PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry Names All-Time NBA Starting 5

eliteballer
07-23-2023, 11:59 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2023/07/23/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-all-time-starting-five

Magic
Jordan
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq

SaltyMeatballs
07-24-2023, 12:07 AM
No LeBron is wild

eliteballer
07-24-2023, 12:10 AM
i keep telling yall, most ppl who have gotten their asses kicked by bron, REFUSE to give him his flowers because they suffer from trauma related to the ass kicking they received.

Maybe they just don't believe in 'Roids.

RRR3
07-24-2023, 12:12 AM
Steph still fuming about the beatdown 38 year old injured LeBron gave him this playoffs. The little guy is helpless against LeBron unless he has a minimum of 2 more allstar teammates.

hold this L
07-24-2023, 12:26 AM
LeRetards still don't grasp that framing the point that someone is mad at Bron beating him when when he's beaten him 3 out of 5 times.

Saying that Steph's list is kind of trash. You can't have MJ and.. the lesser version of MJ. If MJ is in, Kobe is out. You need to put someone else at the 3. Bron should just be there.

SATAN
07-24-2023, 12:32 AM
Yet another reason not to take Steph "the cuck" Curry seriously

TheMan
07-24-2023, 12:32 AM
i keep telling yall, most ppl who have gotten their asses kicked by bron, REFUSE to give him his flowers because they suffer from trauma related to the ass kicking they received.
Now say that without crying

SATAN
07-24-2023, 12:34 AM
you still secretly wish you could sleep with your cousin?

:roll:

TheMan
07-24-2023, 12:34 AM

Nah, she ain't my cousin. Meanwhile at least I can control my drinking habit :cheers:

TheMan
07-24-2023, 12:35 AM
:roll:

Laughing at your alt is pretty cringe, yikes

RRR3
07-24-2023, 12:35 AM
LeRetards still don't grasp that framing the point that someone is mad at Bron beating him when when he's beaten him 3 out of 5 times.

Saying that Steph's list is kind of trash. You can't have MJ and.. the lesser version of MJ. If MJ is in, Kobe is out. You need to put someone else at the 3. Bron should just be there.
It’s pretty sad Steph has only beaten LeBron 3/5 times considering he was heavily favored in all 5. But take that as a bragging point. No one in the history of the NBA was beating the Warriors with LeBron’s teammates in 2015, 2017 or 2018. It’d be like if the Nuggets bragged about beating the Timberwolves. Both times he’s had a chance he’s embarrassed Steph. Beat him in the playin as well.

RRR3
07-24-2023, 12:36 AM
Bodybagged.

hold this L
07-24-2023, 12:40 AM
It’s pretty sad Steph has only beaten LeBron 3/5 times considering he was heavily favored in all 5. But take that as a bragging point. No one in the history of the NBA was beating the Warriors with LeBron’s teammates in 2015, 2017 or 2018. It’d be like if the Nuggets bragged about beating the Timberwolves. Both times he’s had a chance he’s embarrassed Steph. Beat him in the playin as well.
Yes, I will take someone having a better H2H playoff record, which is the common theme with Lebron for every top ATG outside of KG. Timmy, Steph and KD all have a winning record. But hey, congratulations on being the underdog for playoff series. That's much more important. :applause:

RRR3
07-24-2023, 12:43 AM
Yes, I will take someone having a better H2H playoff record, which is the common theme with Lebron for every top ATG outside of KG. Timmy, Steph and KD all have a winning record. But hey, congratulations on being the underdog for playoff series. That's much more important. :applause:
By your troll logic, Steve Nash>Kobe because he’s 2-1 versus him in the playoffs. Never mind the one time they had relatively even supporting casts, Kobe beat the pants off of him. Congrats on KD and Duncan beating LeBron in 2007, 2017 and 2018, truly incredible odds they beat there. I’m even giving you 2014 despite that not being LeBron’s fault either so you can’t even say I’m being biased. Unless you think LeBron should have beat prime Tim Duncan before he himself was in his prime and his best teammate was Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Or that he should have beat the Warriors+KD when no one could. He was the only person to get a game from them in 2017 ffs.

RRR3
07-24-2023, 12:59 AM
there's zero case for curry over lebron in overall terms. it's not even close.
Bird>MJ all time. Beat him H2H in the playoffs. I don't care if MJ's best teammate was Charles Oakley, he should have beat a team full of HOFers.

hold this L
07-24-2023, 01:00 AM
By your troll logic, Steve Nash>Kobe because he’s 2-1 versus him in the playoffs. Never mind the one time they had relatively even supporting casts, Kobe beat the pants off of him. Congrats on KD and Duncan beating LeBron in 2007, 2017 and 2018, truly incredible odds they beat there. I’m even giving you 2014 despite that not being LeBron’s fault either so you can’t even say I’m being biased. Unless you think LeBron should have beat prime Tim Duncan before he himself was in his prime and his best teammate was Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Or that he should have beat the Warriors+KD when no one could. He was the only person to get a game from them in 2017 ffs.
Can you stop sounding like a f*cking loser? I know it's tough, but you gotta try. Of course, the H2H record doesn't mean Steph is better than Lebron. Lebron fanatics (not fans) are the only idiots in any sport that I have ever seen that talk about vegas odds or someone not being favored as some sort of an excuse. I don't remember people complaining or shrugging when Liverpool lost to Madrid to .. "well they lost to best football team ever, you can't blame them." Nobody cares if he was not favored by odds or seen as a favorite vs x or y team. Only you idiots do.

there's zero case for curry over lebron in overall terms. it's not even close.
I'm being a bit dramatic, Lebron clears Steph and it's not even a debate.

RRR3
07-24-2023, 01:04 AM
Can you stop sounding like a f*cking loser? I know it's tough, but you gotta try. Of course, the H2H record doesn't mean Steph is better than Lebron. Lebron fanatics (not fans) are the only idiots in any sport that I have ever seen that talk about vegas odds or someone not being favored as some sort of an excuse. I don't remember people complaining or shrugging when Liverpool lost to Madrid to .. "well they lost to best football team ever, you can't blame them." Nobody cares if he was not favored by odds or seen as a favorite vs x or y team. Only you idiots do.

I'm being a bit dramatic, Lebron clears Steph and it's not even a debate.
You’re the one who came into this thread raging about people saying Steph was salty and trying to act like he has no reason to be because he and his elite teammates beat up on far inferior teams that LeBron happened to be on. Would you say Bird wasn’t being salty if he left MJ off his all time team because he was 3-0 versus MJ in the playoffs with lopsided supporting casts?

hold this L
07-24-2023, 01:18 AM
You’re the one who came into this thread raging about people saying Steph was salty and trying to act like he has no reason to be because he and his elite teammates beat up on far inferior teams that LeBron happened to be on. Would you say Bird wasn’t being salty if he left MJ off his all time team because he was 3-0 versus MJ in the playoffs with lopsided supporting casts?
Because the idea of Steph being salty about that particular reason is silly. He has beaten him more than the other way around, it's hard to be bitter when you beat someone more than they beat you. Unless you're a psychopath like MJ.

And if Bird did that, I'd put it as him having awful takes like most ATG do than him being bitter MJ's better. My guess on why Steph did it is less about Lebron beating him and more into the political stuff between them, but that goes into Alex Jones-tier conspiracy.

https://media.tenor.com/d-CLcpHUYQgAAAAC/conspiracy-theory.gif

1987_Lakers
07-24-2023, 01:24 AM
Curry needed Kevin freakin Durant to beat him. :oldlol:

RRR3
07-24-2023, 01:36 AM
Because the idea of Steph being salty about that particular reason is silly. He has beaten him more than the other way around, it's hard to be bitter when you beat someone more than they beat you. Unless you're a psychopath like MJ.

And if Bird did that, I'd put it as him having awful takes like most ATG do than him being bitter MJ's better. My guess on why Steph did it is less about Lebron beating him and more into the political stuff between them, but that goes into Alex Jones-tier conspiracy.

https://media.tenor.com/d-CLcpHUYQgAAAAC/conspiracy-theory.gif
Idk if anyone leaves LeBron or MJ off their all time team I suspect bitterness. I'm not saying Steph is bitter off the playoffs either, it could be for other reasons. Don't see how it wouldn't be basketball related, both Steph and LeBron are liberals last I checked?

Axe
07-24-2023, 01:37 AM
Durant > kobe

JohnMax
07-24-2023, 01:46 AM
https://www.si.com/nba/2023/07/23/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-all-time-starting-five

Magic
Jordan
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Nysb-m49Ol0

SouBeachTalents
07-24-2023, 08:25 AM
It’s crazy how many players have both Jordan AND Kobe on their all time teams. So low IQ :lol Forget even LeBron, give me one argument why you’d pick Kobe over Bird or Kawhi for your team when you already have Jordan, or how that would make your team better.

WhiteKyrie
07-24-2023, 01:52 PM
I mean, I guess he doesn't respect LeBron all that much. They've had beef, and were competitive contemporaries. The same shade is thrown at Jordan at times, as well. He didn't name KD either, and that was briefly his own teammate. That or he just respects those other guys that much more as players. No need to be so sensitive over it.

Manny98
07-24-2023, 04:25 PM
Fair list

LeBron stans butt hurt that he didn't include him :oldlol:

Charlie Sheen
07-24-2023, 04:52 PM
During the selection, Curry originally went with Larry Bird at small forward but made a late substitution going with Bryant instead.
I am cool with this. Not loading up the team with players before his time. Would have been fine with me if he took Magic off for Kobe.

the point guard went with an all-retired players lineup
Took the easy way out, but everyone knows Lebron belongs on any all time team anyway.

ArbitraryWater
07-24-2023, 05:02 PM
hasnt he done this like twice before and both times lebron was in it?

lmao why do they flip flop so much?

these guys dont even think about this shit, get asked on a pod, and randomly come up with names at the top of their head

StrongLurk
07-24-2023, 05:57 PM
Most current players only use retired players in their top 5.

TheMan
07-24-2023, 06:03 PM
I mean, I guess he doesn't respect LeBron all that much. They've had beef, and were competitive contemporaries. The same shade is thrown at Jordan at times, as well. He didn't name KD either, and that was briefly his own teammate. That or he just respects those other guys that much more as players. No need to be so sensitive over it.

Exactly, it's subjective, it's HIS opinion. LeTurd stans crying he didn't include their mancrush :lol

LeGoat4Life
07-24-2023, 10:39 PM
Pretty good list in general from Chef Dingo

Not sure why Lebron fans are crying about it?

Lebron is general consensus top 13

kawhileonard2
07-25-2023, 10:19 PM

Steph has beaten Lebron more times and has as many titles in less seasons.

Axe
07-25-2023, 11:24 PM
Meltdown. Stfu jordansbulls.

bizil
07-26-2023, 08:32 PM
From a GOAT standpoint, the starting 5 has been cut and dry for several years now to me:

PG- Magic
SG- MJ
SF- Bron
PF- Duncan
C- Kareem

Steph one day might get Magic. And one day I could see Giannis get Timmy. But MJ-Bron-Kareem are much more secure in their spots.

Only thing is IF you are picking by position, Kobe can't be placed at the SF. His primary position was SG. BUT if you are allowed to pick outta position WHILE putting together a team that makes sense, HELLA PEOPLE will have MJ, Kobe, and Bron in the same starting five. A team KD put together for his ideal starting five was:

PG: Bron
SG: MJ
SF: Mamba
PF: KD
C: Dream

That squad could ABSOLUTELY WORK! But when making an all time five GOAT (resume) by position, a peak-prime five by position, and more of a freelance 5 where you can pick outta position and career resume doesn't matter as much are all totally different lists.

r0drig0lac
07-27-2023, 07:00 AM

this

Johnny32
07-27-2023, 07:13 AM
steph intentionally did NOT include any ACTIVE players on this list. he's already on record calling lebron arguably the goat. the fat kids on this board are always so uninformed.

TheMan
07-27-2023, 08:38 PM
steph intentionally did NOT include any ACTIVE players on this list. he's already on record calling lebron arguably the goat. the fat kids on this board are always so uninformed.

Fuming!

kawhileonard2
07-27-2023, 11:52 PM
Meltdown. Stfu jordansbulls.

Who is that? Steph didn't even put Lebron on his list.

SouBeachTalents
07-27-2023, 11:57 PM
Who is that? Steph didn't even put Lebron on his list.
It’s the account you have 60,000 posts with saying the same shit you do here.

Johnny32
07-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Lol look at the fat kids desperately trying to ignore the facts lol so pathetic and embarrassing.

nayte
07-28-2023, 05:54 AM
3 pages of meltdowns. Who cares who he has. You LeBron Stan's are a weird bunch

TheMan
07-29-2023, 02:45 AM
Lol look at the fat kids desperately trying to ignore the facts lol so pathetic and embarrassing.

Still fuming!

Axe
07-29-2023, 03:10 AM
It’s the account you have 60,000 posts with saying the same shit you do here.
:oldlol: