PDA

View Full Version : Memo sent by the nba to teams, Dame, his agent, and the union.

Kblaze8855
07-28-2023, 08:40 PM
“Recent media reports stated that Damian Lillard’s agent, Aaron Goodwin, called multiple NBA teams to warn them against trading for Lillard because Lillard’s only desired trade destination is Miami. Goodwin also made public comments indicating that Lillard would not fully perform the services called for under his player contract if traded to another team.
We interviewed Goodwin and Lillard and also spoke with several NBA teams to whom Goodwin spoke. Goodwin denied stating or indicating to any team that Lillard would refuse to play for them. Goodwin and Lillard affirmed to us that Lillard would fully perform the services called for under his player contract in any trade scenario. The relevant teams provided descriptions of their communications with Goodwin that were mostly, though not entirely, consistent with Goodwin’s statements to us.

We have advised Goodwin and Lillard that any future comments, made privately to teams or publicly, suggesting Lillard will not fully perform the services called for under his player contract in the event of a trade will subject Lillard to discipline by the NBA. We also have advised the Players Association that any similar comments by players or their agents will be subject to discipline going forward.”

PistonsFan#21
07-28-2023, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure how the NBA could enforce any sanctions on some comments that were supposedly done privately. Lillard and his agent can just deny ever saying anything and it will be their word against the GMS.

Did Kobe get sanctioned for saying he wouldn't play for anybody else other than Lakers on draft night?

FultzNationRISE
07-28-2023, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure how the NBA could enforce any sanctions on some comments that were supposedly done privately. Lillard and his agent can just deny ever saying anything and it will be their word against the GMS.

Did Kobe get sanctioned for saying he wouldn't play for anybody else other than Lakers on draft night?

Not if it’s recorded.

Remember these are the teams he’s telling NOT to trade for him. They have no reason not to bust him.

SATAN
07-28-2023, 09:04 PM
I hope Lillard never, ever wins a championship. What a ****ing cornball.

Jasper
07-28-2023, 09:16 PM
I hope Lillard never, ever wins a championship. What a ****ing cornball.

I do , but making 'demands' like this is the only team I will play for , should be a ban from the league for 1 year.
Players will take notice , of no money coming in , and no competition that their adrenalin needs.

PistonsFan#21
07-28-2023, 09:16 PM
Not if it’s recorded.

Remember these are the teams he’s telling NOT to trade for him. They have no reason not to bust him.

Yea makes sense. At this point though the message is already out so he doesn't need to double down on it. The fact that he publicly denies it now won't change what he already told them behind closed doors. I wonder if some other teams will still try to trade for him now.

Real Men Wear Green
07-28-2023, 10:47 PM
Portland wants too much back to call his bluff. It would be very easy for him to go to a new team and do all the mandatory stuff just give a crap effort.

FultzNationRISE
07-28-2023, 11:39 PM
Yea makes sense. At this point though the message is already out so he doesn't need to double down on it. The fact that he publicly denies it now won't change what he already told them behind closed doors. I wonder if some other teams will still try to trade for him now.

I would think - and hope - it’s all just posturing by Lillard. If he actually got traded to a contender and tanked their season? Itd be a huge embarrassment to his reputation. Not to mention he’d be letting his new teammates down big time. I know he wants to go to Miami and this is part of the maneuvering, but he seems like a genuine competitor. If he did end up somewhere else with a real chance to compete for a title, I cant believe he would actually job it.

Honestly if I was another team I wouldnt hesitate to trade for him if the deal was right.

That said, it would be a perfect fit in Miami.

Axe
07-29-2023, 02:18 AM
Feels like sabotage. Silver's version of pulling off a 2011 stern.

iamgine
07-29-2023, 03:01 AM

I don't think they need to enforce anything. If after this warning they still hear about this, they can make life very difficult for Lillard in so many ways in the short and long term. So it's really in his best interest not to continue this kind of behavior.

90sgoat
07-29-2023, 07:36 AM
Silver is a weak commish. Agents and players **** him over.

Maybe time for a new commish, like say, Larry Bird, Greg Popovich or Jerry West. Doesn't have to be a jew every time.

Jasper
07-29-2023, 09:52 AM
Portland wants too much back to call his bluff. It would be very easy for him to go to a new team and do all the mandatory stuff just give a crap effort.

If a player did not play up to his standard and started playing without effort (see Simmons)
the league should ban that player as much as drug abuse.
Players controlling all facets of the game is getting out of hand.

Real Men Wear Green
07-29-2023, 10:01 AM
If a player did not play up to his standard and started playing without effort (see Simmons)
the league should ban that player as much as drug abuse.
Players controlling all facets of the game is getting out of hand.

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. If Lillaird goes out there and averaged 15 points on 40% it will be highly suspect but you think he can't easily find a doctor to diagnose him with knee tendinitis? Even Simmons who clearly deserved nothing got some money from the Sixers who were trying to get out of paying him.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2023, 11:31 AM
I’d love to see someone try to prove a player who was shooting 36% instead of his usual 44 was tanking. The raptors would have tried it with Vince if they could.

Axe
07-29-2023, 05:56 PM
Sucks to see dame not getting what he wants rn.