PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Beal is going to play the Point guard position for the Phoenix Suns

Lebron23
07-18-2023, 03:15 AM
Can he do it??

https://scontent.fmnl8-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/359517729_659806809519685_1245350378823507438_n.jp g?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=109&cb=99be929b-59f725be&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=UYWWS0Zd5WwAX_WWz1w&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl8-2.fna&oh=00_AfCJjFEguyN_VJV4VrakmverleWQ3AFQwBnuSeqdn1Ob Aw&oe=64BB59AF

wagexslave
07-18-2023, 05:02 AM
He may be the starting PG, in a sense that "PG" will be next to his name on the stat sheet, but realistically him and Booker will be splitting the play-making duties nearly evenly. And the Suns offense will be a "point guard by committee" style anyways.

90sgoat
07-18-2023, 11:24 AM
Going to look a lot like FIBA USA team.

No leadership, bad defense, but maybe Durant can bail them out in a bunch of close games.

highwhey
07-18-2023, 11:35 AM

No leadership, bad defense, but maybe Durant can bail them out in a bunch of close games.

Maybe you can shut the fvck up.

90sgoat
07-18-2023, 11:46 AM
Maybe you can shut the fvck up.

Chill bro.

They can just prove me wrong.

Overdrive
07-18-2023, 12:46 PM

Are they going to look like Harden on the Nets last year?

SouBeachTalents
07-18-2023, 12:55 PM
Are they going to look like Harden on the Nets last year?
I think they'll be worse than that Nets team. Harden could at least be a facilitator and playmaker, no one on Phoenix is frankly even close to as good as Harden is in that capacity. Also, this Durant is not as good as he was that one season they played together, when he nearly knocked off Milwaukee singlehandedly.

The Suns are a hard team to read honestly, they have the scoring capacity to beat anybody, but I still feel like a team comprised of 3 perimeter players who's biggest asset is isolation scoring is a fundamentally flawed way to build a team.

AlternativeAcc.
07-18-2023, 02:15 PM
I think they'll be worse than that Nets team. Harden could at least be a facilitator and playmaker, no one on Phoenix is frankly even close to as good as Harden is in that capacity. Also, this Durant is not as good as he was that one season they played together, when he nearly knocked off Milwaukee singlehandedly.

The Suns are a hard team to read honestly, they have the scoring capacity to beat anybody, but I still feel like a team comprised of 3 perimeter players who's biggest asset is isolation scoring is a fundamentally flawed way to build a team.

I think you are solely underestimating each guys offball ability and passing

The way you typed makes it seem like 3 Carmelos, but its really 3 guys who are willing and able to pass, play off ball, and shoot lights out. Booker averaged 7 assists last year with CP on the team and Durant is a very willing passer. Beal is clearly a 3rd wheel and will alter his game to fit. He's the Boston Ray Allen of this big 3.

My only concern is injuries. Durant and Beal aren't exactly made of steel. But zero concerns if they actually stay healthy

BarberSchool
07-18-2023, 03:03 PM
Position designations don’t mean what they used to, at this point in NBA history.
All 3 of them, Durant, Booker, and Beal, will be the ball handler and the screener in numerous PNR actions.

New coaching staff will likely take advantage of using all 3 of them in Spain PNR, since Ayton despite his size, isn’t a much better screener than Durant or Book anyways. And certainly can’t pop and draw any defensive attention on any thing other than a roll str8 to the rim.

highwhey
07-18-2023, 04:06 PM

bro, did you watch them play? the offense and defense works really good, yes KD can play some good ass defense when it matters and Booker holds his own ground on that end. the failure point was not on them, it was on the trash ass teammates they have and the coach that had zero clue what to do. eventually defenses began seeing that the open guys weren't a priority since they aren't hitting shots so they kept focusing on KD and Book. all they need is some teammates to hit 3s and a coach that can make use of that spacing. which they appear to have now with a newly revamped roster.

aND harden is a better facilitator, yet Booker is good in his own right and has played PG to a good level. again, trash teammates...

brief example of KD's gravity and how suns teammates are trash for not capitilizing on wide open shots:

https://twitter.com/RyB_311/status/1680964145431166976

lmk if you have further questions, my door is always open

highwhey
07-18-2023, 04:12 PM
by game 2 the nuggets weren't guarding the role players...it's quite embarassing that these trash ass players couldn't hit wide open 3s when KD and Book were double at the same time...

proof:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1680980321146134529

tpols
07-18-2023, 04:36 PM
It's kind of wierd to have Bradley Beal bring the ball up every play... we don't know how full court pressure will affect him since he's not used to it having to do that every play. I'd imagine that's something coaches would scheme against to attack. But either way he's a huge plus to the team and somebody you can't just ignore.

This isn't 3 Joe Johnsons. Durant and Book and Beal can all playmake. And then they also have Ayton who although he hasn't made the team is an All Star center talent.

People forget the Nets with Harden, Kyrie, and Durant destroyed a Celtic team that was a title contender going forward. And the only thing that took them down was extreme injury. And imo that's the only thing that could take the Suns down.

90sgoat
07-18-2023, 05:39 PM
Nuggets were worst when Murray had to bring the ball up, almost lost them a game in the finals with it. There's a difference between being a decent driver of the catch and having to be ball secure with high intensity pressure from the baseline. Murray struggled with it.

It's weird if Suns don't at least get a competent vet point guard to play 25+ minutes just to bring the ball up.

RRR3
07-18-2023, 06:23 PM
by game 2 the nuggets weren't guarding the role players...it's quite embarassing that these trash ass players couldn't hit wide open 3s when KD and Book were double at the same time...

proof:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1680980321146134529
A big reason that series was as close as it was is Booker had one of the greatest playoff series in NBA history. He is extremely unlikely to play like that again (he was legitimately playing like peak MJ). His sizzling shooting made the teams look closer than they actually were. Suns are certainly dangerous but I wouldn't consider them favorites based on one series in which Booker played way over his head.

highwhey
07-18-2023, 06:32 PM
Nuggets were worst when Murray had to bring the ball up, almost lost them a game in the finals with it. There's a difference between being a decent driver of the catch and having to be ball secure with high intensity pressure from the baseline. Murray struggled with it.

It's weird if Suns don't at least get a competent vet point guard to play 25+ minutes just to bring the ball up.

apples to oranges. Booker is a better distributor than murray, and the nuggets don't have the personnel that the Suns do in terms of playmaking. Besides Murray and Jokic, which nuggets player can make their own plays? We've seen the disaster that is MPJ if you let him attempt that...they have a lot of good slashers and shooters, but they require setting the table. Suns have let's see...KD, Booker, Beal, Gordon...that's 4 pretty good players that can create their own shot as well as demand serious attention from the defense and as a result, create gravity. it's not a rocket science, the defense is allocated 5 bodies...and while the offense is allocated the same body count, certain players like Booker, KD, Beal demand the attention of more than 1 body at a time, otherwise the numbers tell us they are likely to score. That creates great opportunities for the scrubs to score...you just gotta have the right scrubs that can hit shots in those moments.

idk why the hell i keep repeating myself. BOOKER HAS BEEN THE POINT GUARD, CP3 GET INJURED, CP3 NO POINT GUARD IN PLAYOFFS, BOOK POINT GUARD, VERY GOOD. YES.

highwhey
07-18-2023, 06:39 PM
A big reason that series was as close as it was is Booker had one of the greatest playoff series in NBA history. He is extremely unlikely to play like that again (he was legitimately playing like peak MJ). His sizzling shooting made the teams look closer than they actually were. Suns are certainly dangerous but I wouldn't consider them favorites based on one series in which Booker played way over his head.

ummm....why do you think he played insanely efficient? could it be because the defense was occupied defending kd as well? ok, so playing next to an all time great scorer opens up Booker to do his thing. wow, it's almost like the suns front office knew this would happen. it's not his first playoffs series being efficient...he was very efficient the previous year, so he's show he can elevate his game during the post season. the team doesn't need him to have another iconic scoring performance, just to continue being decently efficient. and i'm playing to KD and now Beal will continue to help those odds.

I'd rather have Booker be as efficient as the previous year with good role players that can hit their shots than be as efficient as he was during the 23 playoffs. 50% from 3pt is insane, but that type of MJ-like performance doesn't win titles...Nikola figured that out and that's why he prefers to dish out dimes rather than trying to score 50pts a game.

SaltyMeatballs
07-18-2023, 06:45 PM
Modern basketball is basically positionless so im fine with this

highwhey
07-18-2023, 06:56 PM
Modern basketball is basically positionless so im fine with this

the warriors center is 6'6 draymond green, they don't have anyone over 6'8 and we talm about point guards? POINT GUARDS?!?!

Dbrog
07-18-2023, 07:08 PM
He played it for a few years on the Wizards way back when Wall got hurt. I haven't really watched the Wizards since then but this news isn't exactly surprising

bizil
07-19-2023, 03:27 PM
Most of today's PG's are SCORE FIRST GUYS anyway. Both Booker and Beal as passers/floor generals are on par with a good portion of them. The impressive thing about Harden is we have seen him be a score first SG, a score first PG, and a pass first PG at different points in his career. Most guys can't tailor their game like that effectively. Cause Harden is LEGIT one of the top 5 passers in the league. Booker OR Beal doesn't need to do that for the Suns to win big. The fact EITHER ONE is on par with a good portion of the league as floor generals is good enough. They were just playing SG. But BOTH have logged minutes as the PG FLAT OUT! The bigger concern for the Suns is being too top heavy. I'm worried one bit how Beal, Book, and KD will fit together!

Lebron23
07-20-2023, 03:45 AM
Stephen Jackson who is a natural shooting guard who played the point guard position for the Golden State Warriors and Charlotte Bobcats

Airupthere
07-20-2023, 09:58 AM
Stephen Jackson who is a natural shooting guard who played the point guard position for the Golden State Warriors and Charlotte Bobcats

Who?

hold this L
07-20-2023, 10:35 AM
the warriors center is 6'6 draymond green, they don't have anyone over 6'8 and we talm about point guards? POINT GUARDS?!?!

Looney* 6 9

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2024, 05:16 PM
Can he do it??

https://scontent.fmnl8-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/359517729_659806809519685_1245350378823507438_n.jp g?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=109&cb=99be929b-59f725be&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=UYWWS0Zd5WwAX_WWz1w&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl8-2.fna&oh=00_AfCJjFEguyN_VJV4VrakmverleWQ3AFQwBnuSeqdn1Ob Aw&oe=64BB59AF

It’s not working too well Louie :(