a game of Takraw? That is some impressive ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJuRvHk9Zco

tpols
07-16-2023, 11:22 AM
They're quick and coordinated as fukk.

Have you ever seen a game of Takraw? That is some impressive ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJuRvHk9Zco

That's gotta be the most impressive sport I've ever seen.

I was just trying to imagine Roy Hibbert (or myself) doing that. :roll:

Baller234
07-16-2023, 11:26 AM
Cassius Clay had the ability to go along with it. If if's part of your personality or you use it to get a mental edge on your competition, that's fine. A guy like Floyd Mayweather may showboat and run his mouth but he training in the gym like no one else- and it shows.

But what I'm talking about is people who believe their own self-confidence, that they're so great just because they think so and DON'T put in the hard work.

I blame movies as well. Look at that Star Wars recently, the new Jedi becomes great in using the force just by "believing in herself". Not years of practice. Spiderman Spiderverse- "you'll be great when you think you're great". The whole culture is just feel-good nonsense because telling people success requires a lot of hard work doesn't sell movie tickets or sports camps/academy attendance.

You do raise a good point about the rise of showboating in pro sports. There was a culture of keeping your head down and letting your performance show. Europeans still have that older mentality and it seems to work for them.

Oh yea, definitely. These guys want a pat on the ass for just showing up. They turn up and beat their chest over a meager accomplishment.

It's worse in football. Guy makes a routine tackle and all of a sudden he's King Kong, meanwhile the team is down 27.

tpols
07-16-2023, 11:27 AM
Not years of practice. Spiderman Spiderverse- "you'll be great when you think you're great".

That's actually legit. The body follows the mind.

Lebron23
07-16-2023, 04:11 PM
That's actually legit. The body follows the mind.

HUh??

tpols
07-16-2023, 04:42 PM
HUh??

@1:08 the guy does a bicycle kick feign spike and instead of throwing down he lightly taps it with the back of his foot.

A fake bicycle kick spike floater shot. How can you not appreciate that?

Duffy Pratt
07-16-2023, 04:47 PM

There’s been some brashness and cockiness all along. When Babe Ruth got the first 100K salary, some reporters asked him why he would be paid more than the President. His answer: “I had a better year.”

Think of Joe Namath in the lead up to Super Bowl 3.

Dick Barnett, on the 69-70 Knicks, used to say “Fall back, baby!” while his jump shot was in the air. (And he wasn’t that great a shooter.)

90sgoat
07-16-2023, 06:23 PM
That's gotta be the most impressive sport I've ever seen.

I was just trying to imagine Roy Hibbert (or myself) doing that. :roll:

It's played in parks all over South East Asia.

These guys are obviously elite, but randoms in parks can also do incredible plays. I'd like to see a bunch of westerners attempt this.