PDA

View Full Version : If KD can't win with this squad his legacy is toast

eliteballer
07-16-2023, 11:30 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cux699OBsVZ/?hl=en

No excuses.

Carbine
07-16-2023, 11:36 PM
I think they're extremely individually talented and in that regard clearly the best team in the NBA but depth matters and defense matters.

Besides Durant, who is inconsistent now with age.... They have no plus defenders on the perimeter. Rebounding is questionable. Ayton plays soft when it matters too.

Extremely high level of iso ball talent. That's what they have.

Baller234
07-16-2023, 11:38 PM
Yea, I see a bunch of guys who play the same way and don't really compliment each other.

Not saying they can't do damage, because they're so individually talented, but I have to see how well they can gel first.

hold this L
07-17-2023, 12:31 AM
It's hard not to see them as the 3rd favorites going into this upcoming season. Their summer offseason was incredible to be honest. They need a bit more defense and playmaking, but they are so good in some of the other areas.

Chemistry is going to be a big question mark.

90sgoat
07-17-2023, 01:53 AM
They're a good "big 3", but they lack the role players to compliment them.

Durant isn't a Lebron and Booker isn't a Wade.

They don't have a single competent floor general pass first point guard. Who is going to make sure Durant, Booker and Ayton get enough shots to be content? The coach? Durant has never shown to be willing to play in a system.

Don't see it. They don't match up well with Nuggets.

highwhey
07-17-2023, 02:06 AM
They're a good "big 3", but they lack the role players to compliment them.

Durant isn't a Lebron and Booker isn't a Wade.

They don't have a single competent floor general pass first point guard. Who is going to make sure Durant, Booker and Ayton get enough shots to be content? The coach? Durant has never shown to be willing to play in a system.

Don't see it. They don't match up well with Nuggets.

are you stupid?

where do i even start holy shit.

booker and durant took 2 games from the nuggets...with horrible role players not showing up. they have significantly better role players this season (eric gordon, yuta, KBD)...those are all guys that average 40% from 3. not to mention monty williams was the worst coach possible for that team, he did not know how to utilize book and kd and was exposed for not liking Ayton.

Booker can play point guard just fine, he's already been doing it...literally every post season CP3 would get injured like a fukkin clock without fail. Booker was forced to play point. Vogel already said Beal will be the distributor but Book will help with that.

People keep saying they are 3 iso players are just exposing themselves as box score watchers. all 3 have shown they can play offball and we've seen enough sample size of Book+KD experiment to know it works, they just need shooters and a solid rotation. Monty was starting a different lineup every damn game in the playoffs, they didn't know jackshit.

the majority of you guys are retarded, it's easier to just say you don't watch the Suns so you don't feel competent enough to comment. :facepalm

highwhey
07-17-2023, 02:27 AM
people were claiming book and kd would not work as good in real life as it looked on paper...yet they took 2 games from the nuggets with the worst bench in the playoffs. the just needed some role players to show up and help out. the defense is actually improved...beal, while not an elite defender is significantly better than an over the hill traffic cone in cp3. suns have 2-3 new wings in Yuta, Goodwin, and Camara that are long and athletic and are known for being hustle defenders...not to mention they have a very good defensive coach. Vogel is the biggest plus for this team, he's going to revamp the defense and hopefully get Ayton to be the same version of himself from 21'.

Improvements:
Defense
3 pt Shooting
Overall Depth
2 new guards that can keep the offense going while KD and Book sit down
Long athletic wings
New Coach

The shortest guy on the team is Eric Gordon at 6'3...

https://i.redd.it/ur445fr1mccb1.jpg

Axe
07-17-2023, 02:33 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/ThreeDots.svg/1092px-ThreeDots.svg.png

iamgine
07-17-2023, 02:40 AM
are you stupid?

booker and durant took 2 games from the nuggets...with horrible role players not showing up. they have significantly better role players this season (eric gordon, yuta, KBD)...those are all guys that average 40% from 3. not to mention monty williams was the worst coach possible for that team, he did not know how to utilize book and kd and was exposed for not liking Ayton.

Booker can play point guard just fine, he's already been doing it...literally every post season CP3 would get injured like a fukkin clock without fail. Booker was forced to play point. Vogel already said Beal will be the distributor but Book will help with that.

People keep saying they are 3 iso players are just exposing themselves as box score watchers. all 3 have shown they can play offball and we've seen enough sample size of Book+KD experiment to know it works, they just need shooters and a solid rotation. Monty was starting a different lineup every damn game in the playoffs, they didn't know jackshit.

the majority of you guys are retarded, it's easier to just say you don't watch the Suns so you don't feel competent enough to comment. :facepalm

These 2 games argument is quite stale. Suns needed Booker to have games of his life to beat Westbrook led Clippers and stole 2 from the Nuggets. Clippers were seriously in contention to win 3 games.

That said, I love the Beal/Book/KD pairing. It's new and exciting. With a whole training camp and season together, hopefully they become one of the best offensive force in NBA history.

highwhey
07-17-2023, 02:52 AM
These 2 games argument is quite stale. Suns needed Booker to have games of his life to beat Westbrook led Clippers and stole 2 from the Nuggets. Clippers were seriously in contention to win 3 games.

That said, I love the Beal/Book/KD pairing. It's new and exciting. With a whole training camp and season together, hopefully they become one of the best offensive force in NBA history.

yeah that clippers series might as well have been booker and kd only, ayton was nowhere to be found, the role players were absolute garbage and monty was monty. i called it from game 1 that it would be a tough series bc monty's crutch is not being able to adapt...meanwhile lou's strenght as a coach is finding mismatches and exploting those mismatches. he did exactly that with westbrook, he knew the suns were one of the worst rebounding teams in the league and he send westbrook as a missile to bully everyone in the paint to steal boards. i have zero clue what ayton was thinking, he quite literally dissapeared.

but i don't see any other team giving denver the fit that the suns gave them. gotta remember they were on track to win a 3rd game until cp3 went down in the third quarter. and game 6, ayton and cp3 were out with injuries. that series could have very well gone 7 games if injuries didn't play a part.

Wally450
07-17-2023, 09:38 AM
What legacy?

90sgoat
07-17-2023, 09:44 AM
Booker can play point guard just fine

Booker is not a point guard.

The point is, every time down the floor, only one player can finish, only one player can shoot.

What are the other players doing when not shooting? Are they running around screens? Are they posting up? Or are they just standing around waiting for the ball because they're used to be being 1st option?

hold this L
07-17-2023, 09:54 AM
are you stupid?

They are iso scorers. Last year's Suns was one of the most my turn your turn playstyles we've seen in years. You have to be delusional or empty inside to think otherwise. Not saying they can't make it work, but that's what they did last year and throughout their history. Book taking some playmaking role here & there is not the same as doing it as a full time job.

If they figure out their playmaking and teamwork, their offense should be the best in the league though. I also don't see them as a lost cause because like you said, they got Beal and a bunch of elite role players on top of being the only team last PS to take 2 games from the Nuggets.

HylianNightmare
07-17-2023, 10:21 AM
Legacy been toast

BarberSchool
07-18-2023, 03:33 PM
His legacy, Westbrick’s chance at any real legacy were both mostly ruined when KG left for Golden State.

That move also slightly tarnished Steph & Klay’s legacies. Slightly.

Jasper
07-19-2023, 12:25 AM
players think if they put together an Olympic dream team , they can win it all.

Fact of the matter it is a team sport , role players , defenders, and boards matter more than ever.
Not scoring lights out.

I see the Suns maybe winning a chip within 3 years , but that is it , A CHIP.

highwhey
07-19-2023, 12:38 AM
They are iso scorers. Last year's Suns was one of the most my turn your turn playstyles we've seen in years. You have to be delusional or empty inside to think otherwise. Not saying they can't make it work, but that's what they did last year and throughout their history. Book taking some playmaking role here & there is not the same as doing it as a full time job.

If they figure out their playmaking and teamwork, their offense should be the best in the league though. I also don't see them as a lost cause because like you said, they got Beal and a bunch of elite role players on top of being the only team last PS to take 2 games from the Nuggets.

thats because monty did not know how to utilize them. and the role players couldnt hit a shot to save their lifes bc most of them aren't shooters, they're garbage.

bison
07-19-2023, 01:13 AM
The suns are trying to replicate the 2020 lakers. Surround superstars with mid or washed up role players and hope they create chemistry. It’s not a bad strategy, but it might not work against Denver.

hold this L
07-19-2023, 01:32 AM
thats because monty did not know how to utilize them. and the role players couldnt hit a shot to save their lifes bc most of them aren't shooters, they're garbage.

Or.. they're massive iso scorers. KD has been playing for over a decade and has always been that type of player. Except for his first season at Golden State. I don't believe Monty was coaching KD throughout his entire career. Also not sure I would blame Monty too much, he's the only coach that took Denver to 6 last postseason. Everybody else got cooked.

NBAGOAT
07-19-2023, 02:33 AM
vogel will make the defense better than it should be but he's not a much better offensive coach than monty. ayton will be happier but the offense is going be iso heavy

hold this L
07-19-2023, 08:45 AM
book and kd played very well off each other. people were raising the same exact concerns before they played their first game together. it's like none of you didnt watch any of the games. book and kd works. they were missing capable role players.

and monty is absolute garbage, i've been wishing they fire him for a while now. jae crowder outed him for freezing out him and ayton. monty didn't even show up to the arena when ayton signed his extension. he made it very clear he didn't like ayton or jae crowder, i cant even blame crowder for refusing to play.

Nothing you said addressed my point. KD and Book have been some of the iso-heavy type of players before Monty coached them. Blaming their iso play on Monty is retarded. Now Monty might not be a good coach, you might be right but you can't blame the way they played on the coach. Their entire resume is exactly that.

ArbitraryWater
07-19-2023, 09:07 AM
Its long toast

Jasper
07-19-2023, 09:11 AM
enter kevin young. he was part of monty's coaching staff and interviewed for the coaching position but ultimately stayed on and became the highest paid assistant coach in the nba (like $2m per year). players say he's a really good offensive coach. me thinks they kept him because they know vogel's strength isn't orchestrating a complex offense.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Oh7ZHLfvqJxPCFgIkobAa5DTVvk=/0x0:3003x4504/1200x800/filters:focal(1464x827:1944x1307)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/72318781/1258199754.0.jpg

during the series against the clippers, i sat near courtside and after one of those games, i posted on here that i had observed this white guy constantly running up to monty in-game to whisper in his ear...and moments later a nice play resulted, almost like this dude was the brains so to speak. :rolleyes:

interesting .. I did not know that ... but coach's most people don't realize are very dependent on their assistants.

That is why Coach B. with Milwaukee at the time , stated Ham could be a head coach , he was that good.

SATAN
07-19-2023, 09:56 AM
Let's hear why he's better than Malone or Barkley aside from versatility. I would not build a team around KD.

KD is a joke and has been for years. One of the biggest clowns in NBA history. He has a nice jump shot and wants to be the man. Wow. :oldlol:

If ESPN puts him in top 20 all time I will never watch basketball again.