PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Murray needs a break after only ONE finals run.

Johnny32
08-18-2023, 07:22 AM
https://www.nba.com/news/jamal-murray-out-2023-fiba-world-cup

remember lil mikey broke down mentally and physically after only 3 straight finals, twice. the 'bad boy" pistons fell apart after 3 straight. the warriors made it to 5 straight and again....were obliterated mentally and physically at the end. how does one man go to 8 straight with his role on both sides of the ball on those teams? it's absolutely unfathomable. the legend of 8 straight finals is aging like fine wine. which will be the story of lebron's entire career when we take it all in after he's gone.

iamgine
08-18-2023, 07:38 AM
Is this about Jamal Murray?

Akeem34TheDream
08-18-2023, 07:53 AM
Making finals in a competitive conference is tiring you know. Where you have to play against actual contenders with all nba players.

Wardell Curry
08-18-2023, 08:00 AM
Making finals in a competitive conference is tiring you know. Where you have to play against actual contenders with all nba players.

Yes, he was scrutinized 24/7/365. It's a miracle he didn't go down with emotional trauma, never mind the painstaking physical load he had to carry day in and day out. Best player in the NBA. Most scrutinized. People just straight up out here obsessing over Jamal Murray on and off the court. Poor guy. Prayers up.

Johnny32
08-18-2023, 08:00 AM

there's a link about murray in the original post if you'd like the read about him further.

Wardell Curry
08-18-2023, 08:01 AM
there's a link about murray in the original post if you'd like the read about him further.

:roll:

Akeem34TheDream
08-18-2023, 08:12 AM
Yes, he was scrutinized 24/7/365. It's a miracle he didn't go down with emotional trauma, never mind the painstaking physical load he had to carry day in and day out. Best player in the NBA. Most scrutinized. People just straight up out here obsessing over Jamal Murray on and off the court. Poor guy. Prayers up.

I thought it was obvious that my post was about Lebron since OP was too. But sure lets act like it was actually about Murray. I think he is just being lazy. They destroyed their competition, losing only 4 games. They MURDERED their opponent in WCF. I don't think he needs that much rest. Maybe he has some injury idk.

Wardell Curry
08-18-2023, 08:14 AM
I thought it was obvious that my post was about Lebron since OP was too. But sure lets act like it was actually about Murray. I think he is just being lazy. They destroyed their competition, losing only 4 games. They MURDERED their opponent in WCF. I don't think he needs that much rest. Maybe he has some injury idk.

I thought it was obvious I was mocking you mocking LeBron.

But sure let's act like it was actually about Murray.

Yes, I agree, he's being lazy and that's all there is to the story. And OP being weirdly critical of some star that nobody cares about.

Johnny32
08-18-2023, 08:29 AM
back on topic

legoat > your fav player

King Baron
08-18-2023, 08:49 AM
He was out for two seasons before returning. I don't see anything wrong with a player in that position trying to maintain their health and taking a break when possible from non-NBA play. Very different than 'load managing'.

tontoz
08-18-2023, 10:31 AM
Denver was loyal to Murray. Murray is being loyal to the team paying him. I don't see an issue here.

TheMan
08-18-2023, 11:13 AM

:oldlol:

OP insecure af lol

Airupthere
08-18-2023, 11:16 AM
The problem with LeShortcut is, he probably never felt true accomplishment with his wins. Subconsciously he knew he cheated the game. Probably why he kept mentioning that he never cheated the game.

TheMan
08-18-2023, 11:23 AM
8 straight Finals in the LEastern Conference when your biggest rival was the Roy Hibbert Pacers ain't exactly impressing anyone :oldlol:

jayfan
08-18-2023, 11:39 AM
https://www.nba.com/news/jamal-murray-out-2023-fiba-world-cup

remember lil mikey broke down mentally and physically after only 3 straight finals, twice. the 'bad boy" pistons fell apart after 3 straight. the warriors made it to 5 straight and again....were obliterated mentally and physically at the end. how does one man go to 8 straight with his role on both sides of the ball on those teams? it's absolutely unfathomable. the legend of 8 straight finals is aging like fine wine. which will be the story of lebron's entire career when we take it all in after he's gone.

How many serious injuries had Lebron suffered & labored through at the time of his first finals run?

And1AllDay
08-18-2023, 12:04 PM
lil mikey boi was cooked after 3. thats why he maxed at six. he quit three retirements :oldlol: mikey couldn't imagine ten finals like legoat

Johnny32
08-18-2023, 12:34 PM
How many serious injuries had Lebron suffered & labored through at the time of his first finals run?

Not sure what your point is here. Yes LeBron is both physically and mentally stronger than Jordan. No life isn't fair

90sgoat
08-18-2023, 12:40 PM
Yes, Lebron should be praised for his longevity and his professionalism in terms of bringing it on the court every night.

Legit, as much as it pains to say, he's on another level compared to modern crybabies who just want to prance around in weird clothes and sniff coke of obese strippers buttocks.

WhiteKyrie
08-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Lots of insecurity in OP’s post. Didn’t talk much about Jamal Murray.

Yea but you have to win 3 straight championships and Finals MVPs while being the most popular athlete ever to be TRULY be tired.

Until you experience that, you don’t know the toll it takes.

HylianNightmare
08-18-2023, 12:55 PM
11>6>4

Johnny32
08-18-2023, 12:59 PM
11>6>4

I find lebron's career far more impressive and it's still going. it's okay to be scared, you should be.

Full Court
08-18-2023, 01:37 PM
OP is DESPERATE. :roll:

Yo, Jabronie32, you know why LeShrivel never needed to rest after the finals?

Because he rested the 4th quarter of every game.

:lebronamazed:

bullettooth
08-18-2023, 01:42 PM
Denver was loyal to Murray. Murray is being loyal to the team paying him. I don't see an issue here.

Integrity. Something LeBron has never had.

dankok8
08-18-2023, 01:49 PM
Hey OP!

2016 Lebron: 26.3 ppg, 7.6 apg on 58.5 %TS with 3.6 topg in 39.1 mpg
2023 Murray: 26.1 ppg, 7.1 apg on 58.6 %TS with 2.4 topg in 40.0 mpg

Morray also played in a much more modern game and swept Lebron in the process.

There's levels to this...

:lol

Johnny32
08-18-2023, 02:00 PM
Hey OP!

Morray also played in a much more modern game and swept Lebron in the process.

There's levels to this...

:lol

Indeed there is. LeBron also averaged 10 boards per gm (something Lil Mikey has never done in a playoff run) and defended multiple positions at an elite level on the other end. Murray did neither of these things.

dankok8
08-18-2023, 02:09 PM
Indeed there is. LeBron also averaged 10 boards per gm (something Lil Mikey has never done in a playoff run) and defended multiple positions at an elite level on the other end. Murray did neither of these things.

If you're happy with your GOAT being matched offensively by Jamal Murray, that's cool.

FYI Lil Mikey has a higher offensive rebounding rate than Lebron. Defensive rebounds bring very little impact and even more so when uncontested like most of Lebron's.

But keep reaching. It's funny AF

TheMan
08-18-2023, 02:13 PM
2 threepeats >>> 8 straight Finals where Bran lost more than he won :lol

Johnny32
08-18-2023, 02:13 PM
I can name 6 foot guards from the 80s with better oreb rates than MJ. Lol clownboy has no clue how the game was played back then. Another reason LeBron would absolutely dominate early MJ years. No one got back on defense, they all crashed the boards. I honestly think he'd average 45 on 60%. Lol anyway this guy is just another fat poser pretending online.

Hey Yo
08-18-2023, 02:22 PM
lil mikey boi was cooked after 3. thats why he maxed at six. he quit three retirements :oldlol: mikey couldn't imagine ten finals like legoat

It's funny when people say MJ would've won 8 in row if he hadn't quit after the 93 season, except for the fact that he only played 7 full seasons (87-93) before needing time off to rest.

Full Court
08-18-2023, 11:10 PM
It's funny when people say MJ would've won 8 in row if he hadn't quit after the 93 season, except for the fact that he only played 7 full seasons (87-93) before needing time off to rest.

And I must repeat myself for the low IQ amongst us.

You know why LeShrivel never needed to rest after the finals?

Because he rested the 4th quarter of every game.

:lebronamazed:

Johnny32
08-19-2023, 05:45 AM
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=most+points+in+a+single+4th-quarter+nba+playoffs

Facts > feelings

Overdrive
08-19-2023, 07:12 AM
back on topic

legoat > your fav player

Yeah, back on topic: Lebron staying on the Cavs all his career would've made him the 2nd coming of Karl Malone.

He barely won in '16. His 2nd and 3rd best player wouldn't have been on the Cavs if he stayed in the first place.

Johnny32
08-19-2023, 07:16 AM
Yeah, back on topic: Lebron staying on the Cavs all his career would've made him the 2nd coming of Karl Malone.

He barely won in '16. His 2nd and 3rd best player wouldn't have been on the Cavs if he stayed in the first place.

Your uneducated and probably foreign opinion on NBA basketball doesn't matter to me.

Full Court
08-19-2023, 09:44 AM
Your uneducated and probably foreign opinion on NBA basketball doesn't matter to me.

Oh the irony. Making a grammatical error while calling someone else uneducated. :roll:

:lebroncry:

Johnny32
08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=most+points+in+a+single+4th-quarter+nba+playoffs

Facts > feelings

LeAw. Facts keep hurting her lil feelings.

dankok8
08-19-2023, 11:54 PM
Ok so the supposed GOAT's best playoff run is matched on the offensive end by Jamal Murray.

Still crickets from the OP regarding this.

Johnny32
08-19-2023, 11:59 PM

pretending i didn't shit down her throat with that stupid shit days ago.

Johnny32
08-20-2023, 12:11 AM
If you're happy with your GOAT being matched offensively by Jamal Murray, that's cool.

FYI Lil Mikey has a higher offensive rebounding rate than Lebron. Defensive rebounds bring very little impact and even more so when uncontested like most of Lebron's.

But keep reaching. It's funny AF

I can name 6 foot guards from the 80s with better oreb rates than MJ. Lol clownboy has no clue how the game was played back then. Another reason LeBron would absolutely dominate early MJ years. No one got back on defense, they all crashed the boards. I honestly think he'd average 45 on 60%. Lol anyway this guy is just another fat poser pretending online.

i see now why she forgot. poor chick got ran the **** out my thread. then comes back trying for rd 2 using the same dumbass post. lol so pathetic, desperate and embarrassing.

Baller234
08-20-2023, 08:52 AM

The Cavs were already a perennial contender in the East and had just reached the ECF. They were maybe one piece away from being a championship level team.

If Lebron doesn't leave Cleveland in 2010, I have a hard time believing that they couldn't recruit more talent. They probably win a championship no later than 2012.

Duffy Pratt
08-20-2023, 06:12 PM
I seem to remember that Bill Russell went to eight straight NBA finals. Oh, and he won them all. He also played in a comparable number of games over that period, and averaged about 7 more minutes per game. Travelling by bus, or on commercial flights, and playing back to back to back games on the schedule, all in primitive sneakers.

For example, on a modern NBA schedule, there are typically 13-14 back to back games.

In the 1966 season, the Celtics played 16 back to back games. That's not such a big deal, right? Yeah, but they also played back to back to back three times. Starting to look a little more grueling? They had three other stretches where they played four games in four nights. And there was one stretch where they played five consecutive nights. During this season, Russell missed two games, and averaged 43.4 minutes per night. With a similar schedule the same year, Chamberlain missed one game and averaged 47.9 minutes per night.

Having said all that, does anyone have a problem with Murray taking a break after an extended season? And what do you think would be better for his legacy - coming into next season rested and ready to try to do it again? or leading the Canadian world cup team to marginally better results?

Johnny32
08-20-2023, 06:18 PM
I seem to remember that Bill Russell went to eight straight NBA finals. Oh, and he won them all. He also played in a comparable number of games over that period, and averaged about 7 more minutes per game. Travelling by bus, or on commercial flights, and playing back to back to back games on the schedule, all in primitive sneakers.

For example, on a modern NBA schedule, there are typically 13-14 back to back games.

In the 1966 season, the Celtics played 16 back to back games. That's not such a big deal, right? Yeah, but they also played back to back to back three times. Starting to look a little more grueling? They had three other stretches where they played four games in four nights. And there was one stretch where they played five consecutive nights. During this season, Russell missed two games, and averaged 43.4 minutes per night. With a similar schedule the same year, Chamberlain missed one game and averaged 47.9 minutes per night.

Having said all that, does anyone have a problem with Murray taking a break after an extended season? And what do you think would be better for his legacy - coming into next season rested and ready to try to do it again? or leading the Canadian world cup team to marginally better results?

I heard Bill's don't count from MJ fans so I stopped reading a long time ago. Thx for posting though.

dankok8
08-21-2023, 04:59 PM
Wait... so 2nd option and fringe top 20 player in the league Jamal Murray matched the supposed GOAT's best title run on the offensive end.

YIKES

Bawkish
08-21-2023, 11:16 PM
OP still bitter on Mike Malone's drunk speech

Johnny32
08-22-2023, 07:41 AM
OP still bitter on Mike Malone's drunk speech

This thread isn't about DEN or their players/coaches...it's about LeBron being way more mentally and physically stronger than Miguel Jordone.

TheMan
08-23-2023, 03:18 PM
This thread isn't about DEN or their players/coaches...it's about LeBron being way more mentally and physically stronger than Miguel Jordone.

So if LeBron is just better than MJ, he surely must have more rings and FMVPs...oh wait :roll:

Johnny32
08-23-2023, 03:44 PM
Once I get em this obsessed with my every keystroke I like to block em on gamefaqs lol it really ****s with their fragile minds. Unfortunately this board has no block feature so he can still see all my topics. Not even close to as much fun.