PDA

View Full Version : Going into next season how many of these people are you taking over prime Steve Nash?

Kblaze8855
07-31-2023, 06:48 PM
This guy here

https://youtu.be/BzV7QHUsLT0

Or these guys:

Tatum
Embiid
Luka
Booker
Dame
Steph
Anthony Davis
Jimmy Butler

You take Nash over which ones?

Real Men Wear Green
07-31-2023, 06:53 PM
With the way the league is now Nash would be second only to Curry. I am making the unsafe assumption that he decides he has to take advantage of the rules and score.

FultzNationRISE
07-31-2023, 06:56 PM
In today's era I think you have to take Nash over all of them.

ArbitraryWater
07-31-2023, 07:07 PM
possibly no one, tbh.

Just gave me another perspective of how stacked todays game is.

Oh definitely over Tatum

FultzNationRISE
07-31-2023, 08:03 PM
possibly no one, tbh.

Just gave me another perspective of how stacked todays game is.

Oh definitely over Tatum

ItÂ’s definitely a better era overall thanks to the unprecedented influence of LeKing Perfect James, but Nash would be crazy valuable now. High motor, team oriented all time great shooter and passer whose weak defense doesnt matter anymore. He was a two time MVP in the lowest scoring era of the NBA. Imagine how valuable hed be today. His game is exactly what every point guard should be today.

tontoz
07-31-2023, 09:04 PM
Really it would depend on what other players I have on the team. I can make a case for him over any of those players, but it won't be a strong case for all of them.

Nash in this era would be pretty scary. He is a better shooter than everyone on that list except Curry and is easily the best playmaker. In his prime his D was roughly average, not nearly as bad as his haters claimed.

warriorfan
07-31-2023, 09:23 PM
i'm taking nash over all of them. nash never choked like curry, his only crutch was not shooting more but that was a different era and every coach and gm would put a gun to his head now to force him to shoot more bc his shot was wet.

i'd also take him over gianna. i know you didn't include that dumb bitch in the OP, but i'm letting you know anyway. let jeff know too.

low iq beaner take

iamgine
07-31-2023, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't Nash just be Tyrese Haliburton?

Carbine
07-31-2023, 09:32 PM
This guy here

https://youtu.be/BzV7QHUsLT0

Or these guys:

Tatum
Embiid
Luka
Booker
Dame
Steph
Anthony Davis
Jimmy Butler

You take Nash over which ones?

I'd take Nash over everyone but Steph. A lot of them are close enough that I wouldn't argue much, but Nash pick and rolls would entertain me a hell of a lot more than Luka ball.

Nash had some gritty ass shit to his game too. In playoff games. I remember his bloodied as hell hitting massive shots in the corner against the Spurs.

FultzNationRISE
07-31-2023, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't Nash just be Tyrese Haliburton?

Statistically theyre close, itd be interesting to know how the pace of play compares between them. Nash played on the fastest team in the slowest era, Burt plays on probably an average paced team in a much faster era. Nash is a slightly more efficient shooter across the board, altho Burt shoots at an impressive clip in his own right.

Reggie43
08-01-2023, 12:37 AM
How would Nash numbers look like in the modern game? An efficient/smart 24pts 12asts with bad defense? Doesnt really stand out from those other guys who could give you more scoring but less assists.

elementally morale
08-01-2023, 11:01 AM
How would Nash numbers look like in the modern game? An efficient/smart 24pts 12asts with bad defense? Doesnt really stand out from those other guys who could give you more scoring but less assists.

In today's game Nash could have more points than that if he shot more. Especially because he would get plenty of FTs with the game now being called. 12 assist sounds about right but with a team that has good shooters and an explosive big man that number could also get a bit higher. Nash would easily be top 5.

tpols
08-01-2023, 11:04 AM
Only Curry... if luka gets in shape he's a playoff beast as well.