PDA

View Full Version : so...we all pretending the Suns aren'tt winning a title?

highwhey
08-16-2023, 08:09 PM
if the 6 players are healthy, there isn't a team beating them.

Wardell Curry
08-16-2023, 08:12 PM
What a sad state of affairs when you know you have to preface your post with "if they're healthy" because if you don't do that, some crazy will bump your thread in a year if they lost due to a player being unhealthy and pretend that somehow invalidated your prediction.

It would be nice if we could move past tacking this precondition onto predictions, as if we don't already know that it's a given. But this is the internet, and people are both really stupid and like to pretend that this isn't universally understood. Oh well.

Full Court
08-16-2023, 08:14 PM
No, OP. I'm pretending that they ARE winning a title. :lol

bison
08-16-2023, 08:16 PM
What a sad state of affairs when you know you have to preface your post with "if they're healthy" because if you don't do that, some crazy will bump your thread in a year if they lost due to a player being unhealthy and pretend that somehow invalidated your prediction.

It would be nice if we could move past tacking this precondition onto predictions, as if we don't already know that it's a given. But this is the internet, and people are both really stupid and like to pretend that this isn't universally understood. Oh well.

"If they're healthy" basically applies to any contending team. Sad to say, but every playoffs wont be determined by who is the best team but rather the team that is lucky enough to avoid injuries.

highwhey
08-16-2023, 08:20 PM
tthe hate is real

Wardell Curry
"If they're healthy" basically applies to any contending team. Sad to say, but every playoffs wont be determined by who is the best team but rather the team that is lucky enough to avoid injuries.

That was my point. The fact that OP had to include this in his post because someone would otherwise bump this thread and a year and roast him if let's say Kevin Durant was out with injury and they lost because of it.

Wardell Curry
tthe hate is real

Nobody is hating on them. Full Court I guess, but you can't take him seriously as it's a surprise he even knows how to log onto a website in the first place.

highwhey
08-16-2023, 08:30 PM
That was my point. The fact that OP had to include this in his post because someone would otherwise bump this thread and a year and roast him if let's say Kevin Durant was out with injury and they lost because of it.

i mean the premise implies tthat fully healthy theyre by far tthe best squad. my maid must have used watter bc my tt is sttuck on my keyboard.

anyways, the topic wasnt m ade under any false pretenses.

HylianNightmare
08-16-2023, 08:55 PM
0% chance

Wally450
08-16-2023, 08:55 PM
Celtics in 7.

But hey OP, that means I have them making the Finals. :cheers:

John8204
08-16-2023, 09:30 PM
Well winning the western conference is a title...and over the next couple seasons they should win one or two of those. But are they going to win the championship....

DevBooker'sMask
08-16-2023, 09:38 PM
ship the ship

3ba11
08-16-2023, 10:37 PM
100% winning the title

it's exciting

especially for KD - he'll have elite ring count among current players and also have advantages in brand of ball that yields better teams and team ceiling/Finals record, and also a less exploitable skillset (you can rough him up but that's less exploitable than being a massive ball-dominator like Luka and Lebron - you'll never see Durant get beat by record amount with a super-team and preseason favorite - only an extremely weak brand of ball can lose like that)

Mask the Embiid
08-16-2023, 11:11 PM
Suns won’t even make it out the west.

RRR3
08-16-2023, 11:17 PM
Nobody is hating on them. Full Court I guess, but you can't take him seriously as it's a surprise he even knows how to log onto a website in the first place.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

bdonovan
08-17-2023, 01:12 AM
It's likely the Suns will not even win their own conference.

When that happens it will be another example of what I have explained for years which is that an NBA team is more than the sum of its parts.

It's easy when you take a casual glance at the Suns Roster and see all-star after all-star to think "they're the best team!".

But that's not how the NBA works.

Teams work when they have complementary parts, not a bunch of scorers all trying to score at the expense of everyone else. They win when you have unselfish players who make others on the team better.

NONE of their best players: Durant, Booker, Beal have a history of this.

No instead the team will be squabbling all year about who leads the offense, not getting enough looks.

I doubt there will be a team ethos on offense of ball and player movement, but rather each star ball-hogging and forcing shots. A guy like Ayton will probably grumble publicly, while someone like Beal will just force up shots.

While Beal has proven himself on defense, when you arrive at a team which is unserious on defense, and all the other stars on the team rest on defense, my guess is Beal's emphasis on D will atrophy rather than Durant suddenly figuring out team D matters.

By virtue of their sheer talent, the Suns will be a good team. But they won't compete against the top teams like the Nuggets and the Bucks, which have a balance of what you need to win- defensive-minded players, shooters, facilitators and most of all complementary, not overlapping, skill-sets.

Full Court
08-17-2023, 07:03 AM

Nah, I like like the Suns and would actually be happy to see them win the championship. Just couldn't resist throwing a little jab.

Are you still upset about the Lakers getting swept?

:lebronamazed:

JohnMax
08-17-2023, 09:06 AM
Durant's last two playoffs wins have been against injured teams. He's gotten his ass whooped by healthy teams.

highwhey
08-17-2023, 11:23 AM
Durant's last two playoffs wins have been against injured teams. He's gotten his ass whooped by healthy teams.

:facepalm nuggets werent injured

elementally morale
08-17-2023, 12:37 PM

Jokic is very unlikely to get injured. As long as he is healthy and the bench is long, they have a very good chance to contend. With Murray and Gordon injured... yeah, that's tough. Gordon is also unlikely to get injured in his present role though.

ShawkFactory
08-17-2023, 02:59 PM

Playoff wins

bison
08-17-2023, 04:54 PM
100% winning the title

it's exciting

especially for KD - he'll have elite ring count among current players and also have advantages in brand of ball that yields better teams and team ceiling/Finals record, and also a less exploitable skillset (you can rough him up but that's less exploitable than being a massive ball-dominator like Luka and Lebron - you'll never see Durant get beat by record amount with a super-team and preseason favorite - only an extremely weak brand of ball can lose like that)

KD looked kinda washed last playoffs. If Suns are gonna go all the way they have to let Booker go Godbe mode and carry them (if Booker is capable). And then KD will have his 3rd cheat ring that no one will care about.

ArbitraryWater
08-17-2023, 05:59 PM

thats what he said

highwhey
08-17-2023, 09:42 PM
Playoff wins

yes. two wins against the nuggets

Patrick Chewing
08-17-2023, 09:43 PM
Can't see the OP? Who created this thread?

highwhey
08-17-2023, 09:46 PM
KD looked kinda washed last playoffs. If Suns are gonna go all the way they have to let Booker go Godbe mode and carry them (if Booker is capable). And then KD will have his 3rd cheat ring that no one will care about.

dropping 40 is washd ok

3ba11
08-17-2023, 09:49 PM
It's likely the Suns will not even win their own conference.

When that happens it will be another example of what I have explained for years which is that an NBA team is more than the sum of its parts.

It's easy when you take a casual glance at the Suns Roster and see all-star after all-star to think "they're the best team!".

But that's not how the NBA works.

Teams work when they have complementary parts, not a bunch of scorers all trying to score at the expense of everyone else. They win when you have unselfish players who make others on the team better.

NONE of their best players: Durant, Booker, Beal have a history of this.

No instead the team will be squabbling all year about who leads the offense, not getting enough looks.

I doubt there will be a team ethos on offense of ball and player movement, but rather each star ball-hogging and forcing shots. A guy like Ayton will probably grumble publicly, while someone like Beal will just force up shots.

While Beal has proven himself on defense, when you arrive at a team which is unserious on defense, and all the other stars on the team rest on defense, my guess is Beal's emphasis on D will atrophy rather than Durant suddenly figuring out team D matters.

By virtue of their sheer talent, the Suns will be a good team. But they won't compete against the top teams like the Nuggets and the Bucks, which have a balance of what you need to win- defensive-minded players, shooters, facilitators and most of all complementary, not overlapping, skill-sets.

People don't realize that the Suns' top 3 scorers can all average 5-7 assists while playing largely off-the-ball - all three have fantastic handles and creation that can easily play PG and they're all excellent passers

So this idea that they're just a bunch of good scorers is wrong - have you SEEN their handle?.. it's very impressive and skilled and all three average 5+ APG - they could average 8-10 apg at point guard if needed (all three have great handle and creation)

Sometimes I wonder what games everyone is watching - maybe that's the problem - you guys watch the games and listen to the commentators who claim these guys are just scorers - stop listening to these bums on ESPN etc, even if they're ex-players - they don't see the game at the level they need to from an analysis or philosophical standpoint.. The reality is that 3 expert jumpshooters that can all average 5-7 APG will fit like gloves

Duderonomy
08-17-2023, 10:01 PM
Them or the Nuggets. The Suns should probably trade Anton for some depth though.

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2024, 05:17 PM
i mean the premise implies tthat fully healthy theyre by far tthe best squad. my maid must have used watter bc my tt is sttuck on my keyboard.

anyways, the topic wasnt m ade under any false pretenses.

Oof.

ShawkFactory
04-24-2024, 05:20 PM
People don't realize that the Suns' top 3 scorers can all average 5-7 assists while playing largely off-the-ball - all three have fantastic handles and creation that can easily play PG and they're all excellent passers

So this idea that they're just a bunch of good scorers is wrong - have you SEEN their handle?.. it's very impressive and skilled and all three average 5+ APG - they could average 8-10 apg at point guard if needed (all three have great handle and creation)

Sometimes I wonder what games everyone is watching - maybe that's the problem - you guys watch the games and listen to the commentators who claim these guys are just scorers - stop listening to these bums on ESPN etc, even if they're ex-players - they don't see the game at the level they need to from an analysis or philosophical standpoint.. The reality is that 3 expert jumpshooters that can all average 5-7 APG will fit like gloves

Double oof.

highwhey
04-24-2024, 08:41 PM
Oof.

don't make me dig up old threads starface, you will lose 10/10 times.

FireDavidKahn
04-24-2024, 08:51 PM
if the 6 players are healthy, there isn't a team beating them.

Except the Wolves

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2024, 09:18 PM
100% winning the title

it's exciting

hows KDs brand of ball looking

Wally450
04-26-2024, 02:08 PM
100% winning the title

it's exciting

I wonder what your top 10 will look like after the Suns flame out this postseason.

999Guy
04-26-2024, 02:34 PM
Let this be the end of the overrating of Bradley Beal.

1987_Lakers
04-27-2024, 01:27 AM
100% winning the title

it's exciting

3ball the type of dude who thinks a team with Kobe & Stackhouse are automatic championship contenders because of PPG.

SouBeachTalents
04-27-2024, 01:28 AM
100% winning the title

it's exciting

Nostradumbass

Manny98
04-27-2024, 03:05 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/C5ntc4Lp/ce8cf122be3f27838839c0a5ead0a1a8.gif

warriorfan
04-27-2024, 06:08 AM
Let this be the end of the overrating of Bradley Beal.

@kblaze, he got a wall of text that will make 3 ball blush ready for yo ass

https://i.postimg.cc/C5ntc4Lp/ce8cf122be3f27838839c0a5ead0a1a8.gif

we won bro. called it.

even though this was pretty obvious, we didn’t have to go out very much on a limb here

still, regardless, gonna have to take this W

https://media1.tenor.com/m/dGW6rK2mUe4AAAAd/ripbozo-bozo.gif

meat
04-27-2024, 08:32 AM
don't make me dig up old threads starface, you will lose 10/10 times.

Just take your L like a man.