PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hardaway says Bol Bol is better than Wembanyama

Wardell Curry
07-21-2023, 09:20 AM
https://twitter.com/TheCartonShow/status/1682028608314040320

Tim Hardaway played in the NBA and he was a good player. That means there's no shot that he would ever give a bad take about the NBA. NBA players do not give bad takes about NBA basketball. They are all experts in their field. You feeble message board dwellers don't know what you're talking about. You've never played at that level so your ability to analyze is a mere shell of Hardaway's ability.

Why would anyone listen to one of us over Tim Hardaway? As if. Trust the pro.

RRR3
07-21-2023, 09:23 AM
You could write a very long book filled with pro player’s horrible takes.

HylianNightmare
07-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Well he's just wrong, that defense is atrocious

Wardell Curry
07-21-2023, 09:35 AM

No you couldn't. NBA players only give good and accurate takes about the NBA. Who are you? You've never even played high school basketball. That means you don't know anything.

I'll trust his opinion over yours!! Ha!

SATAN
07-21-2023, 09:48 AM

Is Caruso still better than Reaves?

RRR3
07-21-2023, 09:53 AM
I wouldn’t talk if I were you considering you still think LeBron is the best player.

SATAN
07-21-2023, 11:02 AM
I wouldn’t talk if I were you considering you still think LeBron is the best player.

Xiao Yao You
07-21-2023, 11:27 AM
No you couldn't. NBA players only give good and accurate takes about the NBA. Who are you? You've never even played high school basketball. That means you don't know anything.

the coaches and front office that waived Bol Bol because they didn't think he'd even be in their rotation know less than Hardaway and everyone else?

Xiao Yao You
07-21-2023, 11:28 AM

more like is Westbrook better than Caruso? Stupid to let Caruso go. Those are the kind of guys you want on your team

Wardell Curry
07-21-2023, 02:10 PM
the coaches and front office that waived Bol Bol because they didn't think he'd even be in their rotation know less than Hardaway and everyone else?

The coaches and front office aren't the players though!

The players are the only professionals and they're the only people that see things clearly because they you know, play the game. Their opinions matter the most! Tim Hardaway is right! Bol Bol > Wembanyama.

You've never played high school ball. Your opinion is invalid. Tim Hardaway was a five time All-Star. Shut up and listen to greatness when it's slapping you in the face. Players are closer to the situation than the rest of us. They do this for a living. They sink thousands and thousands of hours into playing. They know more about the NBA than you and can evaluate winning players better than you can. You are just a message board troll.

90sgoat
07-21-2023, 02:17 PM

He's a better defender isn't he?

Reaves is good, but value wise, I don't think it's clear that he is better than Caruso in all situations. Caruso could also be a borderline all star if he was the number 1 option.

Wardell Curry
07-21-2023, 02:29 PM

Reaves is good, but value wise, I don't think it's clear that he is better than Caruso in all situations. Caruso could also be a borderline all star if he was the number 1 option.

They're not worlds apart. It's possible that Reaves makes another leap. Caruso is like 28 or 29 so there's probably no real upward trajectory there any longer. Right now who you take probably depends on the construction of your roster. But Reaves isn't a spring chicken either for the NBA. He's already 25. NBA average age is 26.

To be fair though we should probably just not think about any of this and see what the experts have to say about Caruso vs Reeves. Maybe ask Tim Hardaway or something. He'll know.

warriorfan
07-21-2023, 03:29 PM
Tim is the funniest guy. He’s great.

He played with Manute and is just serving up the hottest of takes, I wouldn’t read too much into it

SATAN
07-21-2023, 09:31 PM
Caruso could also be a borderline all star if he was the number 1 option.

:oldlol:

PP34Deuce
07-21-2023, 09:41 PM
Reaves is a better offensive player and consistently able to take guys off the dribble and make plays. Caruso is stronger and more explosive but reaves is more fluid offensively.

Full Court
07-21-2023, 10:37 PM
Well we have tons of footage of Wembanyama playing NBA games to compare.....

Wardell Curry
07-23-2023, 12:05 AM
Gilbert Arenas says Bol Bol is a failure.

https://streamable.com/1920b4

Holy shit. Two ex All-Star players, Tim Hardaway and Gilbert Arenas, have conflicting opinions. I don't know what to think. NBA players are always right. They're pros. Just like the mods here are always right about everything they post.

But how can these two NBA players be right when they're saying two nearly entirely different things? There must be some hidden explanation that my feeble mind can not grasp. We all know that NBA pro players are to always be trusted for their stellar opinions.

It's almost as if _____.

imdaman99
07-23-2023, 01:09 AM

There is no way either of these guys are first option types. I think Caruso is more conducive to winning a chip than Reeves is because Reeves is a piss-poor defender. And the reason he did well on the Lakers offensively because other teams put their worst defenders on him

SATAN
07-23-2023, 01:55 AM
There is no way either of these guys are first option types. I think Caruso is more conducive to winning a chip than Reeves is because Reeves is a piss-poor defender. And the reason he did well on the Lakers offensively because other teams put their worst defenders on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpXTBAVLroc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUY5v9VjeZA

SATAN
07-23-2023, 01:59 AM
But seriously...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFmcY99E0U

bison
07-23-2023, 07:30 AM

You sound like an agitated nerd.

Wardell Curry
07-23-2023, 08:13 AM
You sound like an agitated nerd.

Don't you dare question NBA players. They played. You personally I doubt were good enough to make your elementary team.

Akeem34TheDream
07-23-2023, 04:19 PM
Gilbert Arenas says Bol Bol is a failure.

https://streamable.com/1920b4

Holy shit. Two ex All-Star players, Tim Hardaway and Gilbert Arenas, have conflicting opinions. I don't know what to think. NBA players are always right. They're pros. Just like the mods here are always right about everything they post.

But how can these two NBA players be right when they're saying two nearly entirely different things? There must be some hidden explanation that my feeble mind can not grasp. We all know that NBA pro players are to always be trusted for their stellar opinions.

It's almost as if _____.

Who the fvck told every single NBA player is right about everything basketball related? Of course they don't have the same opinion every single time. Analysts too disagree with each other all the time, fans even more so. Forget basketball; scientists, politicians, film directors and doctors often disagree with each other about their fields. That still doesn't mean that their opinion isn't more valuable than your average person's. You go around like a parrot repeating the same thing over and over without really explaining what you want to say. You probably want to say opinions of professional basketball players have less value than fans but you don't have the guts.

ILLsmak
07-23-2023, 08:37 PM
wemby has like 35% more chance to break in half tho, so you gotta take that into account.

-Smak

Wardell Curry
07-23-2023, 08:54 PM
You probably want to say opinions of professional basketball players have less value than fans but you don't have the guts.

I definitely don't want to say this. Their opinions are worth more than a casual fan's for sure, generally speaking. Their opinions are not worth more than the people who invest thousands of hours into watching and discussing basketball simply because they played. And it is evidenced time and time again that the players frequently say dumb shit just like fans do, and yet we have arguably the most respected poster on this board contending that player opinions are more valid than someone who has never played in the NBA that watches thousands of hours.

The players are generally very high on Carmelo Anthony as an example. Carmelo Anthony did not really play winning basketball at an NBA level. And that has nothing to do with winning or not winning a championship. Yes, he won it all in college, but that is a different beast. College guys have way less ego than NBA players on average because NBA players were always used to being the man prior to the NBA. If you black hole the ball on offense as Carmelo did and aren't a good defender, you are not going to be the cornerstone for a genuine contender, and his career reflected that, despite being one of the most talented scorers in the league and arguably of all time, which is what the players were looking at almost exclusively.