PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas doesn't understand how team construction works.

1987_Lakers
08-16-2023, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4a4h1RBQ1I

Got his feelings hurt because he was told he might not have made the team. Who the hell needs an Arenas type player when you already have other scorers and he doesn't really provide anything else.

GOBB
08-19-2023, 10:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4a4h1RBQ1I

Got his feelings hurt because he was told he might not have made the team. Who the hell needs an Arenas type player when you already have other scorers and he doesn't really provide anything else.

And what happened to that team USA? Lol

Why wouldn’t Gilbert feels some type of way about hearing he was on the bubble. With less inferior talent on that roster than him. You think Wade Melo Bron wouldn’t react hearing that?

Kblaze8855
08-19-2023, 11:08 AM
Considering Greece gave them 101 and knocked them out then Spain held Greece to 47 to win gold perhaps the defensive stalwarts they chose instead of Gil weren’t the right picks either.

Xiao Yao You
08-19-2023, 11:36 AM
Considering Greece gave them 101 and knocked them out then Spain held Greece to 47 to win gold perhaps the defensive stalwarts they chose instead of Gil weren’t the right picks either.

coach K was the main reason they lost to Greece. They had no offensive sets. They thought they could win with D and talent. He made no adjustments against Greece until it was too late despite Greece running pick and roll on them over and over again.

paksat
08-21-2023, 11:56 AM
Dwight talked about this on his podcast not long ago. Everything Gilbert said is true, including the fact they couldn't stop or even slow him down. Dwights own words, "all you guys favorite players.. Gilbert was killing and I mean KILLING them out there."

brownmamba00
08-22-2023, 07:29 PM
I enjoy his show at times but Gil be acting like he's a certified hood legend. Talk about 4 5 flat.

Trash ass.

Kblaze8855
08-22-2023, 07:33 PM
I enjoy his show at times but Gil be acting like he's a certified hood legend. Talk about 4 5 flat.

Trash ass.

He said he could run that?

I wouldn’t doubt him. An Olympic track coach early in his career worked with him and claimed he’d be a world class sprinter if it were his main focus. He was clearly faster than he played.