PDA

View Full Version : Top five NBA players at each position for 2023

Street Hunger
08-12-2023, 01:16 AM
Who are the top five NBA players at each position for 2023?

PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

John8204
08-12-2023, 07:10 AM
Good question

PG - Luka, Curry, SGA, Brunson, Beal

SG - Booker, Mitchell, Murray, Ja, Dame

SF - Durant, Lebron, Butler, Brown, Leonard

PF - Giannis, Tatum, Davis, Markkanen, Dray

C - Jokic, Embiid, Sabonis, Zion, Bam

Real Men Wear Green
08-12-2023, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure what Zion Williamson is but I don't think he's a center. Also if no one is traded Brown is likely to start at SG and Tatum SF, though both will see minutes at the bigger position.

Axe
08-12-2023, 08:24 AM
I'm not sure what Zion Williamson is but I don't think he's a center. Also if no one is traded Brown is likely to start at SG and Tatum SF, though both will see minutes at the bigger position.
Yep, zion is too short to be a center.

Xiao Yao You
08-12-2023, 08:56 AM
Lauri is a 3

John8204
08-12-2023, 09:16 AM
Lauri is a 3

I think Lauri, Collins and Kessler are rotating center/forward positions

I had Zion at PF but then I looked at the center options and I don't know who else would be All-Star and worth ranking. Didn't really want to have KAT at five and Bam at four, Zion at the very lease is an MVP caliber player when healthy on the floor

Xiao Yao You
08-12-2023, 09:31 AM

I had Zion at PF but then I looked at the center options and I don't know who else would be All-Star and worth ranking. Didn't really want to have KAT at five and Bam at four, Zion at the very lease is an MVP caliber player when healthy on the floor

Kessler is the center

Real Men Wear Green
08-12-2023, 09:56 AM

Porzingis isn't as good as "healthy" Williamson but he's more likely to be a starting center. But could also be a starting 4. Would be harder for Robert Williams to Crack the top five because he won't score much but his defensive impact is among the highest in the league.

I have a Celtics homer answer for everything. Should be a good season.

Xiao Yao You
08-12-2023, 10:13 AM
Porzingis isn't as good as "healthy" Williamson but he's more likely to be a starting center. But could also be a starting 4. Would be harder for Robert Williams to Crack the top five because he won't score much but his defensive impact is among the highest in the league.

Isn't Williams like Zion, Davis and Kawai usuallly hurt? This year that actually matters as far as awards go

Real Men Wear Green
08-12-2023, 10:56 AM
Isn't Williams like Zion, Davis and Kawai usuallly hurt? This year that actually matters as far as awards go

His first few years he just didn't play much because he wasn't ready. He had a big injury two seasons ago and rushed back because the Celtics looked like contenders (that was the Finals year). After potentially ruinng his long term health that season last season the Celtics gave him something like the first 30 games off and then borderline Kawhi Leonard treatment for the rest of the season. He was able to handle normal responsibilities in the playoffs and has a clean bill of health (has been working on his game this offseason instead of rehabbing). I can definitely see why he might look as injury prone as those guys buy hopefully that's not the case.

John8204
08-12-2023, 12:17 PM

Yeah I could see Porzingis as a top five guy or he could be Kemba Walker and not fit with the team.

Real Men Wear Green
08-12-2023, 01:29 PM
Yeah I could see Porzingis as a top five guy or he could be Kemba Walker and not fit with the team.

Wallet fit well he just wrecked his knee unfortunately.

Jasper
08-12-2023, 10:37 PM
Good question

PG - Luka, Curry, SGA, Brunson, Beal

SG - Booker, Mitchell, Murray, Ja, Dame

SF - Durant, Lebron, Butler, Brown, Leonard

PF - Giannis, Tatum, Davis, Markkanen, Dray

C - Jokic, Embiid, Sabonis, Zion, Bam

tatum is not a PF