PDA

View Full Version : James Harden Has Gone Off The Deep End

FireDavidKahn
08-14-2023, 08:54 AM
Can't remember the last time an NBA trashed their GM like this before :oldlol:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1691039343186456576?t=MEGOZTkZYQwTwElR5zhskg&s=19

Real Men Wear Green
08-14-2023, 09:50 AM
Would be interested to hear more of what he had to say. I certainly don't know this for a fact but I suspect he was mage some kind of promise to get him to sign a contract that was lease than he could have had and Morey didn't come through on his end.

Xiao Yao You
08-14-2023, 10:04 AM
rather Morey lied or not it's hard to feel sorry for the guy after forcing his way there

bison
08-14-2023, 10:08 AM
rather Morey lied or not it's hard to feel sorry for the guy after forcing his way there

If this was his first time demanding a trade, I would typically side with the player over the owner/GM. But this is now hardens third time screwing over a team. Morey and Harden deserve each other.

bison
08-14-2023, 10:19 AM
Would be interested to hear more of what he had to say. I certainly don't know this for a fact but I suspect he was mage some kind of promise to get him to sign a contract that was lease than he could have had and Morey didn't come through on his end.

This is what the CBA has to say about players who refuse to play:

Withholding services: A player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season covered by his Player Contract shall be deemed not to have “complet[ed] his Player Contract by rendering the playing services called for thereunder.” Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agreed otherwise.

Harden has more leverage here than you’d think. The issue is the sixers would lose cap space keeping harden,, their only tool left to improve the roster. Sixers would be dumb to waste cap space just to screw him over.

Kblaze8855
08-14-2023, 10:22 AM
Calling someone a liar when you signed a contract with your last three teams then demanded you get to play for someone else is hilarious. None of us should throw stones when everyone alive is a liar but it’s still funny.

Wardell Curry
08-14-2023, 10:35 AM
Calling someone a liar when you signed a contract with your last three teams demanded you get to play for someone else is hilarious. None of us should throw stones when everyone alive is a liar but it’s still funny.

Everyone alive has told lies and will do so again but to act like it's all either '1' or '0' as it pertains to the subject of lying is disingenuous. That being said, it certainly does seem that Harden and Morey deserve each other.

Jasper
08-14-2023, 10:36 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38190379/disgruntled-76ers-star-james-harden-slams-liar-daryl-morey

Morey called a liar by Harden.

Morey :' your a choker in the playoffs, get some balls and play like an all-star'

Harden :' I am a star , pay me the max, and I will get us past the first round'

ISH: :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
08-14-2023, 10:47 AM
Calling someone a liar when you signed a contract with your last three teams demanded you get to play for someone else is hilarious. None of us should throw stones when everyone alive is a liar but it’s still funny.

He certainly gets no sympathy I just figure he must have been told something we don't know about. Like maybe Morey said they were working on a trade for a third star but to do it he could only be paid 30 mil.

ArbitraryWater
08-14-2023, 10:52 AM
Yup, he sure has lmao

RRR3
08-14-2023, 11:18 AM
Like RWMG said we don’t know what Harden is referring to. It may never come be revealed though.

Hey Yo
08-14-2023, 11:28 AM
https://www.outkick.com/james-harden-daryl-morey-liar-china-tour/

This article claims that calling Morey a liar has nothing to with basketball but more about Harden bowing down to China.

FireDavidKahn
08-14-2023, 11:36 AM

The thing with that though, is that is highly against the rules. Glen Taylor did that with Joe Smith only he was dumb to actually put it in writing :roll:

hold this L
08-14-2023, 11:41 AM
Like RWMG said we don’t know what Harden is referring to. It may never come be revealed though.
It's hard to side with Harden considering his history though. Dude constantly sells on his teams to force trades, it's making the sport unbearable to watch when this kind of pathetic activity is an annual norm nowadays.

Xiao Yao You
08-14-2023, 11:45 AM
The thing with that though, is that is highly against the rules. Glen Taylor did that with Joe Smith only he was dumb to actually put it in writing :roll:

and it was just Joe Smith. Certainly not a player that was worth the costly penalty

FultzNationRISE
08-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Who cares, Harden literally embodies all the worst aspects of modern pro basketball. And he plays like a bum when it matters, so hes completely irrelevant.

beasted
08-14-2023, 12:23 PM
This is what the CBA has to say about players who refuse to play:

Harden has more leverage here than you’d think. The issue is the sixers would lose cap space keeping harden,, their only tool left to improve the roster. Sixers would be dumb to waste cap space just to screw him over.

Harden doesn't need to withhold services. He can halfass it like he did in Houston while causing a huge distraction with the press. That will only lower this value further.

Best if Morey relents and trades him cause the value can only get worse like Simmons who was traded at his all time low.

Spuddywebby
08-14-2023, 02:30 PM
I love it. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving fan base.

“The process will afford us shots at generational talents and eventually we’ll be playing for multiple chips!!”

Jahlil Okafor :facepalm
Ben Simmons :facepalm
Markelle Fultz :facepalm
Trading Mikal Bridges :facepalm

When Jimmy left : “He obviously wants the Miami lifestyle and doesn’t care about competing for chips or he would’ve stayed here!” :facepalm

When Simmons was traded for Harden : “We did it! Finals here we come” facepalm

The ultimate facepalm will come when they realize that you won’t win anything depending on Embiid in the playoffs and trade him when he’s broken down

coin24
08-14-2023, 03:42 PM
Rest in piss Philly :lol

Imagine actually believing the big shrivel will lead a team anywhere

Manny98
08-14-2023, 03:57 PM
Philly stay taking Ls

https://i.postimg.cc/PfcPT6dV/giphy-5.gif

Xiao Yao You
08-14-2023, 04:35 PM
Philly stay taking Ls

you'd know about taklng l's

Xiao Yao You
08-14-2023, 04:37 PM
Despite James Harden’s public holdout threat, the 76ers might have the leverage. A clause in the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement (CBA) reads that “a player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season [of his contract] … shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team (https://www.sportico.com/leagues/basketball/2023/james-harden-daryl-morey-76ers-cba-1234734210/) unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agreed otherwise.”

– via Lev Akabas @ Sportico (https://www.sportico.com/leagues/basketball/2023/james-harden-daryl-morey-76ers-cba-1234734210/)

In short, if Harden doesn’t join the 76ers by Nov. 2, the organization can block him from signing with another team next summer. And not just another NBA team—any professional basketball team. (https://www.sportico.com/leagues/basketball/2023/james-harden-daryl-morey-76ers-cba-1234734210/) This is not a new addition to the CBA, but it only applies to players in the last year of a deal, which explains the rule’s relative obscurity.
– via Lev Akabas @ Sportico (https://www.sportico.com/leagues/basketball/2023/james-harden-daryl-morey-76ers-cba-1234734210/)

A year off isn't going to help that body

hangintheair
08-14-2023, 05:00 PM
If Harden choose to lay off this year. I could see him like Shawn Kemp after the lock down.

Xiao Yao You
08-14-2023, 05:03 PM
If Harden choose to lay off this year. I could see him like Shawn Kemp after the lock down.

He can go play the 4 in China

Duderonomy
08-14-2023, 07:00 PM
He certainly gets no sympathy I just figure he must have been told something we don't know about. Like maybe Morey said they were working on a trade for a third star but to do it he could only be paid 30 mil.

That's probably the case, he opted in and now wants to be gone.

Sixers didn't want to lose him for nothing. I don't think the Clippers will be willing to trade Paul or Kawhi for him.

ArbitraryWater
08-14-2023, 07:22 PM

prob the contract thing but who cares?

Nothing to abandon a team over and Im sure GMs do this all the time or have done worse.

Real Men Wear Green
08-14-2023, 07:27 PM
That's probably the case, he opted in and now wants to be gone.

Sixers didn't want to lose him for nothing. I don't think the Clippers will be willing to trade Paul or Kawhi for him.

Opting in is where he loses me. If he's willing to lose money sitting out for however long it takes for Philly to accept a deal he might as well have opted out and picked whatever team he wanted since he's going to sacrifice money. Go join your new team, get into shape and get a training camp with your new teammates.

Charlie Sheen
08-14-2023, 07:57 PM
He traded around 1 year of 45 for 2 years of 70 last summer...probably wishes he could unwind that one.

Xiao Yao You
08-14-2023, 09:11 PM
He traded around 1 year of 45 for 2 years of 70 last summer...probably wishes he could unwind that one.

:violin:

Proctor
08-14-2023, 10:01 PM
Maybe Harden's degenerate fanbase will reassess him now? Probably not. Hold this permanent L. We told you! :roll:

bison
08-15-2023, 02:10 AM

Hindsight is 20/20. He took the paycut so the sixers could land PJ Tucker to shore up the roster. That was actually unselfish of harden and probably expected to be rewarded.

Morey promises a max deal at the start of the off-season.

Morey reneged on that.

To make up for that, the parties agree to settle on a short term opt in with the promise that Harden would soon be traded to Houston or clippers, his preferred destinations.

Morey reneged on that too.

You have to admit, Harden can’t be blamed for being disgruntled. Morey should have paid or traded harden when he had the chance. Now he’s stuck with a player who is threatening to sit along with shitty trade offers because the clippers will only offer expiring vets & 1st rounders—and failing to land an all star to pair with embiid runs the risk of running embiid out of town as well. Best case scenario is if harden manages to swallow his pride, suits up and runs it back with the current roster. But that’s a tall demand to appease someone who screwed you out of millions of dollars.

John8204
08-15-2023, 02:55 AM
I love it. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving fan base.

“The process will afford us shots at generational talents and eventually we’ll be playing for multiple chips!!”

Jahlil Okafor :facepalm
Ben Simmons :facepalm
Markelle Fultz :facepalm
Trading Mikal Bridges :facepalm

When Jimmy left : “He obviously wants the Miami lifestyle and doesn’t care about competing for chips or he would’ve stayed here!” :facepalm

When Simmons was traded for Harden : “We did it! Finals here we come” facepalm

The ultimate facepalm will come when they realize that you won’t win anything depending on Embiid in the playoffs and trade him when he’s broken down

Well we can win with a selfless five tool player in Andre Iguadola....trade him
Well we can win with an all time great shooting guard in Allen Iverson....nope
If we give him a top five center in Dikembe Mutombo I'm sure we could....nope move him to the Nets
Charles Barkley is the player of the future we should build around him...nope trade him
Moses Malone is a three time MVP we could keep the team going...nope not worth it we got a future in Barkley
Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT....and he's quit on us

MrFonzworth
08-15-2023, 03:30 AM
Bring back the Hink

Clifton
08-15-2023, 08:29 AM
That being said, it certainly does seem that Harden and Morey deserve each other.
+10,000

I love it. Morey is obviously dirty as **** and would shank his own mother for a +5% shot at a ring. Harden meanwhile is just as selfish and dishonest, but lacks the administrative IQ to accomplish anything besides bumble around looking like an idiot.

Maybe Harden's degenerate fanbase will reassess him now?
Does Harden have a fanbase?

Xiao Yao You
08-15-2023, 08:59 AM
+10,000

I love it. Morey is obviously dirty as **** and would shank his own mother for a +5% shot at a ring. Harden meanwhile is just as selfish and dishonest, but lacks the administrative IQ to accomplish anything besides bumble around looking like an idiot.

He had Manny the 2nd to last time the Nets were going to win it all :lol

Real Men Wear Green
08-15-2023, 09:30 AM

A few loyalist Rocket fans and he will get the support of the fans of whoever he joins next before he leaves. But I don't think anyone without a rooting interest wants to see one guy shoot 20 free throws off of ref baiting.

tontoz
08-15-2023, 02:41 PM
I defended Harden years ago when he was with Houston. He's lost me with his playoff flops and quitting on teams.

Smook A.
08-15-2023, 02:55 PM
Seems like Morey told Harden he'd give him a big contract and didn't own up to it. I also think Morey told him to opt-in so he could trade him, but then didn't stick to his word. If that's the case, I can see why Harden is upset and it'd be hard to blame him.

Morey has a history of lying to his star players. In the 2019 offseason, Chris Paul was told that he was gonna stay but a month later Morey traded him to OKC.

crosstin
08-15-2023, 03:09 PM
He needs to check himself before he wrecks himself

WhiteKyrie
08-15-2023, 07:45 PM
It's hard to side with Harden considering his history though. Dude constantly sells on his teams to force trades, it's making the sport unbearable to watch when this kind of pathetic activity is an annual norm nowadays.

It all started in the summer of 2010

beasted
08-15-2023, 09:47 PM
Seems like Morey told Harden he'd give him a big contract and didn't own up to it. I also think Morey told him to opt-in so he could trade him, but then didn't stick to his word. If that's the case, I can see why Harden is upset and it'd be hard to blame him.

Morey has a history of lying to his star players. In the 2019 offseason, Chris Paul was told that he was gonna stay but a month later Morey traded him to OKC.

Morey's history of lying is exactly why I'm dumbfounded he forced a trade to Philly in the first place. Harden made his bed.

GOBB
08-16-2023, 08:23 AM
Should’ve kept Sam Hinkie and none of this would be a thing

Xiao Yao You
08-17-2023, 07:16 AM
Since arriving in China, Harden also expressed to fans a desire to play a season there. “Every time I come here, the love is just like … it’s crazy, you know what I mean?” he said. “So I feel like they deserve to actually see me come play here. … Love is always crazy here.” (https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/james-harden-daryl-morey-sixers-trade-china-reaction-20230816.html) But playing in China might not be as easy as Chinese fans would like if Harden isn’t traded to another NBA team soon and remains adamant about not playing for the Sixers. According to the collective bargaining agreement, any player who “withholds playing services for more than 30 days after the start of the last season covered by his contract” could be deemed to have violated his contract and forbidden from entering free agency and signing with another professional team until the team he last played for “expressly agrees otherwise.”
– via Keith Pompey @ The Philadelphia Inquirer (https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/james-harden-daryl-morey-sixers-trade-china-reaction-20230816.html)

ILLsmak
08-17-2023, 05:50 PM
Eat the money and let him rot, then trade expiring to a trash team for a lotto pick. Tired of Jamie and tired of people ditching their teams when it's not rosy. It's happening in college, too, bball in general is in a very trash state. Someone needs to take a stand.

Watch him walk back into gym on day 29. Play him into shape 40 mins a game. GG. Still trade him to a bad team or a toxic team in the offseason.

I feel like the NBA needs to have some sort of a process people have to go through to request a trade and request destinations, and maybe offer some incentive to both parties financially so that it can work out. But it should be something you can't do often. I support player rights, but it gets old watching people hop around in hope they can get on a team and win.

Harden has basically destroyed his legacy. Any positive emotions towards his career are gone now, in the eyes of everybody. RIP.

-Smak

ArbitraryWater
08-17-2023, 05:58 PM
Eat the money and let him rot, then trade expiring to a trash team for a lotto pick. Tired of Jamie and tired of people ditching their teams when it's not rosy. It's happening in college, too, bball in general is in a very trash state. Someone needs to take a stand.

Watch him walk back into gym on day 29. Play him into shape 40 mins a game. GG. Still trade him to a bad team or a toxic team in the offseason.

I feel like the NBA needs to have some sort of a process people have to go through to request a trade and request destinations, and maybe offer some incentive to both parties financially so that it can work out. But it should be something you can't do often. I support player rights, but it gets old watching people hop around in hope they can get on a team and win.

Harden has basically destroyed his legacy. Any positive emotions towards his career are gone now, in the eyes of everybody. RIP.

-Smak

Bingo.

Facts start to finish

beasted
08-17-2023, 06:14 PM

-Smak

Why would a trash team give up a lotto pick for a partial year rental of an out of shape Harden?

Just making sure you're aware he's on a 1yr expiring deal if you didn't know.

beasted
08-17-2023, 06:17 PM
I think Harden should rot, but just reminding you that Morey isn't a bed of roses.

https://youtu.be/KvNbqAxBYrY

beasted
08-17-2023, 06:25 PM
https://youtu.be/r4VUcH0Z7gw

ILLsmak
08-17-2023, 07:23 PM
Why would a trash team give up a lotto pick for a partial year rental of an out of shape Harden?

Just making sure you're aware he's on a 1yr expiring deal if you didn't know.

Oops thought it was two. Ye tough w contract then. Still rot.

-Smak

GOBB
08-21-2023, 03:13 PM
So truth comes out today. Harden told NBA investigators a promise was made by Morey. The promise was Harden opts in and would be traded for this upcoming season. When Morey ceased trade talks because no deal could be reached with the Clippers? Harden was upset and blasted him. The liar rant had nothing to do with any “rumored” promise of a max contract. Harden never mentioned it in his statements to NBA officials. It was becuase he has yet to be traded to the Clippers when Morey promised he would. Only Morey has said he’s not trading Harden for nothing. Either he gets value or no deal

Harden is a loser and I was blinded to think he take on a Robin role and succeed next to Embiid. Yikes

coin24
08-21-2023, 04:11 PM
So truth comes out today. Harden told NBA investigators a promise was made by Morey. The promise was Harden opts in and would be traded for this upcoming season. When Morey ceased trade talks because no deal could be reached with the Clippers? Harden was upset and blasted him. The liar rant had nothing to do with any “rumored” promise of a max contract. Harden never mentioned it in his statements to NBA officials. It was becuase he has yet to be traded to the Clippers when Morey promised he would. Only Morey has said he’s not trading Harden for nothing. Either he gets value or no deal

Harden is a loser and I was blinded to think he take on a Robin role and succeed next to Embiid. Yikes

Philly has 2 robins, harden and the big shrivel :roll:

GOBB
08-21-2023, 04:40 PM
Philly has 2 robins, harden and the big shrivel :roll:

Imagine a Robin winning an MVP in his prime. You’re not bright. You should worry about Anthony Davis before Embiid.

coin24
08-21-2023, 06:08 PM
Imagine a Robin winning an MVP in his prime. You’re not bright. You should worry about Anthony Davis before Embiid.

Imagine thinking an mvp embeta only got cause the league is racist is more valuable than a second round series win:lol

Joker >>>> big shrivel

beasted
08-21-2023, 06:47 PM

I'm not sure whether Embiid and Harden are the right recipe for success, but putting that aside for a second, if I were a Sixers fan I'd be fuming at Morey.

What's the short and long game here? Here are his options:

1. Run it back with a team that we're all certain cannot win while watching Harden halfass it through the motions.

2. Extend Harden to a deal he's not worth, just to appease him, and lock into a not-good-enough team, while praying you can make trades later on or Maxey fills the gap.

3. Waste a year of Embiid's prime while selling him on how much cap space you're going to have when Siakam and DeRozan are the best FA's next summer.

All of these are stupid options and trading Harden trumps them all even if you don't get as good a player back. I can understand stopping trade discussion with the Clippers, but to stop ALL trade discussion is just idiotic and leaves you with 3 terrible options to choose from.

Xiao Yao You
08-21-2023, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure whether Embiid and Harden are the right recipe for success, but putting that aside for a second, if I were a Sixers fan I'd be fuming at Morey.

What's the short and long game here? Here are his options:

1. Run it back with a team that we're all certain cannot win while watching Harden halfass it through the motions.

2. Extend Harden to a deal he's not worth, just to appease him, and lock into a not-good-enough team, while praying you can make trades later on or Maxey fills the gap.

3. Waste a year of Embiid's prime while selling him on how much cap space you're going to have when Siakam and DeRozan are the best FA's next summer.

All of these are stupid options and trading Harden trumps them all even if you don't get as good a player back. I can understand stopping trade discussion with the Clippers, but to stop ALL trade discussion is just idiotic and leaves you with 3 terrible options to choose from.

the Clippers might be the only option? Doubt teams are lining up for the fat ass

Real Men Wear Green
08-21-2023, 07:12 PM

An I the only one that would expect Harden and the Clippers would be a spectacular train wreck?

Real Men Wear Green
08-21-2023, 07:26 PM
the Clippers might be the only option? Doubt teams are lining up for the fat ass

The guy just led the league in assists. Certainly not a perfect player but teams will want him. The problem is that Morey wants to make a great trade as if he was still an MVP candidate. But he may be approaching the trade correctly. Can't judge the deal until he makes it.

beasted
08-21-2023, 08:09 PM
The guy just led the league in assists. Certainly not a perfect player but teams will want him. The problem is that Morey wants to make a great trade as if he was still an MVP candidate. But he may be approaching the trade correctly. Can't judge the deal until he makes it.

It's diminishing returns from here. The earlier the trade, the better. People have to remember he's on an expiring contract and could leave the Sixers for nothing empty handed.

He could show up out of shape, he could get an injury due to not attending training camp (already rumored), he doesn't get as much of a chance to build chemistry with his new team or allow them to see what else pieces outside of him they need to make the fit ideal. These are all factors that continuously lowers his trade value as time passes. If they wait until the trade deadline approaches, now it's complete desperation mode to move him for whatever they can get.

This concept or idea of cutting off all trade talk is insanely stupid in light of what I just mentioned. Morey can single handedly cause another rebuild just in his handling of this situation.

Real Men Wear Green
08-21-2023, 08:17 PM
I certainly wouldn't cut off all trade talk but Philly should at least pretend like they are willing to keep him for the sake of a stronger negotiating positron. And if they hate their offers waiting makes some sense. They could be feeling the heat around the deadline but any team that trades for him that late would also likely be desperate.

beasted
08-21-2023, 08:23 PM
I certainly wouldn't cut off all trade talk but Philly should at least pretend like they are willing to keep him for the sake of a stronger negotiating positron. And if they hate their offers waiting makes some sense. They could be feeling the heat around the deadline but any team that trades for him that late would also likely be desperate.
Harden's media leaks and messages makes that bluff impossible. When he shows up to preseason in Kool-aid man shape, the offers will get worse. Then when he "aggravates his hamstring" the offers will get even worse than that. Meanwhile, I'm sure all of this distraction will work wonders on team chemistry and the whole locker room while learning a new coach's system.

ILLsmak
08-21-2023, 08:52 PM
Harden snitchin too loool. He has to have some culpability.

I do think jamie is someone i dislike more than bron, but i liked bron early. I was emotionally numb to dude. Its just… ive had enough. For years but this is icing. Get em out. Go 2 china.

-Smak

brownmamba00
08-22-2023, 07:23 PM
Harden don't care anymore. He done ****ed too many strippers and hookers.

Ship his ass out to Taiwan

GOBB
08-23-2023, 08:02 AM
An I the only one that would expect Harden and the Clippers would be a spectacular train wreck?

Nah I’m also here to watch that train wreck if it were to happen

Charlie Sheen
08-23-2023, 11:32 AM

His original complaint in Brooklyn was he did not come there to carry the team when Kyrie and KD were out for long stretches wasnt it? Now he wants to join the Clippers? You said it... almost no chance that ends well if it happens.