PDA

View Full Version : If Lou Will made it would you storm the building in a Buffalo headdress to stop it?

Kblaze8855
08-21-2023, 02:13 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2308212342380351.jpeg

Or would you let the induction go as planned?

RRR3
08-21-2023, 02:36 PM
People who would get that riled up about anything tend to be focused on other things.

Xiao Yao You
08-21-2023, 02:45 PM
they aren't among the all time greats which is different than making the basketball HOF

L.Kizzle
08-21-2023, 03:12 PM
I get what he's saying, being one of the greatest 6th men to play. But ... that's a hard look tho, being honest.
But the your Robert Horry's will have to be selected too.

Kblaze8855
08-21-2023, 03:58 PM
I get what he's saying, being one of the greatest 6th men to play. But ... that's a hard look tho, being honest.
But the your Robert Horry's will have to be selected too.

Manu and Mchale only started a combined 6-7 years of 29 seasons. Hell I think Bobby Jones is in the hall of fame and I doubt he started more than 4-5 seasons even counting the ABA. I’d say the 6th man wing is pretty well spoken for.

L.Kizzle
08-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Manu and Mchale only started a combined 6-7 years of 29 seasons. Hell I think Bobby Jones is in the hall of fame and I doubt he started more than 4-5 seasons even counting the ABA. I’d say the 6th man wing is pretty well spoken for.
Those other guys you list have accolades beyond a 6th man trophy. Bobby Jones (the least mentioned out of McHale and Manu) had 5 All-Star games and was All-Defense 1st team just about every season he played

Kblaze8855
08-21-2023, 04:42 PM
And he was off the bench almost his whole career. He was a 6th man. Of course he was also great. That’s why he’s in the hall of fame. Great players who happened to be 6th men can still go. That doesn’t apply so much to Lou and Jamal.

ArbitraryWater
08-21-2023, 04:44 PM
Im storming that shit

FireDavidKahn
08-21-2023, 04:53 PM
He in no way deserves it nor will he get in.

Kblaze8855
08-21-2023, 04:56 PM

but if he does, should I put you down for a buffalo outfit and a giant possibly sharpened flag pole?

Xiao Yao You
08-21-2023, 04:56 PM

considering who is already in I wouldn't count them out

Kblaze8855
08-21-2023, 04:59 PM
Im storming that shit

Let me state for the record…we are only very peacefully and patriotically going to approach the building and just hope our presence halts the ceremony non violently.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OldfashionedWellinformedChameleon-size_restricted.gif

FireDavidKahn
08-21-2023, 05:02 PM
but if he does, should I put you down for a buffalo outfit and a giant possibly sharpened flag pole?

Sure.

I don't take things like this that serious:roll:

But he was a 6th man that never contributed to winning (he got out of the 1st round only 4 times) and got worse in the post season vs. the regular season. The other names dropped in this thread like McHale and Manu have been mentioned in this thread were integral on championship winning teams.

There really isn't any distinction between someone like Lou Will and a player like Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Literally the only difference is that Lou couldn't start. Would you consider Shareef Abdur-Rahim a HOFer if he had come off the bench?

Xiao Yao You
08-21-2023, 05:06 PM
Sure.

I don't take things like this that serious:roll:

But he was a 6th man that never contributed to winning (he got out of the 1st round only 4 times) and got worse in the post season vs. the regular season. The other names dropped in this thread like McHale and Manu have been mentioned in this thread were integral on championship winning teams.

There really isn't any distinction between someone like Lou Will and a player like Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Literally the only difference is that Lou couldn't start. Would you consider Shareef Abdur-Rahim a HOFer if he had come off the bench?

Shareef has president of the Gleague on his resume and a year of college ball. He might get it in too! Seems like he was on one of the early Dream Teams as well. Might have a world championship gold?

Kblaze8855
08-21-2023, 05:13 PM
I’m trying to decide who the worst player is that I’m absolutely sure is going to go to the Hall of Fame. I’ve heard people long rumored to have a Hall of Fame vote call Draymond Green a future Hall of Famer. I feel like some people here would have a problem with that. Maybe not enough to come through the hall of fame office windows and destroy the building from the inside out but a problem.

deMar DeRozan is going to the Hall of Fame isn’t he? Maybe not now that we have some 5 to 7 time All-Stars who don’t look like locks to make it. Tom Chambers isn’t in there yet is he? Neither is Amare and he’s eligible. They could possibly hold Demar and Lowry out on that precedent.

Is Joe Johnson going?

Xiao Yao You
08-21-2023, 05:14 PM
olympic gold. Might just be a matter of time for Shareef!

Xiao Yao You
08-21-2023, 05:51 PM
I’m trying to decide who the worst player is that I’m absolutely sure is going to go to the Hall of Fame. I’ve heard people long rumored to have a Hall of Fame vote call Draymond Green a future Hall of Famer. I feel like some people here would have a problem with that. Maybe not enough to come through the hall of fame office windows and destroy the building from the inside out but a problem.

deMar DeRozan is going to the Hall of Fame isn’t he? Maybe not now that we have some 5 to 7 time All-Stars who don’t look like locks to make it. Tom Chambers isn’t in there yet is he? Neither is Amare and he’s eligible. They could possibly hold Demar and Lowry out on that precedent.

Is Joe Johnson going?

Ice Cube made sure Joe is getting in with his league

L.Kizzle
08-21-2023, 06:25 PM

Is Joe Johnson going?
If any of these guys you listed make it, it won't be 1st, 2nd or 3rd ballot. Look how long it top guys like Sweet Lou Hudson, Jack Sikma, Paul Westphal and Sidney Moncrief to make it. Bob Dandridge made it last season.

Guys like a Marques Johnson isn't in. Is Kevin Johnson a HoFer. Chauncey Billups? Amare should be eligible soon.