PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Morey allegedly wants to trade Embiid. Because sucking is fun.

Real Men Wear Green
08-20-2023, 06:13 PM
https://share.newsbreak.com/4qeflj28

Please be true. Please?

Johnny32
08-20-2023, 06:16 PM
For ad straight up. Get it done goat.

Wardell Curry
08-20-2023, 06:21 PM
Embiid isn't going to get it done in the playoffs because he's more interested in falling to the ground than playing winning basketball.

2023-2024 is going to be a rough go no matter what but they have a ton of cap space next summer. Hopefully they are able to attract a free agent to pair up with Embiid so 76ers fans don't have to endure another 5 years of being awful.

If the 76ers do not think they can attract another star, it probably is best to trade Embiid because he's almost 30 and his health is probably a ticking time bomb anyways. He's coming off of a MVP season and his trade value will never be higher.

Real Men Wear Green
08-20-2023, 06:28 PM
Embiid isn't going to get it done in the playoffs because he's more interested in falling to the ground than playing winning basketball.

2023-2024 is going to be a rough no matter what but they have a ton of cap space next summer. Hopefully they are able to attract a free agent to pair up with Embiid so 76ers fans don't have to endure another 5 years of being awful.

If the 76ers do not think they can attract another star, it probably is best to trade Embiid because he's almost 30 and his health is probably a ticking time bomb anyways. He's coming off of a MVP season and his trade value will never be higher.

If they are giving up on the Embiid era they should trade him immediately but they don't have their own draft picks in 2025 and 2027 so they would be doing the opposite of the process. Whoever gets Embiid will not be in the lottery so now they need to get a third team involved that wants to give up lottery picks for "?". And I bet the deal brings them back some lesser star for them to pretend to their fans that they're going to be a good team while rebuilding.

Wardell Curry
08-20-2023, 06:30 PM
If they are giving up on the Embiid era they should trade him immediately but they don't have their own draft picks in 2025 and 2027 so they would be doing the opposite of the process. Whoever gets Embiid will not be in the lottery so now they need to get a third team involved that wants to give up lottery picks for "?". And I bet the deal brings them back some lesser star for them to pretend to their fans that they're going to be a good team while rebuilding.

All true. They're in a really tough spot imo.

Real Men Wear Green
08-20-2023, 06:34 PM
I believe the Nets would be getting those missing picks. They would therefore be the real winners of an Embiid trade.

SouBeachTalents
08-20-2023, 06:48 PM
Of all the teams, I think a trade to Miami would make the most sense. You can pair Embiid up with Butler, create arguably the best duo in the league, and Embiid can have a teammate who can takeover in the playoffs and crunch time.

Philly, you could potentially get Bam, Herro and an additional guy/picks.

Real Men Wear Green
08-20-2023, 07:07 PM
Of all the teams, I think a trade to Miami would make the most sense. You can pair Embiid up with Butler, create arguably the best duo in the league, and Embiid can have a teammate who can takeover in the playoffs and crunch time.

That makes more sense than anything I can think of. A bit flawed for Miami because Butler may start showing his age (currently 33) so if they want to do it they need to do it right now, don't wait until next season. But for Philly a Bam/Herro duo is a recipe for mediocrity. Especially if Maxey evolved into around a 20ppg player? That's good enough to not be the worst team in the league with an upside of making the play-in.

FultzNationRISE
08-20-2023, 07:37 PM

Not convinced this is the best move for the Heat.

Chemistry counts in basketball. Embiid is a better individual scorer than Bam clearly, but he can be soft, emotional, and thrives in very specific regular season conditions. He’s not as good/willing a passer as Bam and that could stifle the Heat’s team offense.

What really is the value of an MVP, scoring machine, regular season stud… if he’s not reliable in the post season? Just because he’s considered a “top 3 player” based on regular season productivity, I dont think that means you just add him to this or that situation and expect a championship. He hasnt proved much in the playoffs. He’s never had an elite supporting cast so I dont expect he’d have won a chip by now, but even from an individual standpoint, he hasnt been the most impressive postseason guy. Marc Gasol and Al Horford been eating his lunch for years.

Miami trading for him is a big chemistry gamble for an on-paper regular season upgrade. I think I’d just hold out for Dame.

Charlie Sheen
08-20-2023, 08:25 PM
Why would Philly trust Morey with a rebuild...what has he done in his 3 years to inspire that confidence?

Kblaze8855
08-20-2023, 08:55 PM

That always annoyed me as well, and I know it annoys a lot of people, but I was listening to a podcast about Tua and how he had to learn to fall and got information I didn’t have. I don’t know if you follow football, but this guy is a quarterback who always gets concussions and injuries when he gets hit. People noticed he simply did not know how to fall. Somebody like Tom Brady lasted so long and defenders say when you hit him it’s like tackling a water balloon. He just flows so smoothly to the ground and spreads the impact over his whole body. They sent Tua to take jujitsu classes to learn how to fall better and land more evenly.

Reason I brought it up is because they referenced a story I had missed were Embiid was taught the same thing. When he was crazy injury prone his first few years during one of his recoveries, the doctors and rehab people told him he falls poorly. Apparently it’s better when you feel yourself coming down awkwardly to just let it go and fall and spread the weight out on your way down instead of trying to catch yourself because shifting all your weight to catch yourself is what hurts you. Don’t land weird on one leg. Just fall all the way and roll to absorb the impact.

He was literally told to flop to preserve himself. It’s still annoying to see but it is true. He’s actually flopping on doctors orders.

fourkicks44
08-20-2023, 09:49 PM
Daryl Morey is a liar, tho.

FultzNationRISE
08-20-2023, 09:50 PM
That always annoyed me as well, and I know it annoys a lot of people, but I was listening to a podcast about Tua and how he had to learn to fall and got information I didn’t have. I don’t know if you follow football, but this guy is a quarterback who always gets concussions and injuries when he gets hit. People noticed he simply did not know how to fall. Somebody like Tom Brady lasted so long and defenders say when you hit him it’s like tackling a water balloon. He just flows so smoothly to the ground and spreads the impact over his whole body. They sent Tua to take jujitsu classes to learn how to fall better and land more evenly.

Reason I brought it up is because they referenced a story I had missed were Embiid was taught the same thing. When he was crazy injury prone his first few years during one of his recoveries, the doctors and rehab people told him he falls poorly. Apparently it’s better when you feel yourself coming down awkwardly to just let it go and fall and spread the weight out on your way down instead of trying to catch yourself because shifting all your weight to catch yourself is what hurts you. Don’t land weird on one leg. Just fall all the way and roll to absorb the impact.

He was literally told to flop to preserve himself. It’s still annoying to see but it is true. He’s actually flopping on doctors orders.

That makes sense but it still cant be good for a man that size to continuously hit the hardwood with a thud so often. Even if it’s better than landing awkwardly, falling that much in general does not bode well.

And why does he fall so much anyway? Hes one of the biggest guys in the league and hits the deck more than anyone. If he’s legitimately getting knocked off balance that often, something is wrong. Or, if his game plan is simply to be productive by flopping instead of battling, thats also not gonna bode well for his remaining playoff career.

90sgoat
08-20-2023, 10:12 PM

2023-2024 is going to be a rough go no matter what but they have a ton of cap space next summer. Hopefully they are able to attract a free agent to pair up with Embiid so 76ers fans don't have to endure another 5 years of being awful.

Completely agree and we could be proven wrong, but I don't think so.

I do think Embiid can win a ring, more than one even, but he shouldn't be asked to be FMVP.

He'd be good in a Shaq-Wade Heat situation. Have some younger guard star take the tough shots and contribute 20-15 and a couple of blocks.

90sgoat
08-20-2023, 10:15 PM
That makes sense but it still cant be good for a man that size to continuously hit the hardwood with a thud so often. Even if it’s better than landing awkwardly, falling that much in general does not bode well.

And why does he fall so much anyway? Hes one of the biggest guys in the league and hits the deck more than anyone. If he’s legitimately getting knocked off balance that often, something is wrong. Or, if his game plan is simply to be productive by flopping instead of battling, thats also not gonna bode well for his remaining playoff career.

He's falling because he is dribbling and barreling into people.

If he played back to basket he wouldn't be falling.

BarberSchool
08-20-2023, 10:25 PM
Trust the regress.

GOBB
08-21-2023, 03:09 PM
https://share.newsbreak.com/4qeflj28

Please be true. Please?

It’s cap. Morey didn’t give up Harden (no real value). He’s definitely not gonna give up Embiid who just won MVP and is in his prime. No legitimate trades to be made.

John8204
08-21-2023, 04:11 PM
Trade Harden and Embiid for draft picks and build around Herro and Maxey isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. Embiid is leaving Philly because everyone leaves Philly

GOBB
08-21-2023, 04:40 PM
Trade Harden and Embiid for draft picks and build around Herro and Maxey isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. Embiid is leaving Philly because everyone leaves Philly

Why would anyone build around Herro?

John8204
08-21-2023, 07:46 PM
Why would anyone build around Herro?

20PPG player that likely compliments Maxey and if he doesn't take the next step you've got process picks.

beasted
08-21-2023, 08:17 PM
Why would Philly trust Morey with a rebuild...what has he done in his 3 years to inspire that confidence?

This is the million dollar question.

In my mind he'd 100% deserve to be fired. Haven't seen player, contract, and coaching decisions handled so poorly in a while.

Maxey can't be happy going into a season where he could get injured without a contract, and he's potentially the face of any rebuild.