PDA

View Full Version : Evan Turner and Andre Iguodala confirm that the NBA rigs playoff games.

Im so nba'd out
08-20-2023, 01:15 AM
https://x.com/big_business_/status/1692687643115413724?s=46&t=XOE6zxIE6lh8lPbT8Il1Tg

Sadly, some still won’t believe it even with players saying it. They would rather live in their delusion than to face reality.

Edit that’s a Twitter link….relax. I can’t embed Twitter videos

Kblaze8855
08-20-2023, 06:26 AM
Thinking a game you lost is rigged is no more “confirmation” than half the athletes in the world will give after every game if you heard them talking among their friends. Have you ever played a sport that has refs? Not pick up. You ever even play high school football or basketball? Half the people come out of every close game you lose saying they got robbed.

No matter if a game is rigged or not the people who lost saying it was is absolutely no confirmation. Somebody who won coming out and saying they won because the league cheated for them would at least be interesting. This is just what you hear if you’re ever around anybody who played organized sports. Everything everywhere is rigged if the loser complaining is confirmation.

Even the supposed whistleblower ref was terrible picking games he would say other refs would rig. I’ve had a laugh many times when people cite that guy who they clearly don’t even care enough about to read his actual book or check the national public prosecution records. Prosecutors actually have recovered financial records from the mob, who realized he was great at predicting games he was involved in but was so terrible when he would claim something else was rigged several people started outright betting against his predictions. He would get in a hole and start claiming knowledge of a likely fix in games, because if he guessed right, he got a pay out which would reduce some of his debt , so he would be predicting shit just to do it trying to cover his losses.

The FBI has all kinds of records from informants who were prosecuted, and the guy who wrote the book has all those records because it goes public after the prosecution. Dude couldn’t predict games for shit. He’d tell the mob he could then be wrong as ****. They stopped even taking his picks unless he was personally doing the game.

Hed be all “Such and such was the crew chief we all knew they would win” after the fact trying to build credibility then make 5 straight wrong calls based on the same “inside”info. Great telling you why something happened last week. Terrible telling you what’s about to happen. The credibility he gets as a whistleblower while trying to stay one step ahead of having his legs broken for losing bets is amazing. Someone who knows games are rigged, how, and who is doing it when would never lose enough to be beholden to the mob in the first place. He was only stuck having to pretend to know about rigs because he LOST SO MUCH being wrong.

People are always going to believe what they want to believe and call anything that agrees proof and confirmation. Just it is what it is at this point. But it would at least make for more interesting conversations if people would go past what they feel and try to learn something before they talk.

At this point I wish the rig squad was better at their job if they exist. Kobe and LeBron made 10 or 11 combined finals in the league together, but never at the same time even with all that hype and having that year or two of Muppet commercials trying to lead up to it. All that marketing wasted when they let the magic beat the Cavs in two one shot games in a 4-2 series to ruin the whole season of buildup.

Somebody should have been fired for that one.

ArbitraryWater
08-20-2023, 07:47 AM
"Thinking a game you lost is rigged is no more “confirmation” than half the athletes in the world will give after every game if you heard them talking among their friends. Have you ever played a sport that has refs? Not pick up. You ever even play high school football or basketball? Half the people come out of every close game you lose saying they got robbed."

basically

I dont deny that this happens, but for sure irrational people just think it happens whenever their favorites lose or teams they hate win.

People thought the Nuggets would get robbed.

They had 4 close games to do it and never did.

Baller234
08-20-2023, 09:14 AM
I believe it.

They can call a ticky tack foul at any time and control the pace of the game. If it's crunch time they can award possession or send someone to the line any time they want. Happens all the time.

Lakers-Nuggets in the 2020 bubble stood out to me as a series where it felt like the Lakers were getting too many "convenient" calls.

90sgoat
08-20-2023, 09:32 AM
NBA refs definitely stack the deck.

Jasper
08-20-2023, 09:52 AM
I have pointed out numerous times back in 2000's when Portland was up on Lakers , the ref's never called a foul on the Lakers in the 4th.
They needed Shaq and Kobe to be the new face of the NBA because of the market.
IT WAS FVCK'N SAD.

NFL IS the most fixed sport in Pro sports. I can't tell you how many times calls were or were not called to fix the game.
All most to the game , when NEW Orleans had best record in football and Rams came to town in the WCF's and two calls were never made
to change the history of the SAINTS.
Hands down if they would of / should of won , they would of won the super bowl(.)
Thats when I quite watching the NFL.

Brady's first season winning the Super Bowl / Raiders should of been there
Packers vs Vikings playoff game , bad call
Steelers vs Bowns
Stellers vs Brady
on and on and on

tontoz
08-20-2023, 11:22 AM
:roll: @ OP. Players are notorious for cringe takes. Just watch the games. They think they get fouled on every play while never committing a foul themselves.

There have certainly been some poorly reffed games, maybe even a few fixed ones by corrupt refs here and there. But acting like these two are some kind of final word on the subject is laughable.

Real Men Wear Green
08-20-2023, 12:27 PM
The only game that I have seen I feel sure was rigged was that Kings Lakers game 6 when Bibby was having that insanely clutch playoffs run. Otherwise there have been lots of bad calls but I never felt completely sure the ref was picking a winner.

tpols
08-20-2023, 12:44 PM
I mean... obviously. The NBA is a business and it will always slant things towards the players and teams that make them the most money.

It is over-comable but you have to get really hot over who they're favoring. The nuggets did it this year with jamal murray having to turn into Jordan and overcome FT differential. Heat over the Celtics too they needed that Caleb guy to go nuts.

You can beat the bias but it takes extremely hot 3PT shooting.

ILLsmak
08-20-2023, 01:11 PM
I was watching a mob show about the guy who rigged the world series, way back. That would be tough to do because you'd have to get the players. Or be on some like Naked Gun level stuff. haha. YOU'RE OUT OF HERE.

NBA, though, it's really simple because you have refs. As long as their are human refs and they don't make consistent calls, I dunno how anyone can be like "Well, dey human, dey make mistakes." If they wanted things to be legit they would have people watching the games from the many cameras as well. Like THAT WOULD SLOW DOWN THE GAME. It's like not rly. The whole challenge thing is a joke. The oops last 2 minute report is a joke. Everyone knows superstar calls are a thing, RIGHT? So why would you think that the NBA games aren't rigged?

I dunno the extent of the rigging, but I do know that the reffing is not fair. It's blatantly awful. It's worse now than it's ever been. People must have (no offense or "imo" ) actual brain damage if they are falling for the "well there were bad calls all game, both teams got reffed equally." That's a pretty shallow trick. Momentum IS A THING. Foul trouble IS A THING. If you could watch the NBA without face palming at a ton of the calls, I would say that maybe it's not, but... there are just so many ways that the refs can affect the games. AND THEY DO. To say it's all random or just bad reffing (why does the NBA consistently have these trash refs?) is a weak excuse. It's unbearable, and it's like that in college, too. I find it easy to tell because I don't even care who wins anymore. I have no bias. I can almost predict the way the calls are going to go.

But yeah, basketball is one of the most easily rigged sports. NFL you can rig with bogi holding calls, etc, and know the whole other team's playbook by spying on their practices, but it's still not the same as getting someone 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes of a game or whatever. There are, as I said, so many ways that the refs can impact the game. I really wish I could be naive and think it was not rigged, but even before I knew it was rigged, I knew that MJ/Bulls got wack calls. I just didn't know it would become as stupid as it is.

-Smak

ILLsmak
08-20-2023, 01:14 PM
I mean... obviously. The NBA is a business and it will always slant things towards the players and teams that make them the most money.

It is over-comable but you have to get really hot over who they're favoring. The nuggets did it this year with jamal murray having to turn into Jordan and overcome FT differential. Heat over the Celtics too they needed that Caleb guy to go nuts.

You can beat the bias but it takes extremely hot 3PT shooting.

Yea I'm also a firm believer that the NBA has a narrative, but that narrative can shift if someone comes out and does something wild. Their main goal is to make money and be entertaining, so they are gonna go with the flow if it gets crazy. But they do have initial game plans imo, and they prol get updated game plans at half time haha. Like I said, you got 3 men out there with ultimate power over the game. It's hard to assume they are just being good guys, esp when it's the same dudes always and they don't seem particularly good at their jobs. I mean, there have to be some amazing people out there who would not get tricked by flops, etc.

-Smak

tpols
08-20-2023, 01:20 PM
I was watching a mob show about the guy who rigged the world series, way back. That would be tough to do because you'd have to get the players. Or be on some like Naked Gun level stuff. haha. YOU'RE OUT OF HERE.

NBA, though, it's really simple because you have refs. As long as their are human refs and they don't make consistent calls, I dunno how anyone can be like "Well, dey human, dey make mistakes." If they wanted things to be legit they would have people watching the games from the many cameras as well. Like THAT WOULD SLOW DOWN THE GAME. It's like not rly. The whole challenge thing is a joke. The oops last 2 minute report is a joke. Everyone knows superstar calls are a thing, RIGHT? So why would you think that the NBA games aren't rigged?

I dunno the extent of the rigging, but I do know that the reffing is not fair. It's blatantly awful. It's worse now than it's ever been. People must have (no offense or "imo" ) actual brain damage if they are falling for the "well there were bad calls all game, both teams got reffed equally." That's a pretty shallow trick. Momentum IS A THING. Foul trouble IS A THING. If you could watch the NBA without face palming at a ton of the calls, I would say that maybe it's not, but... there are just so many ways that the refs can affect the games. AND THEY DO. To say it's all random or just bad reffing (why does the NBA consistently have these trash refs?) is a weak excuse. It's unbearable, and it's like that in college, too. I find it easy to tell because I don't even care who wins anymore. I have no bias. I can almost predict the way the calls are going to go.

But yeah, basketball is one of the most easily rigged sports. NFL you can rig with bogi holding calls, etc, and know the whole other team's playbook by spying on their practices, but it's still not the same as getting someone 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes of a game or whatever. There are, as I said, so many ways that the refs can impact the game. I really wish I could be naive and think it was not rigged, but even before I knew it was rigged, I knew that MJ/Bulls got wack calls. I just didn't know it would become as stupid as it is.

-Smak

In the NFL they can pretty easily extend drives with a 3rd down defensive holding call. Or on the opposite end put a team in a 1st and 20 hole with an offensive holding call. I remember Brady used to throw bombs when his teams were down and refs would hand him a 30 yard PI benefit. Football is titled too. It's huge money. You have to go on a heater to beat the system.

I'm sure in baseball before all the new tech they were calling strikes as balls and balls as strikes, and calling guys safe or out on those last millisecond throws to slant it.

ILLsmak
08-20-2023, 02:26 PM
In the NFL they can pretty easily extend drives with a 3rd down defensive holding call. Or on the opposite end put a team in a 1st and 20 hole with an offensive holding call. I remember Brady used to throw bombs when his teams were down and refs would hand him a 30 yard PI benefit. Football is titled too. It's huge money. You have to go on a heater to beat the system.

I'm sure in baseball before all the new tech they were calling strikes as balls and balls as strikes, and calling guys safe or out on those last millisecond throws to slant it.

Yea, I know re: football, but it's just different cuz people can watch it over and over and it's obvious. People can say "well there is always holding," but it's not something they can subtly do. In the NBA, due to the amount of calls that there are, they can do it and people will still believe the game is not rigged.

I think the NFL is rigged in that they want an outcome sometimes so they will punish people with penalties, but I feel like the NBA is rigged in that it's a controlled environment from the tip, and that's way more disgusting. In NFL it's like AWW CMON cuz you are watching the game and it seems legit. It never seems legit in the NBA. Really, if you watch the NBA without bias and just watch how it unfolds, it's fascinatingly bad. You lose all of the immersion that might lead to to miss all of the BS. And THEY STILL do that stuff where they send a team to the line or call fouls on like 4-5 plays in a row. Plus, in the NFL, there is a possible way to play thru it. It might take a heck of a play, but in the NBA, it's more like they would call holding then call holding again if you threw it on 3rd and xx for a first. NBA has the ability to take players out of the game and make them play timid on D for whole quarters, halves... it's pretty crazy.

And like I've said before, I would not be as mad at the rigging if the refs just went with the flow of the game and tried to let crazy stuff happen, but they are constantly making the game trash. There are only a few games that I've seen in the past few years that were like ahhh gg. I've not watched that many, either, but I tend to turn them off if BS starts happening. Yea, people foul, people do dumb stuff, but if you give a guy his 2nd in 1st or 3rd in 2nd on a touch foul where he doesn't even gain any advantage, off the ball... it's like ?? why would you do that? It happens A LOT in college and NBA.

-Smak

Legend248
08-21-2023, 05:40 PM
We need to do research on lebron games in the playoffs and see how many calls they got vs the other team...

k0kakw0rld
08-22-2023, 09:32 PM
https://x.com/big_business_/status/1692687643115413724?s=46&t=XOE6zxIE6lh8lPbT8Il1Tg

Sadly, some still won’t believe it even with players saying it. They would rather live in their delusion than to face reality.

Edit that’s a Twitter link….relax. I can’t embed Twitter videos

Stop watching NBA Basketball and piss off then!

ILLsmak
08-22-2023, 09:38 PM
Stop watching NBA Basketball and piss off then!

I did haha. I watch play offs n box scores. I watch gms for a few min then a few min after half or last few min if the score is close. Thats the best way.

People watch wwe yakno. I still would mind nba being rigged less if people actually tried harder. College rigged too but it can be exciting. I need to start watchin d2 or d3. I wonder how rigged euro is. @euroleague

-Smak

JBSptfn
08-25-2023, 01:45 AM
I have pointed out numerous times back in 2000's when Portland was up on Lakers , the ref's never called a foul on the Lakers in the 4th.
They needed Shaq and Kobe to be the new face of the NBA because of the market.
IT WAS FVCK'N SAD.

Yes, it was. I believe that NBC's Dick Ebersol scripted the title for the Lakers from 2000-02. He wanted Shaq and Kobe to replace MJ as the new good guys of the league (it was a TV show to him, not a sport).

Look at the facts: in 2003 and 04 (when the NBA was on ABC & ESPN), those Shaq-Kobe Lakers didn't win those years. They lost to SA in the 03 Second Round and to Detroit in the 04 Finals.