PDA

View Full Version : Most Synergistic Duos in NBA History

dankok8
08-18-2023, 11:31 AM
Not just guys who are both good but make each other better.

The first example that comes to mind is Kobe and Shaq. When either of them sat on the bench, the Lakers were not playing well especially in the playoffs
but together they were super dominant. The data is only available for 2001-2004.

https://i.postimg.cc/tJY1zHNr/Shaq-Kobe-WOWY-Regular-Season.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/mrgT9ywj/Shaq-Kobe-WOWY-Playoffs.jpg

Any other duos that come to mind that could come close to this kind of synergy?

ArbitraryWater
08-18-2023, 12:16 PM
Kobe and Shaq were the best 1-2 punch in the West after Stockton & Malone in the 90s.

Nowadays every team has a 1-2 punch or Big 3.

Full Court
08-19-2023, 07:43 PM
Pippen/Jordan

Malone/Stockton

Gobert/Mitchell

Just kidding about the last one. :lol

Xiao Yao You
08-19-2023, 09:15 PM
Pippen/Jordan

Malone/Stockton

Gobert/Mitchell

Just kidding about the last one. :lol

I would hope so. Hayward, Ingles, Hill and Conley would be the ones that had chemistry with Gobert. They didn't mind playing D or passing the ball

wagexslave
08-21-2023, 10:25 AM
Steve Nash + Amare Stoudemire ran possibly the best pick and roll I've ever seen.

If only Amare never had any major injuries I think people would put respect on his name more as one of the all time great power forwards. He still had a good career, but it was obvious his full potential was never reached thanks to the knee injury affecting his previously insane athleticism

Xiao Yao You
08-21-2023, 10:30 AM
Steve Nash + Amare Stoudemire ran possibly the best pick and roll I've ever seen.

If only Amare never had any major injuries I think people would put respect on his name more as one of the all time great power forwards. He still had a good career, but it was obvious his full potential was never reached thanks to the knee injury affecting his previously insane athleticism

yeah he had a lot of Karl Malone in him with the size and great hands