PDA

View Full Version : Dr. J with the worst top 10 list you’ll ever see

RRR3
07-30-2023, 12:05 PM
https://twitter.com/thedunkcentral/status/1685444060616495104?s=46&t=03VMWS49WBcQFjNGjqNl6Q

dazzer87
07-30-2023, 12:06 PM
Where legoat at? :roll:

RRR3
07-30-2023, 12:07 PM
Yeah he’s the only person missing. Retard.

warriorfan
07-30-2023, 12:10 PM

lmaooo

op having a cry because bron isn’t included, amazing

now we are going to have to hear how he knows more about basketball than julius erving

:roll:

dazzer87
07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Yeah he’s the only person missing. Retard.

This weirdo mad at hell….great way to start Sunday morning off…

RRR3
07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
lmaooo

now we are going to have to hear how he knows more about basketball than julius erving

Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, Bird and Curry weren’t included either. Not everything is about your deranged LeBron obsession.

SouBeachTalents
07-30-2023, 12:12 PM
It’s about time Archibald got his due.

warriorfan
07-30-2023, 12:13 PM
Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, Bird and Curry weren’t included either. Not everything is about your deranged LeBron obsession.

yes, i’m sure that’s why you are in hysterics right now.

This weirdo mad at hell….great way to start Sunday morning off…

lmaoo

RRR3
07-30-2023, 12:14 PM
It’s about time Archibald got his due.
It would have been more respectable if he listed himself. Who tf thinks Archibald is better than Dr. J?

warriorfan
07-30-2023, 12:19 PM
It would have been more respectable if he listed himself. Who tf thinks Archibald is better than Dr. J?

Apparently Dr J thinks so. I’m sure he’s tore up because you don’t “respect” his list

RRR3
07-30-2023, 12:20 PM
You can always tell when wf is on a crack binge.

warriorfan
07-30-2023, 12:24 PM
You can always tell when wf is on a crack binge.

you can always tell when your estrogen levels are out of wack and you turn into a pathetic whiny baby

HylianNightmare
07-30-2023, 12:26 PM
He's old

SouBeachTalents
I think I remember reading somewhere that Dr. J said he will never update his top 10 list, hence why nobody whose accomplishments came post 2000 are on there. Though why Bird & Hakeem didn’t make it, I couldn’t tell ya :lol Or hell, even the dude he ringed up with, the other Malone.

RRR3
you can always tell when your estrogen levels are out of wack and you turn into a pathetic whiny baby
Boiling :oldlol:

RRR3
07-30-2023, 12:28 PM
I think I remember reading somewhere that Dr. J said he will never update his top 10 list, hence why nobody whose accomplishments came post 2000 are on there. Though why Bird & Hakeem didn’t make it, I couldn’t tell ya :lol Or hell, even the dude he ringed up with, the other Malone.
His list is terrible even if we omit everyone who played post 2000. No Bird and Hakeem is insane. The Bird omission has to be saltiness, didn’t they get in a fight? And yes now that you mention not mentioning his 3x MVP teammate is very notable given his criteria seems to be guys pre 2000.

warriorfan
07-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Boiling :oldlol:

Yes, i’m boiling because you are having a sunday morning meltdown since bran wasn’t included in a top 10 list

lmaooo, nailed it bro

RRR3
07-30-2023, 12:31 PM
The list would be pretty much just as bad even if he included LeBron. Crackfan sharp as a bowling ball as usual.

warriorfan
07-30-2023, 12:35 PM
The list would be pretty much just as bad even if he included LeBron. Crackfan sharp as a bowling ball as usual.

Yes, I’m sure if he included LeBron and left out the other guys you would still be here having a fit over it….

Sounds legit.

:yaohappy:

1987_Lakers
07-30-2023, 12:46 PM
Archibald? lol

tontoz
07-30-2023, 12:50 PM
Yeah that is pretty embarrassing.

Phoenix
07-30-2023, 01:48 PM
Dr.J's list has always favoured players from his era( not sure why he favors Karl Malone over any number of HIS contemporaries, though).

End of the day,all of these players have their own lists, for whatever arbitrary reasons. As you were....

sdot_thadon
07-30-2023, 02:05 PM
I always ask 1st when I see lists that strike me as odd, what was the criteria and maybe then it can make a bit of sense. But most lists I've seen can be picked apart if you ask them to go beyond 15.

3ba11
07-30-2023, 03:59 PM
Once they get past the hype, most people understand that Lebron is not a winner

John8204
07-30-2023, 04:14 PM
I like it....it's something different lots of respect for giving Tiny Archibald his flowers

Real Men Wear Green
07-30-2023, 05:08 PM
It's not that bad. My list would be very different but I'm pretty sure his list is a product of who he came to respect most with a bias in favor of players for his era. The biggest guys outside the norm would be Malone and Archibald. Well it was only for one season but Archibald averaged 34 points on 48.8% and 11 assists playing as a small guard without a three point line. If you think about it that's extremely impressive. Malone was scum off the court but if you just consider his resume on the floor you have a great defender and rebounder that also scored the third most points of all time. Calling him a top ten all time great isn't that crazy.

The glaring omission is of course Lebron James. And I fully agree that he should be on a top 10 list. But I have a theory on that: Dr. J is holding a grudge. There is no quote that I am sourcing here just a theory based on actions, specifically regarding the jersey number. When James first left Cleveland he said that the entire league should stop wearing #23 out of respect. The real reason was that the Heat had retired that jersey but at the time he was trying to be coy for whatever reasons. So he puts on #6. Guess who wore #6? Doctor J. When James named his Mt Rushmore who wasn't on it? A lot of people but the relevant name here is Julius Erving. James has in a few cases decided not to put Doc on par with the greatest players of all time. That may be a legit opinion but there absolutely was a time when a lot of people thought Dr J was the best player in the game. The man had to have an ego and I'm guessing that him not naming James to his top 10 list is a little bit of payback.

Full Court
07-30-2023, 05:13 PM
Bronie's only a fringe top tenner, so it's not a terrible list.

I mean, he's in danger of getting booted out of my top ten by Curry or Jokic in the next few years.

RRR3
07-30-2023, 05:27 PM
It's not that bad. My list would be very different but I'm pretty sure his list is a product of who he came to respect most with a bias in favor of players for his era. The biggest guys outside the norm would be Malone and Archibald. Well it was only for one season but Archibald averaged 34 points on 48.8% and 11 assists playing as a small guard without a three point line. If you think about it that's extremely impressive. Malone was scum off the court but if you just consider his resume on the floor you have a great defender and rebounder that also scored the third most points of all time. Calling him a top ten all time great isn't that crazy.

The glaring omission is of course Lebron James. And I fully agree that he should be on a top 10 list. But I have a theory on that: Dr. J is holding a grudge. There is no quote that I am sourcing here just a theory based on actions, specifically regarding the jersey number. When James first left Cleveland he said that the entire league should stop wearing #23 out of respect. The real reason was that the Heat had retired that jersey but at the time he was trying to be coy for whatever reasons. So he puts on #6. Guess who wore #6? Doctor J. When James named his Mt Rushmore who wasn't on it? A lot of people but the relevant name here is Julius Erving. James has in a few cases decided not to put Doc on par with the greatest players of all time. That may be a legit opinion but there absolutely was a time when a lot of people thought Dr J was the best player in the game. The man had to have an ego and I'm guessing that him not naming James to his top 10 list is a little bit of payback.
Even if he included LeBron he’s still missing Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Curry, Bird and Hakeem.

Johnny32
07-30-2023, 08:21 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1761187-julius-erving-reveals-dr-js-all-time-starting-five-leaves-out-michael-jordan

He left Lil.Mikey out of his top 5 years ago and since he's retired he can't ever move up.

LeOuchie

SATAN
07-30-2023, 10:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdpIJrJ1TTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saS6q7p-VxI

Jasper
07-30-2023, 11:28 PM
https://twitter.com/thedunkcentral/status/1685444060616495104?s=46&t=03VMWS49WBcQFjNGjqNl6Q

must remember he is in a different era.

hold this L
07-31-2023, 03:53 PM
So no player in the last 25 years based on his POV? Get some medicine before speaking next time :lol

RRR3
07-31-2023, 05:15 PM
So no player in the last 25 years based on his POV? Get some medicine before speaking next time :lol
Apparently he left MJ out of his top 5 too. Man’s just trolling at this point. No way he thinks there’s 5 players better than MJ.

ShawkFactory
07-31-2023, 05:21 PM
Leaving out Bird is the most ridiculous. If he’s not going to have newer guys there then that is what it is. It’s dumb but at least consistent.

Not having bird if you’re not going to include guys after 1995 is terrible. And we know exactly why. So salty.

Wardell Curry
07-31-2023, 05:27 PM
But he's a former player though. And a really good one. His take is correct. He knows better than all of you. He played the game. You couldn't even make your middle school team.

Dr J is a brilliant basketball mind with spot on takes, along with every other former NBA player, even when their opinions conflict, they're all still right. Because they played, and you didn't. You're dumb. They're smart.

And1AllDay
07-31-2023, 07:20 PM
lmaooo

wheres curry welfare fatty?

LeGoat4Life
08-01-2023, 12:47 AM
Definitely one of the better list out there compare to all Lestans list on this forum

Dr J rated Lebron perfectly, that’s the general consensus anyways top 15

Don’t let the minority claiming Lebron to be top 10 fool you

hold this L
08-01-2023, 12:47 PM
Apparently he left MJ out of his top 5 too. Man’s just trolling at this point. No way he thinks there’s 5 players better than MJ.

That's not even worse than not including Lebron in the top 10.

RogueBorg
08-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Leaving out Bird is the most ridiculous. And we know exactly why. So salty.

I hated it at the time but Bird and the Celtics owned Philly in the 80's except for one year.

ShawkFactory
08-01-2023, 02:24 PM
I hated it at the time but Bird and the Celtics owned Philly in the 80's except for one year.

Yea and leaving out the guy who was most responsible for owning you seems counterintuitive.

SouBeachTalents
08-01-2023, 02:36 PM
How did Boston own Phily? They split their 4 series and won an identical number of games.

GOBB
08-09-2023, 08:32 PM

Dr J said about his list that active players are not on it because their careers aren’t finished. When Bron (and Durant) finish their careers both will be in his top 10 replacing karl Malone and Tiny Archibald.

TJ44
08-12-2023, 06:55 AM
I always wonderes why Dominique Wilkins never made it to one of those lists.
He single handedly brought the Hawks even to a 7 Game Conf Final against one of the best Teams ever the Celtics.
All by himself against a whole Team to a 7 Game Series.

GOBB
08-12-2023, 09:14 AM
I always wonderes why Dominique Wilkins never made it to one of those lists.
He single handedly brought the Hawks even to a 7 Game Conf Final against one of the best Teams ever the Celtics.
All by himself against a whole Team to a 7 Game Series.

Not so much top 10 but just generally speaking/ranking his name is never mentioned. Charles Barkley often gets mentioned as the greatest player to never win a ring. But at least someone mentions Charles in some capacity. Nique never gets mentioned. Even when lists extend beyond 15 to top 20. I get he played in magic/bird era and was caught up in MJ era. That doesn’t deny the fact he was a beast.