PDA

View Full Version : Joel E. wants a title whether in philly or else where

Jasper
07-17-2023, 11:13 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38024592/joel-embiid-wants-title-whether-76ers-another-team

I am suspecting another year and he maybe in a Laker uni. :oldlol:

SATAN
07-17-2023, 11:24 PM
That "trust the process" gimmick was good in theory but has backfired quite spectacularly.

Real Men Wear Green
07-18-2023, 07:11 AM
That "trust the process" gimmick was good in theory but has backfired quite spectacularly.

They were forced to fire the architect of the process. It was likely to work eventually, you don't have to be good at picking talent if you have a top three lottery pick every year. I never respected it but they weren't allowed to stick to their plan.

Wardell Curry
07-18-2023, 08:30 AM
They were forced to fire the architect of the process. It was likely to work eventually, you don't have to be good at picking talent if you have a top three lottery pick every year. I never respected it but they weren't allowed to stick to their plan.

I don't know why people insist on pretending that Philly saw it through when the NBA literally forbade them. But they do. Anyways, Joel Embiid will never get a title as the man. The best shot he had at that was a couple years back but Kawhi traveled and had the luckiest bounce in NBA history to see an end to Embiid's title chances.

HylianNightmare
07-18-2023, 09:18 AM
Needs to team up with KD

Wally450
07-18-2023, 09:27 AM
He ain't gonna win if he goes to LA.

Jasper
07-18-2023, 09:55 AM
He ain't gonna win if he goes to LA.

Lakers have deep pockets , after Bron and glass athlete AD , they would retool for Joel E.

Real Men Wear Green
07-18-2023, 09:55 AM
I don't know why people insist on pretending that Philly saw it through when the NBA literally forbade them. But they do. Anyways, Joel Embiid will never get a title as the man. The best shot he had at that was a couple years back but Kawhi traveled and had the luckiest bounce in NBA history to see an end to Embiid's title chances.

The way players control where they go and how much (or little) the team that trades for them has to give up I would not say for sure Embiid never leads a team to a ring. The first question to be answered is what Philly does with Harden's situation. That probably won't lead to a championship but Harden is a valuable enough asset that it's possible they get that player(s) they need. Assuming that doesn't work the next question is how he takes control of his career. The only team that wouldn't want him is Denver and the only players that would be off limit are Jokic and Giannis. If he forces his way to Phoenix, Boston, or a few other teams he could be the best player on that team and still play for a title. If he wants 2026 can be the last year of his deal and he'll be 31 able to pick his spot. The only way he isn't leading a contender is injury if he is putting a championship over all other considerations.

Real Men Wear Green
07-18-2023, 09:57 AM
Lakers have deep pockets , after Bron and glass athlete AD , they would retool for Joel E.

They had nothing when they got James so it's possible but right now it's looking like he would be playing with Davis who is injury prone and not the best compliment to his game.

hold this L
07-18-2023, 10:15 AM
They had nothing when they got James so it's possible but right now it's looking like he would be playing with Davis who is injury prone and not the best compliment to his game.

They probably ship Davis to fund the move if Embiid wants to play there.

BarberSchool
07-18-2023, 10:19 AM
This has to really burn for Philly fans, and ownership.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Embiid is boo’d in Philly at some point next season.

hateraid
07-18-2023, 01:47 PM
GM is frustrating. Always takes too long to pull trigger then in hindsight we lost on some particular talent.

Imagine through Ben Simmons we could have had Haliburton AND Hield? That could have been a contending team.

Jasper
07-18-2023, 02:11 PM
After Erving and Moses title , they let Barkley go for literally nothing

they haven't learned their lesson , you hav a great player , the spending starts to get a chip.

How things are going Joel walks.

hateraid
07-18-2023, 04:46 PM
After Erving and Moses title , they let Barkley go for literally nothing

they haven't learned their lesson , you hav a great player , the spending starts to get a chip.

How things are going Joel walks.

Barkley wasn't surrounded properly after we decided Armon Gilliam was the answer and not find a suitable PG to replace Johnny Dawkins. We lacked a PG and a solid center. I really feel had Johnny Dawkins not been injured the Sixers would have contended in the east.

I really want Tobi gone. I saw Tobi for Lavine. Is this still not a possibility?

90sgoat
07-18-2023, 05:40 PM
Embiid is very immature.