PDA

View Full Version : Giannis says he may not sign back next summer.

Kblaze8855
08-24-2023, 07:34 PM
I’m sure someone just shook Riley awake on a boat.

Giannis Antetokounmpo Wants It All. Even if It’s Not in Milwaukee.

The N.B.A. superstar has grand ambitions, as a businessman and basketball player. “I don’t want to be 20 years on the same team and don’t win another championship,” he said.
In a few weeks, he will be eligible for a three-year extension worth about $173 million, but he doesn’t plan to sign one just yet.

“The real question’s not going to be this year — numbers-wise it doesn’t make sense,” Antetokounmpo said. “But next year, next summer it would make more sense for both parties. Even then, I don’t know.”

He added: “I would not be the best version of myself if I don’t know that everybody’s on the same page, everybody’s going for a championship, everybody’s going to sacrifice time away from their family like I do. And if I don’t feel that, I’m not signing.”

Real Men Wear Green
08-24-2023, 08:15 PM
He's availed applying pressure on them to surround him with more talent. He sees what teams like Phoenix and Boston are doing to improve. Milwaukee is a good franchise but they haven't made a huge move in a while.

ArbitraryWater
08-24-2023, 08:37 PM
This is kinda old btw

But Luka and Giannis to join forces in 2024 :banana:

Kblaze8855
08-24-2023, 08:39 PM
It’s a 3 hour old New York Times article. He’s just said similar things before.

90sgoat
08-24-2023, 09:42 PM
If he leaves, fair play, he's been very professional.

Honestly he should just tell the truth, that he'd like to try a new situation, perfectly reasonable.

He put in the work and the years. Some teams need to accept not being top tier teams and being happy with having 8 years, or how much it is, with a star.

hold this L
08-24-2023, 09:43 PM
This is kinda old btw

But Luka and Giannis to join forces in 2024 :banana:
With what assets lol?

If he leaves, fair play, he's been very professional.

Honestly he should just tell the truth, that he'd like to try a new situation, perfectly reasonable.

He put in the work and the years. Some teams need to accept not being top tier teams and being happy with having 8 years, or how much it is, with a star.
That would derail the season if he said that though. It sounds like he wants to stay but only if the FO nuts up and does something special. You can't be getting completely outplayed by Himmy in a playoff series and then blame the FO, but noone can blame him if he leaves after staying with Mil for as long as he did.

90sgoat
08-24-2023, 09:51 PM
That would derail the season if he said that though. It sounds like he wants to stay but only if the FO nuts up and does something special. You can't be getting completely outplayed by Himmy in a playoff series and then blame the FO, but noone can blame him if he leaves after staying with Mil for as long as he did.

I mean, just say "I'm thinking about it".

Then off season say: "I've always wanted to live in LA" or wherever he wants to go. Why the platitudes and blame shifting?

It's really only an issue, if you like Harden and many other modern stars, just don't care that much about ball except for it allowing you to party all the time.

Jasper
08-24-2023, 11:37 PM
he read my post about getting Dame for Holiday and possibly Porter for a two year ring run.

He is not going anywhere.

Axe
08-25-2023, 01:00 AM
Boston is the best choice.

Jasper
08-25-2023, 07:50 AM

sorry we don't want Tatum:oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
08-25-2023, 08:01 AM
The grass isn't always greener. He's had some solid supporting casts over the last five years. You'd think this core has another two or three seasons. Maybe, anyway.

Giannis is the type of player whose game might not mesh well with others. He's in the ideal place IMO. Where else will he find a DPOY-level three-point shooting center? I've always felt Lopez was the most important piece for Giannis' game.

Real Men Wear Green
08-25-2023, 08:24 AM

I'm not sure but I don't think he's the type to join a rival. The Celtics would want him but figuring out the right deal would also be a headache. Tatum or Brown would have to be the basis of it plus another good player and then also a future pick or picks. But it can't be too much or else it defeats the purpose of him coming here. If he leaves I bet he goes to LA to play with AD. If they let James go they might have the cap space. Davis is not aging well but he hasn't had a truly devastating injury yet and the Lakers are the glamour franchise that players grow up dreaming of joining more than any other.

Patrick Chewing
08-25-2023, 12:14 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYTQzYTdpOGFrMm44cm04eWoxbTY0amd 0czZwNDF1aHprZDA4ajBjdiZlcD12MV9naWZzX3NlYXJjaCZjd D1n/VGtDZTl1GTColBHhvS/giphy.gif

90sgoat
08-25-2023, 12:21 PM
If he does sign elsewhere, go to Heat.

Butler is getting up in age too, he's unlikely to be a force for many more years.

Can you imagine the Heat defense?

Jasper
08-25-2023, 11:50 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYTQzYTdpOGFrMm44cm04eWoxbTY0amd 0czZwNDF1aHprZDA4ajBjdiZlcD12MV9naWZzX3NlYXJjaCZjd D1n/VGtDZTl1GTColBHhvS/giphy.gif

Giannis has already said , he doesn't what to go to a shit franchise like the Nets or the Knicks.

warriorfan
08-26-2023, 02:31 AM
The grass isn't always greener. He's had some solid supporting casts over the last five years. You'd think this core has another two or three seasons. Maybe, anyway.

Giannis is the type of player whose game might not mesh well with others. He's in the ideal place IMO. Where else will he find a DPOY-level three-point shooting center? I've always felt Lopez was the most important piece for Giannis' game.

I like this post

Except for the fact he could always join with chef ding

ILLsmak
08-26-2023, 07:39 AM
Imagine a guy in his prime in the 90s being like... I don't wanna look back at my career and say I only won one championship. haha.

Like dude said, his team is pretty tailored to him. I dunno how well he'd pair with a guy who could get him the ball. He seems like the kind of dude who gets a lot with momentum coming over half court. I dunno if he'd recreate that with an elite passer. With a better team comes more pressure, too. Look at what happened to KD post GSW.

-Smak

Clifton
08-26-2023, 08:41 AM
He's applying pressure in the right way. This is why free agency exists.

The Bucks evidently have no plan after ~2025. And that's around when Giannis's contract expires. It's on them to replenish the talent when these guys start to age out.

But it would take a miracle. Their assets don't translate to any other roster than this one, they're too old, and what picks they have don't project to be good if they keep Giannis-- and if you're trading a good player to Milwaukee for picks, you're helping them keep Giannis, so why would you do it?

They need to have a Heat or Spurs-level talent scouting department, and I don't think they do. They don't even have enough front office chops to sign Bogdanovic properly or get Jrue Holiday for anything less than 5 picks and an at-the-time good player at the same position FFS...

Jasper
08-26-2023, 09:55 AM
He's applying pressure in the right way. This is why free agency exists.

The Bucks evidently have no plan after ~2025. And that's around when Giannis's contract expires. It's on them to replenish the talent when these guys start to age out.

But it would take a miracle. Their assets don't translate to any other roster than this one, they're too old, and what picks they have don't project to be good if they keep Giannis-- and if you're trading a good player to Milwaukee for picks, you're helping them keep Giannis, so why would you do it?

They need to have a Heat or Spurs-level talent scouting department, and I don't think they do. They don't even have enough front office chops to sign Bogdanovic properly or get Jrue Holiday for anything less than 5 picks and an at-the-time good player at the same position FFS...
this has to be one of the funnies fvck'n posts I've seen in a long time.

Do you realize that only one team scouted Giannis when he was in Greece and that was the Bucks.

your fvck'n hilarious. :applause::applause::applause:

sdot_thadon
08-26-2023, 10:45 AM
Well he's within his rights to do so, he wants to leave a bigger legacy so if they aren't winning he's gone. Wonder if that rumored Golden State thing will finally happen. Crazy thing is not long ago some here were championing him for his "loyalty" lol.

k0kakw0rld
08-26-2023, 05:35 PM
Giannis needs to STFU lol Kawhi and LeBron don't leave the East, he ain't winning shit.

Real Men Wear Green
08-26-2023, 06:19 PM
Giannis needs to STFU lol Kawhi and LeBron don't leave the East, he ain't winning shit.

What would it matter if Leonard is getting injured as a Raptor instead of missing the playoffs for the Clippers?

Patrick Chewing
08-26-2023, 09:59 PM
Giannis has already said , he doesn't what to go to a shit franchise like the Nets or the Knicks.

Giannis has never said that, and you're just salty as f*ck right now cause you about to lose your boy. :lol

Jasper
08-27-2023, 10:03 AM
Giannis has never said that, and you're just salty as f*ck right now cause you about to lose your boy. :lol

quit licking my dick on here.